• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Translation Rose Blank Translation

Well this should be fun.

https://www.crimson-head.com/biohazard-rose-blank

Some SPOILERS HERE

I know that these novels have had a reputation even before we had a chance to read them but I hope people go into them with a blank slate and give them a chance because I was really surprised just by how well it actually fits into the lore. I was expecting errors and inconsistencies to be rife but honestly as far as I could tell there really wasn't anything major. With such little information on the rivalry between the US Governent and Umbrella it was nice to finally read about this and get some additional information that the series has been missing for so long. Other than the Kaitai Guides and the PU interviews this whole angle went under the radar of the fans for many years but this novel released in 2002 had it right there in it's pages.

I am sure sure the canon discussions will begin almost immediatley some won't even give it a chance I assume because they have already made their minds up before reading it. But to those who are open to the canonicity of this novel I look forward to discussing the events with you.

May I just remind everyone that the canon criteria for this novel matches up with plenty of other installments in the series that people consider canon. It doesn't contradict, was published by Capcom, was read by Capcom and a second draft was made upon request. If you read the Afterword for the novel it states the name of the competition is the "Biohazard Novel Competition." The authors are referred to as Junior authors, up and coming looking to make a name for themselves. No where in there does it mention anything about "Fan-fiction" don't know where that came from. Might I add that the same source that I have seen refer to these novels as "Fan-fiction" Also states that Rose Blank won the competition and came in first place, which is incorrect. Rose Blank came in second place and To the Liberty won the competition so don't really know where that information came from but that's two things they got wrong.

Awesome work! Will definitely read this when I have the time. Really inspiring to see fans go the extra mile like this and translate an entire novel for other fans.

Even if it isn't canon (I'm not saying it is or isn't, just making a hypothetical statement), that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed for what it is, or even used in head canon.

Wowsers...I checked it out and I’ll have to read it in bits and pieces so that we can discuss someday.

Can‘t believe how much translate work you two did that is just nuts!

Thanks @Weskers Report . I translated the whole novel Joseph did translation checks basically read my version and the German one. Was going to do To the Liberty as well depending on the interest shown will determine how much of a priority I make it.

@Evil Resident , also thank you for the support. Well my attitude to the series is leave no stone unturned. My personal belief is that it is canon and until I see some proof otherwise I will treat it as such, calling the novel fan-fiction and turning your back on it seems totally irrational to me but to each their own. Just reading the after word alone should be enough for people to want to at least give it a chance. If someone can give me a reason within the novel itself why it is non canon that would be awesome. Can't wait to hear both your thoughts.

May I just remind everyone that the canon criteria for this novel matches up with plenty of other installments in the series that people consider canon. It doesn't contradict, was published by Capcom, was read by Capcom and a second draft was made upon request. If you read the Afterword for the novel it states the name of the competition is the "Biohazard Novel Competition." The authors are referred to as Junior authors, up and coming looking to make a name for themselves. No where in there does it mention anything about "Fan-fiction" don't know where that came from. Might I add that the same source that I have seen refer to these novels as "Fan-fiction" Also states that Rose Blank won the competition and came in first place, which is incorrect. Rose Blank came in second place and To the Liberty won the competition so don't really know where that information came from but that's two things they got wrong.

Since I was the one who told you it was fan fiction I'll interpret this is a dig at myself so let me respond and clarify and correct you on a number of points. First of all, this book was not published by Capcom, it was published by Media Works/Dengeki and nothing to do with Capcom. The fact a second draft (at least) was made is standard course for any published works and Capcom only read and approved it because they were invited to judge the competition, but significantly Capcom were not the only judges. The editor of the publishing company and two famous Japanese authors not related to Biohazard also judged the final result. The ‘Biohazard Novel Competition’ was run in conjunction with Capcom as a special offshoot of their regular Dengeki Novel Prize which has been running since 1994. These competitions are aimed at supporting and discovering aspiring genre authors in Japan. There are many other similar competitions run by Japanese publishing companies.

These works are fan fiction because that is the whole point of what the competition is. The prize is for an amateur author to have their work appear in print and hopefully go on to launch a career. The best fan stories for Biohazard were judged by Ocho Osawa, Miyuki Miyabe, Yoshiaki Okamoto, Shinji Mikami, and Masaaki Tsukada. (Only Okamoto and Mikami were from Capcom). The task was to capture the feel and essence of a biohazard game and also to be judged on the standard of normal writing elements for any writing competition such as character development, prose, story structure etc.

There were 467 applicants for the competition and whittled down to six for the grand final, which comprised of five feature length novels and one short story. The short story was about a crow with human consciousness who comes to Raccoon City to observe the chaos, and the other novels included ‘The Umbrella Prescription’ which was about a character who changed jobs to work at Umbrella for the sake of their daughter and was caught up in a biohazard at a new laboratory. ‘Little Able’; about a girl with very high HQ whose dull day at school is interrupted by the emergence of a zombie, ‘To the Liberty’ was about a U.S. Marshall transporting a murder suspect back to the U.S. on an Umbrella owned ship that contained a new virus, and finally ‘I Believe’ was a feature-length story about a UBCS platoon during the events of Raccoon City. Rose Blank was the other finalist and eventually came second with To the Liberty winning the competition.

The prize for 1st and 2nd was publication of the novels. Interesting fact: Shinji Mikami was not a big fan of Rose Blank. He felt the structural fear of Biohazard was not well transmitted and he was left ‘completely unsatisfied.’ Mikami’s favourite was actually the short story about the crow but the other judges liked Rose Blank well enough for it to take second prize overall. The fact that Mikami himself, way back when he was still Biohazard king in 2002, didn’t like the story yet it still got published is quite significant when it comes to judging the overall relevance of it in terms of canonicity. Essentially Rose Blank and To the Liberty pretty much stand alone from all the over biohazard novels because they were fan-written books who won a competition, the others were all commissioned works with varying degrees of assistance from Capcom. To the Liberty for example famously includes the C-Virus which predated RE6 by 10 years and yet Capcom just completely ignored it and made their own version regardless.

But anyway…

Don’t interpret any of this as a dig on the efforts you have all gone to, I am just providing clarification on where the book stands in terms of the larger lore. It’s pretty self-explanatory why these are not canon, but there’s absolutely no reason non-canonical materials cannot be enjoyed too.

Good work on this translation, I am sure people will enjoy it and debate it. By all means give it a fair chance and include it in your own personal head-canon, but don’t try and promote it as mainstream biohazard canon because it isn’t and was never intended to be. To try and suggest otherwise only generates unnecessary confusion.

Well done CHE on providing another exclusive original translation.

My post was an invitation not a dig to anyone who wanted to discuss this novel and the new information that comes with it. I see you choose not to discuss the events of the novel what so ever, I am quite surprised by your knowledge on these novels considering our past conversations.

What does its publication have to do with it being canon? Capcom don’t publish the Kaitai Guides either they are published by Enterbrain Inc. All that matters is that it was an official product which was copyrighted by them and is a part of Capcom’s product line. You cannot use the Biohazard/Resident Evil name without gaining their permission. Which they agreed upon that “The concept of the competition was to allow Resident Evil fans to enter their own pieces of literature into the franchise.” “Into the franchise” being keywords.

The fact that a second draft was asked of them means that any information that they don’t like or perhaps contradicted could have been requested to be changed. I am glad Capcom were not the only judges, don’t know why this is a factor Capcom are not novel editors they would need professional opinions on the novel’s grammar, spelling, vocabulary and story continuity. Capcom were merely there to judge it as a Biohazard novel.

These authors are aspiring young writer’s means nothing to me regarding its canonicity. Unless you are suggesting that an author needs to have a couple novels under his belt before he can write a canon based one I don’t really see what this matters. They were authors who were pursuing the career as a profession. So of the greatest movies ever made were shot by first time directors. See “Evil Dead”.

I am going to ignore the “fan fiction” accusation because it is completely unwarranted. We have established that they are aspiring authors, they entered a “Novel completion” and it just so happens that this “competition” is a pretty big deal in Japan. If it was to be called “fan fiction” then the name would be attached to the product. It’s not, that’s a term that has been attached to it by fans.

Love the sound of that Crow novel and the one with the UBCS platoon. Shinji Mikami is more than entitled to his opinion but that really has nothing to do with the canonicity. He has been known to dislike several things about Resident Evil. Suddenly a developer not liking the product makes it non canon? Or even non official which is what you seem to be focusing on here. I was hoping we could be discussing the events of the novel not if the novel is official or not because it clearly is. It has the licence, it has the backing, it has Capcom staff officially selecting what got published. I guess we can discuss To the Liberty and how there can only be one C-Virus when we get a translation of it but until then this is about Rose Blank.

Thanks appreciate it but I don’t feel like it is self-explanatory in fact I feel the exact opposite to you. I have spoken to three people who have read the novel so far and they all see no reason it should be dismissed. Well I am hoping for further debates. It is not a fair chance if you are already dismissing it as canon based on your initial impressions of the novel. Out of curiosity have you read the novel? I would like to hear your thoughts.

First of all I didn’t promote it as main stream Biohazard I am suggesting now we have a translation that we have a proper discussion about it because now we have all the facts that we need, I don’t see what is wrong with that? Secondly it is not really your place to tell people what to and not to promote. First of all I don’t even agree with your points, much like you don’t agree with mine. So you are entitled to your opinion as am I. Like I said there are people out there who believe this could be canon I am not alone here. I think of the canon as a debate amongst the fans and the majority rules not one vs one especially over such trivial circumstances as the publication of a novel. What you seem to be suggesting here is that I do not try to enter things into the canon, in which case… I don't quite know how to respond to that request.

My post was an invitation not a dig to anyone who wanted to discuss this novel and the new information that comes with it. I see you choose not to discuss the events of the novel what so ever, I am quite surprised by your knowledge on these novels considering our past conversations.

Your final paragraph suggests otherwise, otherwise there would be no need to put that in. A thousand apologies for getting the competition winners mixed up too for a fan fiction competition from 16 years ago. I hope you can forgive me one day…

My knowledge is indeed very limited on these novels, but many years back we began to translate them because we wondered if the C-Virus being developed for RE6 would somehow tie into previous events from To the Liberty. Then we researched them further and discovered they were just fan-written books for a competition and not relevant to the primary lore. That made us stop and move onto other projects.

What does its publication have to do with it being canon? Capcom don’t publish the Kaitai Guides either they are published by Enterbrain Inc. All that matters is that it was an official product which was copyrighted by them and is a part of Capcom’s product line. You cannot use the Biohazard/Resident Evil name without gaining their permission. Which they agreed upon that “The concept of the competition was to allow Resident Evil fans to enter their own pieces of literature into the franchise.” “Into the franchise” being keywords.

I know it doesn’t have anything to do with canon, but you stated otherwise yourself in your opening post with your ‘canon criteria’. The fact it is an official product doesn’t matter either. And ‘allow Resident Even fans to enter their own pieces of literature’ is the key phrase here because it’s a fan fiction competition.

The fact that a second draft was asked of them means that any information that they don’t like or perhaps contradicted could have been requested to be changed. I am glad Capcom were not the only judges, don’t know why this is a factor Capcom are not novel editors they would need professional opinions on the novel’s grammar, spelling, vocabulary and story continuity. Capcom were merely there to judge it as a Biohazard novel.

A second draft was made because it was part of the rules of the competition. No novels ever go to print without multiple drafts being made. It’s about editing and streamlining the manuscript and checking for grammatical, spelling and structural errors. It’s not about changing contradictions in the storyline because that is not the criteria. Capcom being not the only judges is a major factor because this was just a special off-shoot of a competition that has been running for 24 years and still runs now. The fact it is a Biohazard story is only a small part of what is important here. The competition is won based on the creation of a good story, with good characters, good prose, good sentence structure, good punctuation, spelling and grammar etc. It’s a writing competition first and foremost and that is why Capcom were only on the fringes of the judging panel. And Shinji Mikami himself did not like the story because it didn’t feel like Biohazard to him, but was still overruled by other judges not even from Capcom. Again, that is because it is primarily about being able to demonstrate writing ability and crafting a good story – not necessarily just because it fits into the world of biohazard.

These authors are aspiring young writer’s means nothing to me regarding its canonicity. Unless you are suggesting that an author needs to have a couple novels under his belt before he can write a canon based one I don’t really see what this matters. They were authors who were pursuing the career as a profession. So of the greatest movies ever made were shot by first time directors. See “Evil Dead”.

I am going to ignore the “fan fiction” accusation because it is completely unwarranted. We have established that they are aspiring authors, they entered a “Novel completion” and it just so happens that this “competition” is a pretty big deal in Japan. If it was to be called “fan fiction” then the name would be attached to the product. It’s not, that’s a term that has been attached to it by fans.

If it means nothing to you that this is a fan competition then you are seriously misjudged on what you believe to be ‘canon’ and it is no wonder you are confused. It’s not about having a few novels published before you can write anything canon or directing an original film either. That’s not the point at all here.

This is a ‘novel competition’ entered by ‘authors who were pursuing the career as a profession’ – and you are going to ignore fan fiction because it isn’t literally spelled out for you in the title? I’m sorry but that is just plain denial.

Love the sound of that Crow novel and the one with the UBCS platoon. Shinji Mikami is more than entitled to his opinion but that really has nothing to do with the canonicity. He has been known to dislike several things about Resident Evil. Suddenly a developer not liking the product makes it non canon? Or even non official which is what you seem to be focusing on here. I was hoping we could be discussing the events of the novel not if the novel is official or not because it clearly is. It has the licence, it has the backing, it has Capcom staff officially selecting what got published. I guess we can discuss To the Liberty and how there can only be one C-Virus when we get a translation of it but until then this is about Rose Blank.

He’s been vocal about what he doesn’t like after he left Capcom many times, but at the time of this competition he was very much still the creative mind behind the series, deep in development with remake and then the original versions of Bio4. He was also on the judging panel of this very competition and he stated he did not like Rose Blank – so yeah that kind of has a major bearing on the canonicity of this story. Unless you are saying people not even associated with Capcom who chose this book to finish runner-up has more of a sway on its canonicity than Capcom? And again, you are confusing ‘official’ with ‘canon’. They are two separate things. Fire and Ice is an official comic, but it is not canon.

20th Century Fox are currently running a competition for aspiring film makers to make a short film set in the Alien universe. The winners will get to have their film made, financed and produced by 20th Century Fox. That is a pretty extraordinary competition for fans and it will be official and endorsed by Fox – but the winning film won’t be canon to the mainstream series.

Thanks appreciate it but I don’t feel like it is self-explanatory in fact I feel the exact opposite to you. I have spoken to three people who have read the novel so far and they all see no reason it should be dismissed. Well I am hoping for further debates. It is not a fair chance if you are already dismissing it as canon based on your initial impressions of the novel. Out of curiosity have you read the novel? I would like to hear your thoughts.

Depends if these three people know the actual development history behind these books I might add which I assume they are not. I haven’t read it yet no. But I probably will at some point and will offer my thoughts. It could be the best biohazard story ever with no contradictions at all – but that would still make it sadly irrelevant in terms of its canonicity.

It’s not about being fair. I am dismissing the story, I am dismissing it as a piece of primary universe canonicity because it is fan fiction, with no real difference to the billions of other fan stories you can find on the internet with the exception it was well-written enough to win a publishing competition. That does not make it canon.

First of all I didn’t promote it as main stream Biohazard I am suggesting now we have a translation that we have a proper discussion about it because now we have all the facts that we need, I don’t see what is wrong with that? Secondly it is not really your place to tell people what to and not to promote. First of all I don’t even agree with your points, much like you don’t agree with mine. So you are entitled to your opinion as am I. Like I said there are people out there who believe this could be canon I am not alone here. I think of the canon as a debate amongst the fans and the majority rules not one vs one especially over such trivial circumstances as the publication of a novel. What you seem to be suggesting here is that I do not try to enter things into the canon, in which case… I don't quite know how to respond to that request.

Again, your are not being honest here because I’ve been directed to the thread CHE by others and see it has been advertised there as ‘CHE proudly presenting more canon, Resident Evil source material’ in the form of this book. No doubt the same is written on all your social media outlets too. That statement is simply inaccurate so I can only assume GT isn’t fully aware of the circs behind its origins. It strikes me that it is pretty obvious you’ve worked hard on this and are simply desperate for it to have some relevancy, which I can totally understand, but falsely promoting it as canonical is not the right way to go about it.

My issue is simply that. That you should simply label it as non-canon, expanded universe and be honest about the origins of what it is. There is absolutely no reason why people can’t still enjoy it, analyse it and debate it. No one can stop you making it part of your own personal universe if you want to. But you can’t justify hours of work by saying it is canon when it simply isn’t. You are promoting false and inaccurate information which people work extremely hard to eradicate in this community.

My intent isn’t to derail your thread, but you wanted a canonicity debate and now you have one. By falsely labeling this as canon you are undermining the work of other websites like Project Umbrella and RE Wikia who strive to make a clear distinction about what is part of the core universe and what isn’t. But that doesn’t mean every single piece of material cannot be equally enjoyed.

What are you talking about? My initial comment about people judging a novel before they read it was actually not even based toward you at all. I was basing it on the SD Perry novels and the reputation they have and then I hear people ripping on them but when asked they have not even read the novels. That was the basis for my “dig” comment. Wasn’t even about you, not everything is.

No actually your knowledge of these novels is not limited at all, it’s almost like you have kept information from me (us) until you had to use it. Would have been nice to know some of this stuff when I told you I was translating these novels during our several discussions.

It does match the canon criteria. It is an official publication, it was written by a professional (aspiring author), it does not contradict anything (unlike the comics you mention). Actually these novels don’t usually get a second draft it says so here “This is also due to the fact that a publisher can watch an unpolished gem, which unfolds its full quality after an editorial finish, and can wait for a new application. But even within this competition there was no such second chance.” And then “Finally, I would like to point out one important point: The present printed edition has been edited by the author. The lack of perspective persistence in the selection process is therefore no longer present.” So they basically made an exception for this novel because they enjoyed it so much.

We do not know this “It’s not about changing contradictions in the storyline because that is not the

criteria.” You were not a part of the panel. The only thing I can say about Shinji is maybe if he did not want to enter a novel into the franchise then they probably shouldn’t have taken part in the competition, they agreed to it and the rest is history. His disliking of it and the publication of it really bares nothing to the canon debate.

It is not a fan competition it is a “novel competition” fans of the series are welcome but not limited to. If you are going to write a Biohazard novel then yes you probably should be a fan of the series otherwise you won’t know what you are writing about. The ORC developers were all fans of Biohazard, so is Naoki Serizawa the author of the Manga’s that really does not change anything.

Only you have reacted this way Batman. Everyone else I have spoken to said that they would at least consider the novel before giving an opinion. The fact you haven’t read it means you only know half the story here and I am quite shocked that you have taken this so personally. No I am not trying to insert it into the canon because I translated it and I appreciate you saying that about me. Unlike you and others in the community I like to discuss how things could be canon rather than trying to erase everything I can while on some war path. It is very easy for me to do what you are doing, the difficult part is trying to stay positive and bring new things to the series in the face of such adversary as yourself. I tried to make a case for Machova, the Café newspapers, The Book and several other instalments, tell me did I translate those too? But I appreciate you trying to slander my reputation like that anything to prove a point huh?

“He was also on the judging panel of this very competition and he stated he did not like Rose Blank – so yeah that kind of has a major bearing on the canonicity of this story.” It is really not. He does not like Rebecca Chambers either or Resident Evil 5 what does that mean for those? Personal opinion has absolutely nothing to do with the canonicity.

I am sure that fans will make a case for the Alien movie maybe you can go and berate them when it comes out as well. You should probably watch it first though. They are aware of the afterword which is in the novel, probably not aware of your information because you have hid it until now. Where was all this when I told you I was translating the novel? Kept it in your back pocket until you had to play the card? By the way do you have a source for any of this? Because I have provided sources and you have made accusations and statements with no proof to back any of this up. If I made such bold claims I am pretty sure you wouldn’t even address it until you was provided a source.

You have been directed? Wow, you know if someone has a problem with CHE then maybe come and tell us about it and don’t bring in the Batman to do their dirty work. Ah well I did not write that, you know full well from our private conversations that I do not have anything to do with publicising materials at CHE I simply translated the novel and handed it over. But thanks for trying to throw dirt in my eye on that one. I translated a novel and feel like we should discuss its canonicity, that’s my role here. Maybe you should direct your wrongful finger pointing elsewhere on that one. Very classy move of you to speak of your friends website in such ways.

The last few paragraphs is just more hurtful accusations and nonsense so I choose not to address it. I am entitled to discuss any part of the series as a possibility for being canon as I see fit. If you don’t like it then ignore it. Please don’t come at me with some accusation, slander campaign and try to ruin reputations to prove a point. You do not think it is canon and I think we should discuss that. Does that hurt other websites? Please that is being very dramatic. All we are doing here is discussing. There is absolutely no reason to have made this personal here and if that’s what you have to do to prove your point then the only one desperate here is you.

What are you talking about? My initial comment about people judging a novel before they read it was actually not even based toward you at all. I was basing it on the SD Perry novels and the reputation they have and then I hear people ripping on them but when asked they have not even read the novels. That was the basis for my “dig” comment. Wasn’t even about you, not everything is.

Well you made a big point about a ‘source’ being wrong because they labelled it as fan fiction – which is precisely what I said to you it was. So if I am not that person then I apologize. But that other person is absolutely right about what they say, meaning I can't be the only person to react like this as you claim.

No actually your knowledge of these novels is not limited at all, it’s almost like you have kept information from me (us) until you had to use it. Would have been nice to know some of this stuff when I told you I was translating these novels during our several discussions.

See, this is the kind of behind the scenes rubbish I loathe. Why is there suddenly a conspiracy theory that I have ‘kept information from you’? What utter tosh. I have zero interest in these books. I’ve told you several times they were worthless to the canon because they are the result of a meaningless fan fiction competition and that they were never to be considered canon, regardless of their quality. And that’s precisely what I’m trying to tell you again here.

It does match the canon criteria. It is an official publication, it was written by a professional (aspiring author), it does not contradict anything (unlike the comics you mention). Actually these novels don’t usually get a second draft it says so here “This is also due to the fact that a publisher can watch an unpolished gem, which unfolds its full quality after an editorial finish, and can wait for a new application. But even within this competition there was no such second chance.” And then “Finally, I would like to point out one important point: The present printed edition has been edited by the author. The lack of perspective persistence in the selection process is therefore no longer present.” So they basically made an exception for this novel because they enjoyed it so much.

This is where you are getting confused. Just because it is an official publication does not mean it is automatically canon. And the editing process is the second draft here.

We do not know this “It’s not about changing contradictions in the storyline because that is not the

criteria.” You were not a part of the panel. The only thing I can say about Shinji is maybe if he did not want to enter a novel into the franchise then they probably shouldn’t have taken part in the competition, they agreed to it and the rest is history. His disliking of it and the publication of it really bares nothing to the canon debate.

We do know this because it was a writing competition and the best story was chosen based on writing criteria. It was not specifically about fitting into the biohazard universe as a canonical entry whatsoever. It was judged by the editor in chief of Dengeki and two other famous Japanese horror authors who have nothing to do with the series at all. It was also judged by Mikami and Okamoto from Capcom because of their obvious knowledge of the franchise, and Mikami didn’t particularly like it. Likewise it is not about Mikami ‘not wanting to enter a novel into the franchise’, he just didn’t like that particular story.

It is not a fan competition it is a “novel competition” fans of the series are welcome but not limited to. If you are going to write a Biohazard novel then yes you probably should be a fan of the series otherwise you won’t know what you are writing about. The ORC developers were all fans of Biohazard, so is Naoki Serizawa the author of the Manga’s that really does not change anything.

Yes, with over 400 entries and all largely fans of the series it is pretty safe to say as I can’t imagine such a competition would appeal to people without at least a casual interest in the series.

Only you have reacted this way Batman. Everyone else I have spoken to said that they would at least consider the novel before giving an opinion. The fact you haven’t read it means you only know half the story here and I am quite shocked that you have taken this so personally. No I am not trying to insert it into the canon because I translated it and I appreciate you saying that about me. Unlike you and others in the community I like to discuss how things could be canon rather than trying to erase everything I can while on some war path. It is very easy for me to do what you are doing, the difficult part is trying to stay positive and bring new things to the series in the face of such adversary as yourself. I tried to make a case for Machova, the Café newspapers, The Book and several other instalments, tell me did I translate those too? But I appreciate you trying to slander my reputation like that anything to prove a point huh?

“He was also on the judging panel of this very competition and he stated he did not like Rose Blank – so yeah that kind of has a major bearing on the canonicity of this story.” It is really not. He does not like Rebecca Chambers either or Resident Evil 5 what does that mean for those? Personal opinion has absolutely nothing to do with the canonicity.

Because reading the story is irrelevant in terms of its canonicity. It could be the best story of the series but that really wouldn’t matter. You can’t just read the story and if it’s good say its canon or say its non-canon if it turns out rubbish. That’s not how it works. I’m not taking anything personally either, my simple gripe is that you keep trying to promote this and encourage others to see it as a concrete piece of the larger lore of the series, which it clearly isn’t and was never intended to be. To anyone who doesn’t know any different you are just confusing the hell out of them. I’m not being adversive either, I encourage translations of pretty much anything and I welcome any new material. That is the key point you are misinterpreting here. You just assume I am bashing you for translating non-canon materials, when that isn’t the case. You are welcome to focus on anything that has your interest and I encourage that. I don’t see how that translates to ‘slandering your reputation’, I just think you are incorrect on this particular issue by trying to encourage others to see it as a canon piece of material.

I am sure that fans will make a case for the Alien movie maybe you can go and berate them when it comes out as well. You should probably watch it first though. They are aware of the afterword which is in the novel, probably not aware of your information because you have hid it until now. Where was all this when I told you I was translating the novel? Kept it in your back pocket until you had to play the card? By the way do you have a source for any of this? Because I have provided sources and you have made accusations and statements with no proof to back any of this up. If I made such bold claims I am pretty sure you wouldn’t even address it until you was provided a source.

The Alien competition is just an example of a similar thing, but the entrants for that have the sense to know their small movie will not be part of the canonical series, again because that is not the point of the competition. It’s not about ‘berating’ anyone. You need to calm down. And again with the ‘hiding information’ rubbish. Do your research. I told you several times about the origins of this novel but as always you dismiss what you don’t want to hear and can’t accept any form of constructive criticism. We’ve been here before many times. As for sources because it was so long ago many details are no longer around but some a majority be found HERE which also includes Mikami’s opinions on Rose Blank.

You have been directed? Wow, you know if someone has a problem with CHE then maybe come and tell us about it and don’t bring in the Batman to do their dirty work. Ah well I did not write that, you know full well from our private conversations that I do not have anything to do with publicising materials at CHE I simply translated the novel and handed it over. But thanks for trying to throw dirt in my eye on that one. I translated a novel and feel like we should discuss its canonicity, that’s my role here. Maybe you should direct your wrongful finger pointing elsewhere on that one. Very classy move of you to speak of your friends website in such ways.

See here we go again with the non-existent conspiracy theories. Why does someone suddenly have a problem with CHE? Why is someone trying to throw dirt in your eye? ‘Very classy move of you to speak of your friends website in such ways.’ That’s a lot of fiction (which is ironic) you are devising in your overly paranoid brain here. The simple truth is someone sent me a random message with a link to the thread so I clicked on it and read it. I’m not sure how that translates to an attack on CHE.

The last few paragraphs is just more hurtful accusations and nonsense so I choose not to address it. I am entitled to discuss any part of the series as a possibility for being canon as I see fit. If you don’t like it then ignore it. Please don’t come at me with some accusation, slander campaign and try to ruin reputations to prove a point. You do not think it is canon and I think we should discuss that. Does that hurt other websites? Please that is being very dramatic. All we are doing here is discussing. There is absolutely no reason to have made this personal here and if that’s what you have to do to prove your point then the only one desperate here is you.

What hurtful accusations? What slander campaign? And ruining reputations? I think you need to calm down and perhaps grow up a little. I think falsely accusing me of such motivations is more the point you need to address here. All I have said is I disagree with you promoting this novel as canonical and trying to convince others to see it as so. I see it as dishonest. That is not a personal attack on anybody’s character. It’s just a small criticism. I still commend the translation and I do sincerely hope people enjoy it and discuss it. But you are the one making this a far bigger deal than it needs to be and you are the one who seemingly wants to make this personal by throwing around completely false accusations about slander and destroying reputations. At the end of the day if you can’t handle a little constructive criticism then that’s not my fault.

You have your opinion and I have mine, you are welcome to yours without having to play the canon police role. This is a community that should allow different perspectives not everyone sharing the same views. I can assure you of this much; Biohaze, CHE and Wikia all have a different idea of what canon is. We could have discussed this in a rational manor but now I believe that chance has passed by. You should probably realise that not everyone views the canon the same way as you do and information has and will continue to come forth that has given people a different perspective. I have heard your POV I see nothing new left to discuss here. Other than a bunch of nonsense which I will no longer be drawn into.

Heh, it's not about me playing canon police. It's very very clear to pretty much everyone except yourself where this novel stands in the grand scheme of things. It's not hard to realise that fan fiction does not make up part of the canon, whether it is official or not and that is something I'm pretty certain George Trevor will attest to, as do people on here and in the Wikia. I'm happy also to discuss it in a rationale manner, but you seem incapable of doing the same without either sulking about it or suggesting I'm trying to discredit you or Crimson Head Elder which is just being silly. I don't understand either why you seem to think this novel can only be enjoyed or accepted unless it is considered canon. Why does that have to be the case? But yeah, I'll leave you to your non-existent conspiracy theories.

Top Bottom