• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Virus Rank The Viruses / Other Infectious Material

I thought she was infected with the NE-a variant not T-Birkin so I guess the vaccine from the hospital was a very powerful one that could cure most strains at the time. I find it interesting that there were essentially 2 different vaccines produced before Raccoon City was destroyed but the Daylight one was never really brought up again.

You think these vaccines played a part in the creation in the WilPharma vaccine that worked against Perfected T?

On a side note; There is also the case with T-Alfred that leaked in Rockfort Island. This strain seems interesting because it was used to produce Albanoids, which could conduct electricity. So I am wondering how this strain is connected to the one used for T+G virus that was made in Paris. Did Alfred supply this strain to other Umbrella branches before being attacked by HCF?

This also makes me realize that Alfred borrowed the research from his sister to put his own spin on the T-Virus. So the method in which both T-Alfred and T-Veronica were made somehow gave them electrical attributes, since it was also seen again much later in Piers’ mutation.
She was infected with t-Birkin - the virus inside of the Nemesis T-Type was just the normal t-Virus. The parasite released secretions that just enhanced the metabolic effects that the virus gave, making regeneration better. But it's not a different virus really.

The vaccine she took was specifically made to target t-Birkin. t-Birkin is what was primarily causing the outbreak in Raccoon, and the doctors made the vaccine to combat it. Or, in RE3R lore, Dr. Bard was making the vaccine to combat Umbrella's main t-Virus, which would have been t-Birkin at the time.

Daylight was brought up again in Marhawa Desire like Mert said, which means it was in use as late as like 2011(?). But I think that Daylight doesn't really immunize people, it only helps slow the virus in people who are already infected. So it's less useful, but also a bit more universal. It largely has to do with bee venom, which is kinda general purpose.

There was even a third vaccine produced in Raccoon at the same time - the one made by Linda in Outbreak File #2, which the T-0400TP destroys.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
as like 2011(?)
I think you mean 2012?

There was even a third vaccine produced in Raccoon at the same time - the one made by Linda in Outbreak File #2, which the T-0400TP destroys.
Didnt the survivors get linda out from the city? I dont think the bad ending can be canon since from what ı remember; it apparently shows t-virus causing a worldwide outbreak or destroying the world? That doesnt seem plausible. With linda escaping; she would have created extra acccording to her comments. I think that could also be seen as a confirmation that outbreak cast escaped from the city due to the epilogues being more plausible than the bad ending.

I honestly like almost all of the pathogens, and it is hard for me to rank them because they all have a different aesthetic and are great for different reasons.

But my favorite is probably either Progenitor, since it is the source of everything and therefore picking it is like cheating, lol; or the G-Virus.

Curious but which one(s) you dont like? I remember you saying that dead aim is your least favourite entry in the series so ı take it that you dont like t+g virus that much then? Are there more examples?
t+G is ok to me, I'm just not a big fan of Morpheus himself. But t+G still makes HUNK retrieving the G-Virus relevant, so i'm glad we have it.

I guess I'm just not a big fan of the viruses that don't really stand out very well, and don't get properly explained. Like some of the more obscure ones like the ones in the stage plays. But I don't hate them or anything, they just are relatively unimaginative.

t-Veronica as it is depicted in the original CV I actually have some beef with, because it doesn't follow a hard aesthetic and seems to do wildy different things depending on what the plot demands, without any kind of internal reasoning besides "random mutation". And some of the monster desisgns in general I just don't like, including the whole "transform back into a human" thing. But TDC actually makes me like t-Veronica more, with the visual changes made to the monsters it creates and some of the expanded virus lore it gives.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
t+G is ok to me, I'm just not a big fan of Morpheus himself. But t+G still makes HUNK retrieving the G-Virus relevant, so i'm glad we have it.

I guess I'm just not a big fan of the viruses that don't really stand out very well, and don't get properly explained. Like some of the more obscure ones like the ones in the stage plays. But I don't hate them or anything, they just are relatively unimaginative.

t-Veronica as it is depicted in the original CV I actually have some beef with, because it doesn't follow a hard aesthetic and seems to do wildy different things depending on what the plot demands, without any kind of internal reasoning besides "random mutation". And some of the monster desisgns in general I just don't like, including the whole "transform back into a human" thing. But TDC actually makes me like t-Veronica more, with the visual changes made to the monsters it creates and some of the expanded virus lore it gives.
I see. I like the transforming back into a human form aspect of t-veronica though. But only for simmons' mutations cause he really deserved it. I really enjoy fighting his mutant forms, they are very emotional storywise, especially when ada is around.

As for steve; ı wished he didnt die. I would have preferred nosferatu to be handled more properly instead.

Morpheus ı used to not like but grew some appreciation for after a while. I figured out how his body surgeries works and ı like his motivations. However ı think his final form looks stupid, at least birkin and simmons' final forms looked intimidating but morpheus' final form doesnt impress me that much.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Speaking of recv and t-veronica in general; ıdk if you know this but the game seems to have quite a good amount of cut content that didnt make it into the game. I think darkside chronicles utilizes this, especially in regards to handling characters, but still not all of them.

Like one example ı remember after a discussion with someone is apparently chris' boat was destroyed by wesker's men according to an interview ı was told but it's never shown in the game.

I wonder if there was more planned in regards to t-veronica like that example too. I could be wrong about this though; ı might need to be corrected.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
On a side note; There is also the case with T-Alfred that leaked in Rockfort Island. This strain seems interesting because it was used to produce Albanoids, which could conduct electricity. So I am wondering how this strain is connected to the one used for T+G virus that was made in Paris. Did Alfred supply this strain to other Umbrella branches before being attacked by HCF?

This also makes me realize that Alfred borrowed the research from his sister to put his own spin on the T-Virus. So the method in which both T-Alfred and T-Veronica were made somehow gave them electrical attributes, since it was also seen again much later in Piers’ mutation.
Sorry for the late reply but after thinking about it; another possibility is a chance based special effect coming out when 2 viruses are mixed. With morpheus; this happened when t and g viruses were mixed while with piers; enhanced variant increased the chance of electricity coming into effect due to strengthening both g and t-veronica viruses.

This can also explain farfarello and iluzija's invisibility effects and this most likely happened due to t-abyss and c being a mix of 2 viruses.

( Also a small note but ı just noticed that iluzija is described as " illuzija " on c-virus article. Idk if that's a spelling oversight or the correct spelling. )

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
After thinking about this; ı would have preferred if plaga and progenitor were mixed to create a special dangerous agent. I dont understand why jill's antibodies couldnt be mixed with plaga as well. It could cause interesting results. I still cant like uroboros due to this. I dont think the weakened progenitor strain which became uroboros would so called " redeem " humanity well by evolving the ones with superior genetics. Wesker was dooming himself to become the next ultimate failure.

I still think the story of re5 could have happened without forcing jill to become wesker's slave. I cant stand to that at all despite patricia ja lee's excellent portrayal of her. What's the point of making jill playable during previous entries if she wont become playable during her ( which feels like last ) entry at all? And ı dont count those dlcs cause they are forced later to gold edition. I wished she got her own proper scenario in the game. Or rather the game at least did a partner swapping mechanic like rerev games and re6 do.

Top Bottom