• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE1 RE:1 ‘96

Sometimes, I think fans can do a more faithful job than Capcom themselves.

There's also a Silent Hill fan remake in the works, which cries out, "Konami, please shift your asses and bring back the franchise for real!" :D

There's also a Silent Hill fan remake in the works, which cries out, "Konami, please shift your asses and bring back the franchise for real!" :D
Oh without a doubt. Endless mods I can point to as a reference. One particular one I remember on PC for Resident Evil: Revelations is a mod for the Ooze enemies that makes them covered in blood. Makes them look more threatening.

Yama

Owner
This is quirky but great, love it.

There's also a Silent Hill fan remake in the works, which cries out, "Konami, please shift your asses and bring back the franchise for real!"
The UE5 one, right? Looks solid for what it is, but would love a true remake. The game is so deserving.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Idk if this is the best place to ask this but did anyone play 1996 version of re1? The one without any director's cut additions? I never played that but apparently it doesnt seem to have an auto-aim but japanese version has it?

I played both director's cut along with its dualshock version on emulators but ı played the latter 1st and it gave me a bad taste due to irritating soundtrack. I eventually warmed up to iwao's game after switching to former but ı still find remake more " special " since from pre-4 entries; that was the 1st one ı played. I think ı was struggling with the game quite a lot. It was hard to get used to but ı still wanted to keep going cause ı wanted to know the story of earlier games. I still like its faithfulness as well as its atmosphere. And ı certainly adore lisa trevor. I dont think 1996 and 2002 games are better than each other that much but from a pure story standpoint; ı find iwao's script more valuable while ı dont care much for mikami's 2002 script these days except lisa trevor in chris' scenario.

For fixed camera angled games; ı find auto-aim mechanic quite helpful too. It even improves for outbreak games. I dislike remake's real survival difficulty and it not having auto-aim is one of the reasons. Re4 and re5 dont have a mechanic like that but re6 has an quickshot mechanic and that makes the game a lot more comfortable for me. Reminds me of pot shot mechanic from outbreak games except for re6; everyone has it and it feels infinitely improved.

I hope there are not giant Web Spinners in this game. I freaking HATE spiders.

By the way, is this an official game, or a fan made project? Looks fan made.

Yama

Owner
Idk if this is the best place to ask this but did anyone play 1996 version of re1? The one without any director's cut additions? I never played that but apparently it doesnt seem to have an auto-aim but japanese version has it?

I played both director's cut along with its dualshock version on emulators but ı played the latter 1st and it gave me a bad taste due to irritating soundtrack. I eventually warmed up to iwao's game after switching to former but ı still find remake more " special " since from pre-4 entries; that was the 1st one ı played. I think ı was struggling with the game quite a lot. It was hard to get used to but ı still wanted to keep going cause ı wanted to know the story of earlier games. I still like its faithfulness as well as its atmosphere. And ı certainly adore lisa trevor. I dont think 1996 and 2002 games are better than each other that much but from a pure story standpoint; ı find iwao's script more valuable while ı dont care much for mikami's 2002 script these days except lisa trevor in chris' scenario.

For fixed camera angled games; ı find auto-aim mechanic quite helpful too. It even improves for outbreak games. I dislike remake's real survival difficulty and it not having auto-aim is one of the reasons. Re4 and re5 dont have a mechanic like that but re6 has an quickshot mechanic and that makes the game a lot more comfortable for me. Reminds me of pot shot mechanic from outbreak games except for re6; everyone has it and it feels infinitely improved.
Yeah, I'm one of the old heads who played it the day it came out, albeit was a kid at the time. It was also the first RE I knifed and the lack of auto aim made it quite the learning experience.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yeah, I'm one of the old heads who played it the day it came out, albeit was a kid at the time. It was also the first RE I knifed and the lack of auto aim made it quite the learning experience.
I see. I guess the hunters gave you massive trouble, correct? Especially during chris' scenario? I find hunters encountered during re1 the most difficult types to fight from all of the kind encountered during the series. With jill; it's more easier since she has bazooka and acid rounds melt them alive quite well.

Yama

Owner
I see. I guess the hunters gave you massive trouble, correct? Especially during chris' scenario? I find hunters encountered during re1 the most difficult types to fight from all of the kind encountered during the series. With jill; it's more easier since she has bazooka and acid rounds melt them alive quite well.
Ran past a lot knifing, but yeah that game had tons of scenarios you could get stun locked too. Hope you don't get cornered by two zombies while holding a shotgun, by the time you can aim they'll trade off bites. :ROFLMAO: I love that game.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Ran past a lot knifing, but yeah that game had tons of scenarios you could get stun locked too. Hope you don't get cornered by two zombies while holding a shotgun, by the time you can aim they'll trade off bites. :ROFLMAO: I love that game.
Yeah zombies in og re1 can be brutal. They can kill the characters even at full health if you dont shake them off quickly. With future entries, this was downplayed to make them more easier to defeat.

Top Bottom