• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 RE Village Thoughts

RE8’s story would have benefited greatly if we had the chance to actually see a younger Spencer and Miranda having conversations.

It's probably not the most popular opinion, but I kind of like it. I like the feeling when the storytelling focuses on a specific perspective, so you can't see anything beyond it. You visit houses, caves, and ancient ruins that reflect their history through environments and files. And instead of getting flashbacks or cutscenes in which the protagonist does not take any part, you explore the world of the game, collect information bit by bit and then organize it. Of course, you will have some gaps, because part of the history may have been lost.

Maybe I like this feeling, because as a child I dreamed of becoming an archaeologist, but it didn't work out, so I probably subconsciously enjoy this experience in games.

Although I understand your feelings and, as a fan of Spencer, I would like to see more of him. I even thought about how to expand his role in the story without changing the storytelling, but it turned out to be more difficult than I thought.

I also think that Spencer's expedition in some sense deserves its own game. Actually, we even have such a game. It came out recently and is called Amnesia: Rebirth. The game just focuses on an expedition that went to Algeria during the First World War, but everything went horribly wrong, because of which they encountered embodiments of local folklore. Of course, there were such tropes before, and I even saw them more than once, but it would be cool to experience this from the perspective of Spencer or someone from his team who would be next to him until his death.

To be honest, while RE5 beats the tar out of RE8, that's still not a good, scary game either. It is a great action game, but you really need a second player to assist you out. But man. Wasn't it fun seeing Spencer getting his old ass whooped by Wesker!? 😁

"I was to become a God!"

Nah, mate. You weren't. ❣️

I just discovered that fungi are a separate class of microorganisms. They are not related to bacteria, are not unicellular, and may have nuclei.

Although intracellular infection with the fungus is still possible. For example, I once learned about a fungal genus called Cryptococcus. It grows in cell culture and can cause severe meningitis in people with AIDS.

Capcom likes to boast that they have returned to their roots for RE, but we have yet to see a brand new fixed camera game in over 15 years. Indie titles like Song of Horror have proven that there is still an audience for this type of game. Even if it’s for side games, they should do fixed camera again and see what they can do with it. REmake sold like hot cakes for being a decade old Gamecube exclusive back in 2014, so it’s an untapped market Capcom is missing out on. RE8 is also not a survival horror game, it belongs in the same family as RE4-6. The huge inventory and over abundance of resources is proof of that.

As much as I like 3rd person, and it worked great for REmake 2, it has become more stale to me than fixed camera at this point. I also feel the first person perspective is going to fade out much faster than either of the prior styles. The market is over saturated with all these first person horror and P.T. clones and it’s getting tiresome.

Last edited:
To be honest, while RE5 beats the tar out of RE8, that's still not a good, scary game either. It is a great action game, but you really need a second player to assist you out. But man. Wasn't it fun seeing Spencer getting his old ass whooped by Wesker!? 😁

"I was to become a God!"

Nah, mate. You weren't. ❣
I was actually pissed at how Capcom handled that when the game first came out. We have never seen Spenser in person at all for the then 13 year old story and he gets killed off in a 3 minute flashback. While it was annoying at the time, having Wesker do it was the most fulfilling in a way so he made up for it.

To be fair, we also haven't seen Ashford and Marcus much, but we've seen their mutants.

Spencer wasn't even in Iwao's script, and he was never mentioned in the first game, but Wesker was always there. I believe they connected the two antagonists so that Wesker would both be the main villain of the series and take Spencer's place. In this context, Albert is no different from Alexia or the Queen Leech, if you know what I mean.

To be fair, we also haven't seen Ashford and Marcus much, but we've seen their mutants.

Spencer wasn't even in Iwao's script, and he was never mentioned in the first game, but Wesker was always there. I believe they connected the two antagonists so that Wesker would both be the main villain of the series and take Spencer's place. In this context, Albert is no different from Alexia or the Queen Leech, if you know what I mean.

Edward Ashford died but he wasn't shown as a mutant in game as far as i know, it was Alexander Ashford (as Nosferatu).
The founders were James Marcus, Edward Ashford and Ozwell E. Spencer.

Wasn't Spencer established by the George Trevor notes and story, that story was planned before Remake development.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was referring to Edward, too. We could see his portrait, which is a copy of the portrait of Emile Zola.

The storyline with Trevor and Spencer was written after Iwao, when Mikami invited another author. Spencer wasn't in Iwao's script, and the mansion was just the company's European mansion. Even the text that were written were not included in the game, so we don't have any mention of Spencer in the game.

For the first time in the series, Spencer was mentioned in a light novel about Beardsley.

It seems that Chris does not get along with the BSAA since 2018, when Umbrella became a sponsor of the organization:

However, there are many problems with the enormous amount of money spent on its activities, and due to the fact that the reestablished neo-Umbrella Corporation (unaffiliated with the association) was named on a list of investors submitted to an open public hearing held by the British Parliament, it has been widely publicized by the international media as an ethical problem, and it very much remains in the public eye. As of 2018, in order to cooperate with B.O.W. extermination activities being conducted by the neo-Umbrella Corporation, some troops are reportedly being transferred to help deter bioterrorism through the likes of handling special cases, but there are also many who question these activities themselves.

Ahead of the question, the author of Umbrella Arsenal System simply used the prefix. The story has nothing to do with the crime syndicate from Resident Evil 6.

Consequences of sponsorship:

mKh40vEzN9Y.jpg

921410-resident-evil-7-biohazard-playstation-4-screenshot-rescue.jpg

The BSAA soldiers also use Albert's guns:

Untitled.png

And the soldiers also have North American patches, not European ones. Perhaps this means that the bioweapons were supplied from America, since Umbrella is an American PMC:

sBW7YzgDP9E.jpg

hpppG3cQIhw.jpg

Miranda wrote in her diary that she was going to restore Rose with the help of the Chalice, which is the controller of the fungus. And I didn't stop thinking about how the Chalice is connected with the restoration process.

But today I noticed this:

Unused textures of Rose's eyes in the scene after the credits:

Perhaps at the moment when she should have been angry at the agent, her eyes should have started to shine. This is another symptom of the Progenitor Virus, which adds a coin to the piggy bank of the hypothesis that the virus and the Mold are related:

According to News Bot, who refers to Yasuhisa Kawamura, Sherry was planned as a superman from a new generation of protagonists who would fight face-to-face with Albert Wesker.

Maybe the developers could have taken this idea for Rosemary. I can easily believe that the influence of Umbrella will be impossible to exaggerate in the future, so its leader will be careless at one moment, but this moment will be enough to make him known. It will also be a good opportunity to remember about Jake.

Speaking of Umbrella, here is the eye texture of bioweapons from the BSAA:

And a small addition to the weapons they use:

Well, the influence of the virus in this case is as obvious as possible.

I wonder if these soldiers are related to the Tyrant project? Although they are very similar to Uroboros Mkono before his transformation, if you ask me.

Maybe, as in the case of Brandon Bailey's girls, the organization has set itself a similar goal to the Tyrant project, but it is not technically related to the t-Virus.

Thanks to KiandyMundin for the textures. They're from Romania, by the way.

It's hard for me not to notice how the soldiers look like Uroboros Mkono in his "human" state:

Especially the black smudges on the soldier's eyes resemble pustules of a virus:

Maybe Umbrella has a "weakened" strain of the virus that helps to metabolize pustules. For example, t-Mkono.

Thanks to BSAArklay for the texture.

People moaned about RE8 having robots. But uh. Isn't that acceptable since the games concern the manufacture of bioweapons? :ROFLMAO:

The one evil guy becoming like something out of Power Rangers was very OTT, though.

It's not like the game had real robots, though. Karl simply used the reactors to increase the parasites' energy capacity and the soldiers had enough energy to power the implanted techniques. He also implanted metal appendages in them so that he could control his army like puppets, I believe. It makes sense to me.

If any game in the series had real robots as enemies, it was only in Resident Evil 4, as far as I remember. I mean, during the battle with Krauser.

It's not like the game had real robots, though. Karl simply used the reactors to increase the parasites' energy capacity and the soldiers had enough energy to power the implanted techniques. He also implanted metal appendages in them so that he could control his army like puppets, I believe. It makes sense to me.

If any game in the series had real robots as enemies, it was only in Resident Evil 4, as far as I remember. I mean, during the battle with Krauser.
Umbrella Chronicles does have the TALOS bioweapon which basically uses cybernetic parts and is commanded by AI that is pretty much a "red queen" from the last secret hideout that Sergei Vladimir operates.
Even though UC its more like a RE side story game.

Top Bottom