• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE5 RESIDENT EVIL 5 [REALISM 4K] PC

With a lot of people getting into PC gaming lately I thought I'd do a quick write up on the definitive way to play RE5. A lot of the mods are jumbled around the internet and behind links with adware and such, in addition to having little to no instructions.

Before:
lqqw1Kz.jpg

After:
TRh21dz.jpg

The three main files will be:

BH5 Fixes: This fixes various glitches with the game, removes the GFWL client reliance, allows you to find games in other regions, etc. (File uploaded to the thread attachments)
FOV: This fixes the games horrid FOV. While it may not have seemed terrible in 2009, having played on PC for quite some time it's literally nauseating. This fix is the perfect balance for a comfortable viewing experience that doesn't break the games immersion. (Too big for attachments, here's a Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D9lz2nTecqzB-furBG_iCoNbcVErA4er )
Realism: This fixes the filter applied to this game somewhere in it's dev life to "make it more scary" and allows the beautiful atmosphere to thrive. (File uploaded to the thread attachments)

pwu5k04.jpg

Instructions:

• Download the game. Don't launch.
  • Make sure to get WinRAR or something to unzip RAR files. Overwrite whatever it tells you. Backup or check files on Steam to go back to stock file set.
  • Unzip the BH5F Fixes RAR to your desktop. Drag over the two exe and dll files to the RE5 root folder (where the exe lives) in Steam. Go back to desktop and go through the nativePC_MT folder until you reach the files in the archive folder. Drag those files into the archive folder in the same place in the RE5 root nativePC_MT folder.
  • Unzip the FOV RAR to your desktop. Again navigate the natiePC_MT folder until you reach archives, drag all of those files into the archives folder in the RE5 game directory of the same name.
  • Unzip Photorealism RAR. Drag all files to the RE5 root folder in Steam where the exe resides. Overwrite if it asks.
  • Launch the game. If it's the old color set, click F6 to toggle the new color on. You can always toggle via F6.
gqB8Gfj.jpg

sd9wIe9.png

Enjoy!
An absolute beauty!

I'm so wishing consoles get mod access someday as unlikely as that is, sigh.

An absolute beauty!

I'm so wishing consoles get mod access someday as unlikely as that is, sigh.

With a lot of people getting into PC gaming lately I thought I'd do a quick write up on the definitive way to play RE5. A lot of the mods are jumbled around the internet and behind links with adware and such, in addition to having little to no instructions.

Before:
lqqw1Kz.jpg

After:
TRh21dz.jpg

The three main files will be:

BH5 Fixes: This fixes various glitches with the game, removes the GFWL client reliance, allows you to find games in other regions, etc. (File uploaded to the thread attachments)
FOV: This fixes the games horrid FOV. While it may not have seemed terrible in 2009, having played on PC for quite some time it's literally nauseating. This fix is the perfect balance for a comfortable viewing experience that doesn't break the games immersion. (Too big for attachments, here's a Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D9lz2nTecqzB-furBG_iCoNbcVErA4er )
Realism: This fixes the filter applied to this game somewhere in it's dev life to "make it more scary" and allows the beautiful atmosphere to thrive. (File uploaded to the thread attachments)

pwu5k04.jpg

Instructions:

• Download the game. Don't launch.
  • Make sure to get WinRAR or something to unzip RAR files. Overwrite whatever it tells you. Backup or check files on Steam to go back to stock file set.
  • Unzip the BH5F Fixes RAR to your desktop. Drag over the two exe and dll files to the RE5 root folder (where the exe lives) in Steam. Go back to desktop and go through the nativePC_MT folder until you reach the files in the archive folder. Drag those files into the archive folder in the same place in the RE5 root nativePC_MT folder.
  • Unzip the FOV RAR to your desktop. Again navigate the natiePC_MT folder until you reach archives, drag all of those files into the archives folder in the RE5 game directory of the same name.
  • Unzip Photorealism RAR. Drag all files to the RE5 root folder in Steam where the exe resides. Overwrite if it asks.
  • Launch the game. If it's the old color set, click F6 to toggle the new color on. You can always toggle via F6.
gqB8Gfj.jpg

sd9wIe9.png

Enjoy!
Great content, thanks! The FOV file is in your google drive bin, cant be downloaded, can you restore the file? Thanks again!

Awesome mod I love the way this looks! Unfortunately the FOV part of the mod has an invalid link and with the newest update the game won't run with BH5 Fixes installed.

Last edited:

Yama

Owner
thank you so much! I hope you'll be able to find a way :)
I remember using this a while back right before it became incompatible due to CAPCOM's latest patch.
While everyone's waiting, another mod that features a green color filter remover, pretty similar in looks to this one (imo) is
"Lyall's RE5Fix" mod - you have to download and extract it, copy-paste both of the mod's files in the game's directory, and make
sure you turn on the color filter remover inside the configurable .ini file by setting it to "True".

The mod offers a lot more [ like improved shadows or an FOV increaser (if you decide to use the FOV increaser, just make sure you don't set it at a value higher than 9 or you'll experience rendering and LOD glitches) ] but it does offer a color filter remover as well.

Also, no need to worry - the mod does not replace any of the game files.
Thank you for providing this. It looks awesome; all this even works on my laptop.

The original mod has been updated, as current as 9/23/23.

Top Bottom