• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 Rumor: RE:3 2020?

That's a cool avatar of Ada, which goes very well with the dark skin on here.

2020 is just around the corner, so let's get 2019 out of the way first, and then on with new RE games! :p

I honestly don't know what to believe. A JP interview from after the release of RE2R said RE3R is not in development, yet "leaks" keep claiming it is imminent.
People claim it just isn't being developed in-house, explaining the interview, but idk.

I take everything I hear now with a heap of salt.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
My bet is that they are going to remake all of the 1998 stories, minus Survivor. For people who played Remake 2 they will wanna know what happened to the city, RE3 Remake comes in handy... Yet again, for those who played RE2 Remake will wanna know how Claire found her brother, CODE: Veronica Remake will be the answer for that.
In one way or another, these subsequent titles are directly connected to RE2. I'm sure Capcom will know how to make a buck on top of this as well as revisiting their older titles, something they clearly said they wanted to do in recent interviews.

Yama

Owner
My bet is that they are going to remake all of the 1998 stories, minus Survivor. For people who played Remake 2 they will wanna know what happened to the city, RE3 Remake comes in handy... Yet again, for those who played RE2 Remake will wanna know how Claire found her brother, CODE: Veronica Remake will be the answer for that.
In one way or another, these subsequent titles are directly connected to RE2. I'm sure Capcom will know how to make a buck on top of this as well as revisiting their older titles, something they clearly said they wanted to do in recent interviews.
I do wish we’d see Outbreak expanded upon, there’s definitely a calling for that style of game now. There is so much overlooked lore in those games by the average player.

Once the remakes are out of the way, I hope that's it, and RE4 etc won't be remade either. I see no need for those games to be remade, as they reinvented the series anyway. I could see why fans would want remakes of 3 and CVX, as they closely tie into the first game and 2 of course.

I hope after that, the remakes and bland spin off games should hopefully stop. Capcom cannot depend on nostalgia forever and also, they really need to move past 1998 now. That story was finalised some 20 years ago, yet they're still going on with it for some reason.

I hope after that, the remakes and bland spin off games should hopefully stop. Capcom cannot depend on nostalgia forever and also, they really need to move past 1998 now. That story was finalised some 20 years ago, yet they're still going on with it for some reason.
Because that's what fans keeping asking for.
I'd rather get new stories instead of remakes, but I can't fault CAPCOM for listening to it's fans. Especially since it doesn't stop them from consistently trying new things and experimenting with new ideas, instead of just rehashing the same game over and over again like most other big series.

It seems people always complain that either the games are too different, or too unoriginal. I don't think that's fair, considering they are usually good at maintaining a balance between both.

At least Capcom cares about continuing RE. I am honestly choking to play another game where we venture through Silent Hill. But I think Konami only makes games now that make them a profit, and that ain't that. :(

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
I do wish we’d see Outbreak expanded upon, there’s definitely a calling for that style of game now. There is so much overlooked lore in those games by the average player.

They are THE Raccoon City games to me, I love the details and lore in them. There's just so much to enjoy in them.
Glad I have my PS2 copies intact, unfortunately I highly doubt those games will get a Remaster.

RE 4 etc are great action games, but yielded none of the old RE magic. Thankfully, after 15 years, we got Naughty Dog and Bethesda waking up Capcom with their take on action oriented horror stories. I think those games are equally as influential as RE 4 ever was, yet for some reason, they still remain somewhat unappreciated among the genre buffs.

They are THE Raccoon City games to me, I love the details and lore in them. There's just so much to enjoy in them.
Glad I have my PS2 copies intact, unfortunately I highly doubt those games will get a Remaster.
With all of the constant fan outcries to revive Outbreak, especially since the Project Resistance reveal, I wouldn't be too suprised if it came back. They even have a working Raccoon City on the engine to build new games with, and they keep referencing Outbreak lately (RE7, RE2R, and PR all have substantial references)
Although I'd honestly rather get a remaster with working servers, instead of a remake. I doubt everything would survive the transition otherwise.

I hope we get an Obscure type RE game. I absolutely loved that game. Characters could be switched at a meeting point, and the game only ended if nobody survived.

Yama

Owner
With all of the constant fan outcries to revive Outbreak, especially since the Project Resistance reveal, I wouldn't be too suprised if it came back. They even have a working Raccoon City on the engine to build new games with, and they keep referencing Outbreak lately (RE7, RE2R, and PR all have substantial references)
Although I'd honestly rather get a remaster with working servers, instead of a remake. I doubt everything would survive the transition otherwise.

It's definitely being talked about more so than it has in the last decade or so, I like it. I personally don't even need a remake of Outbreak itself, but a revival of that style game in RE:2's engine and such. Whether it be something completely new, a re-telling or sequel would all be fine to me. I crave the direction more so than the exact product of the past, as much as I enjoy it. I'd double up for a remaster in addition though. While PCSX2 looks fantastic, I'd like for the game to be widespread again, it deserves it.

I can definitely see either of these events being fitting.

I personally don't even need a remake of Outbreak itself, but a revival of that style game in RE:2's engine and such. Whether it be something completely new, a re-telling or sequel would all be fine to me. I crave the direction more so than the exact product of the past, as much as I enjoy it.
Personally, I'd like an Outbreak-like game in a new setting. Like Terragrigia, Tall Oaks, or Dulvey. Expand on those locations and the bioweapons used there.

Top Bottom