• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:4 RE:4 Capcom Showcase 6/13

I hope we have an update about the DLC for RE8 as well. ;)

But there is so much from RE4 that fans want to see first. Like, Ada, the chainsaw boss, the merchant, Luis, and more.

It's a cool consistency right here:

"He was expected to join the President's daughter Ashley's security detail but since someone has abducted her, he is secretly investigating the case. Based on intel, he visits a certain European village and is once again embroiled in a tragedy reminiscent of the nightmare six years ago."

"Harking back to his trauma and grueling experience six years before, he's nihilistic and sometimes makes slightly self-deprecating jokes."

Leon S 1.jpg

Leon S 2.jpg

Leon S 3.jpg

Leon S 4.jpg

Maybe in this version, she gets captured while Leon is in her sight. Would make for an interesting take on the story. I'm all for changes, as it's boring to just rehash things, scene-for-scene. Maybe we will know more with Capcom's upcoming showcase on Monday. ;)

Summer Game Fest was very good, to be honest. Lots of new horror games got shown off. But I was a bit sad about Silent Hill not being announced. Got too keen to see it there. :(

I am relieved that Rose is getting DLC so they can wrap up that story and do something fresh and new for RE9. I hope the new Mercenaries characters can make it easier to platinum because using just Ethan is boring. I literally just got done doing all trophies for the story mode and they announce a 3rd person mode damn it lmao. This is also good news that Capcom will use 3rd person as a main perspective or at least give the option to switch in future titles.

They really didn’t show anything for RE4 which was disappointing. Besides a few screen shots and 10 seconds of walking, but oh well. I don’t want to watch trailers anymore so I go in as fresh as possible.

This new addition has clearly given me Little Miss vibe. This only overlays the suspicion about where Spencer came to the technology of the ceremony for "consciousness transfer". I definitely love that the biology of the series is connected, including the mental part of it.

I'm also even more confident now that the Duke is the Demon King that the four kings overthrew, hahaha.

This new addition has clearly given me Little Miss vibe. This only overlays the suspicion about where Spencer came to the technology of the ceremony for "consciousness transfer". I definitely love that the biology of the series is connected, including the mental part of it.

I'm also even more confident now that the Duke is the Demon King that the four kings overthrew, hahaha.
That small info about Rose being advised by some "Michael" fellow seemed a bit suspicious... Miranda's daughter being called Eva (this in turn made me think of Adam and Eve's story) and Michelangelo or (Michael the Angel) the painter and his famous art piece, creation of Adam.
And from what we could gather Rose wants to live a normal life, what could that imply? some kind of "transfer"? I mean, could the final events from this DLC expose the mold "parallel reality" just as in quantum physics an universe with its own laws but with a potential of releasing massive amounts of energy or power that could be exploited through research by any shady organization still operational at that time?

It would be interesting if RE 9 actually involved two timelines one where we get to see the situation with the BSAA right after Chris rescued Mia and Rose and then for the final third act it would be after Rose's DLC.
the-creation-of-adam-49611

Last edited:
That small info about Rose being advised by some "Michael" fellow seemed a bit suspicious...
Yeah, the presentation presented "him" not so much as a person, but as a force. And since Michael means "Who is like God?", my personal suspicion is that this is the Black God itself. This is the way the fungal root was named in Japanese. Miranda was its prophet, its hand. Like Jesus for Jehovah or like the God Hand for the Idea of Evil from Berserk:

0n8MvLSkYFm3TBClNrx5aPurOxHnI1ejD2IB_pIJwyM.jpg

And Miranda indeed talks about it as if is's sentient.

Let's say that the "fruit body" of the mold has grown to the point where, like the Queen Leech, its intellectual threshold has increased. And so it can interact with people's minds in a representation, but in such a way that people understand it. These are usually visualizations, letters, names, whatever.

After all, it's a reminder that even the Pursuer didn't have human intelligence or even the intelligence of a Tyrant. It was a pure Nemesis parasite, but it could talk and use weapons like a human.

And from what we could gather Rose wants to live a normal life, what could that imply?
Rose is unlikely to be able to rewrite her body, so maybe it's about the power she stole from Miranda to help her father? This could cause unintentional chimerism or something else that would frighten children and other people. Like, when she grew up, she learned to control her body, but this caused problems in socialization.

"parallel reality"
This part is actually based on real science, oddly enough. The real mycelium is able to form structures that resemble those nervous ones that humans have, so they serve as a kind of biological Internet in forests that can "remember" and "store" information.

Once there was an experiment with a maze and sugar. Mold was released there, which grew its hyphae in all possible ways to reach sugar. After the fungus reached it, the experiment was repeated, but only with the extracted part of that mycelium. And it immediately found a shortcut to sugar.

And "our" mold, in addition to abnormal evolution (I believe due to the Progenitor Virus), is evolutionarily related to the human species, which is also not so far from science.

I think everything we see, as well as what we saw when Ethan communicated with Jack and Eveline, are kind of dreams. Representations. Only collective ones. The concept of a "brain in a jar" that explored The Evil Within as well. It's also something we saw in Little Miss and Raid mode in Revelations 2, only Alex used Spencer's digital technology, not natural.

Yeah, the presentation presented "him" not so much as a person, but as a force. And since Michael means "Who is like God?", my personal suspicion is that this is the Black God itself. This is the way the fungal root was named in Japanese. Miranda was its prophet, its hand. Like Jesus for Jehovah or like the God Hand for the Idea of Evil from Berserk:

I think everything we see, as well as what we saw when Ethan communicated with Jack and Eveline, are kind of dreams. Representations. Only collective ones. The concept of a "brain in a jar" that explored The Evil Within as well. It's also something we saw in Little Miss and Raid mode in Revelations 2, only Alex used Spencer's digital technology, not natural.
But in some circles Michael is also equated to Adam, and while Eva was the first woman to sort of contact mold perhaps there is also an Adam/Michael but he could have been the first human that habited this other dream like world, due to contact with it.
Maybe he (MIchael) wants to actually destroy the black god or exploit Rose so he can cross to real world again (due to being in fact connected to mold if he crosses he would probably become a bioweapon)

Again I am not sure if the story will follow this or as you say all the people infected get simply simulated when shifted to this other reality, but my theory is based on the principle that Miranda somehow knew the mold could bring back her daughter, so maybe it's because this Ritual was done before, but in fact backwards? As in somebody "the first contact" is this other man or child Adam/Michael.
Second thing to note is that in Bio 7 both Ethan and Jack and Zoe were still "alive" outside the dream world and inside retained their true personas, then came back (at least Ethan's normal afterwards). So it looks like the dream world can in fact be reached by those infected but it remains to be seem if this other entity is the black god or an actual person who was the first to come in contact through a ritual?

or as you say all the people infected get simply simulated when shifted to this other reality
We saw this process with mold for the first time in Biohazard 7, when Ethan lost consciousness and was placed by Eveline in the center of her network, where his mind communicated with the minds of Jack and Zoe, who were also unconscious at that moment. Jack Baker even revealed his true self, because only his physical body is insane, since his central nervous system was reconfigured by Eveline. All our body control is carried out thanks to this system, so it is equivalent to someone taking the control panel from your body. You can be aware of things, but you cannot suppress the urge.

In the same way, the idea of a "brain in a flask" says that everything we see, hear and feel are just electrical impulses, so if some mad scientist takes out a human brain, puts it in a nutrient medium and connects neurons to a computer that will generate the necessary impulses, they can simulate reality for this brain.

This is also related to how we dream during sleep, since our images do not exist physically. So more than anything, it was a collective dream, because Jack and Zoe were tuned, and Ethan was connected to the network like a flash drive.

This is also what happens when Ethan communicates with Eveline in a new game, it's just that this time a second consciousness was discovered in his body itself. This happened because the mold that Eveline produced is her tissues with her genes.

but my theory is based on the principle that Miranda somehow knew the mold could bring back her daughter, so maybe it's because this Ritual was done before, but in fact backwards?
Oh, the Chalice, the idea of the ceremony and so on were not invented by Miranda, but "grow" from the 15th century. Miranda was simply able to communicate with the residual consciousnesses of people whose bodies had been decomposed and absorbed through the soil. She did this by touching the fungal root. In the same way, she found out that her daughter was still there, but the English version overlooked this moment.

I think this library of knowledge also helped her re-establish an old cult, just as Saddler somehow found out about the dogma of an ancient sect that Ramon's ancestor ruined.

But yeah, this Michael may be the residual consciousness of some ancient person or something. Perhaps he is even older than the Demon King who was overthrown by Prince Cesare Dimitrescu, Berengario Beneviento, Nichola Moreau and Guglielmo Heisenberg.

It will be interesting to find out.

I was really hoping we’d see re4’s combat in action. Not complaining but the game is coming sooner than it seems. A demo recreating the same area from the old demo would have been perfect. Like everyone here I enjoy the tonal shift, but want to see how the more action oriented gameplay pans out and if the leaks were true.

They're inclined to never show much. But you would think it would have been better to show something beyond a few seconds of Leon walking. 😌

At least we gathered that the guy can move and shoot at the same time. God, can you imagine if this still had the 2005 controls? 😐

They're inclined to never show much. But you would think it would have been better to show something beyond a few seconds of Leon walking. 😌

At least we gathered that the guy can move and shoot at the same time. God, can you imagine if this still had the 2005 controls? 😐
This will leave only RE5 left where we can’t move and shoot (at least for the action era of games), for an action game that sucks and I felt that was one of the games biggest drawbacks.

I hope they don't remake any more games. This is because they are not new games. At least nothing that evolves the series for the future.

As much as people are critical of 7 and 8, they are new games.

CV, I could understand if they remade that. It's missing from the timeline for these remakes. But I don't see the point in basically remaking every mainline game from previous generations, after 4 comes out, except maybe CV. But there is no point in remaking 5 and so on.

Top Bottom