• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Virus Rank The Viruses / Other Infectious Material

Do some virus’ in the series simply have no v-act? I know earlier games didn’t explore this concept quite yet until REmake came around but the various strains like T-Veronica should of had their own version with the zombies in the game. Kind of like when Nosferatu grew insect appendages out of his back, C-Virus had the cocoon stuff, but others simply have nothing of the sort.

It was a huge missed opportunity to skip out on G-Zombies and T-Birkin zombies transforming into hybrid Lickers like seen in Outbreak.

V-ACT is an inherent part of Progenitor, so everything has the potential for it. But it is a lot less common in some strains, while it is made more prominent in others. It is in C because V-ACT is a really important part of the G-Virus, for example.

Even the t-Virus didn't show it much at first, until the Crimson Head strain popped up.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Most prominent source of this is the original script for CV, but it is referenced elsewhere too I think.

The 10% thing was only a factor in older strains of the t-Virus. But even so, the C-Virus is implied to just not spread from host-to-host. It's a good safety measure for bioterrorists - if you don't want to get infected, just plan out how and where you release the gas, and don't worry about the virus spreading beyond that point. It would also be useful for the Family, who don't want to create an uncontrollable outbreak that threatens order. They can use it to kill off a population of people, without risking a larger epidemic.

By the time you meet with other survivors in Tall Oaks, the gas has dispersed. So they would have just needed to hide indoors in sealed rooms to avoid it. Or hide underground.
I see, thanks.

If you would remember the other reference as a source, ı hope you will drop it here. I would like to see it.

how cant c zombies still infect others with bites
Likely a similar situation with rabies, just reversed. The saliva itself can't infect you, but if it gets into an open wound it can. It likely isn't capable of transmission through an open wound, however if a droplet of it's saliva were to be inhaled, a small viral load would likely be possible. Then you have the J'avo, who are created by injection. I think the biggest factor is that they inject a syringe full of virus into themselves. I think viral load plays a huge part in this, as a large amount of viral load must be present in a body to cause an infection. The gas is likely relatively low in viral load, and as such it is harder for it to infect people, and the body can fight it off if given time away from the gas, while the injection, having such a high viral load, creates a quick infection for thise not immune. However, I'm using real world examples so take my theories on fictional viruses with a grain of salt.

Kinda like jake and sherry's bodies bursting rasklapanje if they got devoured from it during gameplay despite them being immune to virus.
I don't think that rasklapanje infects its victims, I believe that he instead inserts an egg or something into its victim through it's mouth, creating a new rasklapanje, which can explain why Jake and Sherry can get killed in this manner.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Likely a similar situation with rabies, just reversed. The saliva itself can't infect you, but if it gets into an open wound it can. It likely isn't capable of transmission through an open wound, however if a droplet of it's saliva were to be inhaled, a small viral load would likely be possible. Then you have the J'avo, who are created by injection. I think the biggest factor is that they inject a syringe full of virus into themselves. I think viral load plays a huge part in this, as a large amount of viral load must be present in a body to cause an infection. The gas is likely relatively low in viral load, and as such it is harder for it to infect people, and the body can fight it off if given time away from the gas, while the injection, having such a high viral load, creates a quick infection for thise not immune. However, I'm using real world examples so take my theories on fictional viruses with a grain of salt.

I don't think that rasklapanje infects its victims, I believe that he instead inserts an egg or something into its victim through it's mouth, creating a new rasklapanje, which can explain why Jake and Sherry can get killed in this manner.
I believe injection can also create zombies if it's injected into corpses. It will revive them due to g-virus part.

As for rasklapanje; ı dont see how it cant cause infection through reproducing. G-birkin could create g creatures after infecting irons or ben through implanting an embryo in them so rasklapanje probably does the same.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Rasklapanje doesn't infect bodies, it just implants its embryos into them. That's why the bodies we see them birthed from don't also mutate. It is indeed probably a holdover from the G-Virus.
I forgot about the other bodies, ı believe you're referring to the ones during leon chapter 4 as well as more in carla's aircraft carrier right? That's a good point. As for reproduction not causing infection; ı guess it's due to g-virus being weakened in c-virus?

Though now this makes me wonder about g-birkin. In re engine 2; he seems to have attacked other people in the sewers whose bodies can burst out g embryos. Could those victims be considered as infected or not? You also fight some zombies there and ıdk if they were previously implanted with g embryos either.

Last edited:
I forgot about the other bodies, ı believe you're referring to the ones during leon chapter 4 as well as more in carla's aircraft carrier right? That's a good point. As for reproduction not causing infection; ı guess it's due to g-virus being weakened in c-virus?

Though now this makes me wonder about g-birkin. In re engine 2; he seems to have attacked other people in the sewers whose bodies can burst out g embryos. Could those victims be considered as infected or not? You also fight some zombies there and ıdk if they were previously implanted with g embryos either.
I think that the C-Virus just doesn't spread from body fluids or skin contact as a safety precaution. Since the Family didn't want to start an epidemic, they wanted to maintain order and needed a controllable virus to do so. Even Lepotica was "programmed" to self destruct after a while, so it wouldn't keep infecting people. But Carlas circumvented this with HAOS, which is able to spread the virus to everyone on its own.

The bodies infested with G-embryos in RE2R look like t-Zombies, which means that G-Birkin likely just implanted everything that moved with his offspring

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think that the C-Virus just doesn't spread from body fluids or skin contact as a safety precaution. Since the Family didn't want to start an epidemic, they wanted to maintain order and needed a controllable virus to do so. Even Lepotica was "programmed" to self destruct after a while, so it wouldn't keep infecting people. But Carlas circumvented this with HAOS, which is able to spread the virus to everyone on its own.

The bodies infested with G-embryos in RE2R look like t-Zombies, which means that G-Birkin likely just implanted everything that moved with his offspring
That makes sense, thanks.

But anyway ı didnt say this in this thread right now but about c gas; ı believe it's g part that creates zombies. From my understanding; the toxic nature of t-veronica damages the host 1st and after their death; g-virus part would revive them. I dont see how t-veronica could play a part at infection since the gas that nosferatu could release doesnt seem to cause any infection either. Considering t-veronica part of c-virus is more weakened compared to the one nosferatu contains; it's even less likely that t-veronica part could cause infection at gas form of c-virus.

This also makes me wonder if enhanced variant of c gas could exist somehow and what would be the results for it.

I think the gas burns the lungs of anyone who inhales it, as per the heat qualities of t-Veronica. Which leads to death. Then the virus reanimates the body as a Zombie, because dead bodies can't become J'avo.

To be fair, we have no idea what t-Veronica does to corpses. So it could very well make Zombies too. But otherwise, yeah the G-Virus specifically can infect and resurrect corpses

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think the gas burns the lungs of anyone who inhales it, as per the heat qualities of t-Veronica. Which leads to death. Then the virus reanimates the body as a Zombie, because dead bodies can't become J'avo.

To be fair, we have no idea what t-Veronica does to corpses. So it could very well make Zombies too. But otherwise, yeah the G-Virus specifically can infect and resurrect corpses
Yeah that makes sense, ı agree with that. But still ı dont think t-veronica can create zombies since nosferatu's gas cant cause any infection at all. Idk what's the reason for that since t-veronica still has t-virus inside apparently even though like your article says; it's dubious.

Yeah that makes sense, ı agree with that. But still ı dont think t-veronica can create zombies since nosferatu's gas cant cause any infection at all. Idk what's the reason for that since t-veronica still has t-virus inside apparently even though like your article says; it's dubious.
T is code for any weakened strain of Progenitor anyway. So it may not even have the same t-Virus that we usually see.

Nosferatu's gas could have had the virus in it. But it was fundamentally different from Lepotisa's anyway, since Nosferatu gas was insect poison that became a cloud when exposed to oxygen. While the Lepotisa gas I think is just related to heat, which is why there are ashes in it (and why I think it just scorches the lungs).

Plus t-Veronica is really virulent. In some conditions it is more contagious than the t-Virus and G-Virus. Alexia designed it that way so that she could infect everyone, and that's why it was studied in Antarctica - because it was too dangerous to test it in any other environment.

There is concept art for t-Veronica Zombies for CV. But it is unknown if they were Zombies created by t-Veronica or existing t-Zombies that were then infected with t-Veronica, like the Zombies Birkin spits out in Darkside.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
T is code for any weakened strain of Progenitor anyway. So it may not even have the same t-Virus that we usually see.

Nosferatu's gas could have had the virus in it. But it was fundamentally different from Lepotisa's anyway, since Nosferatu gas was insect poison that became a cloud when exposed to oxygen. While the Lepotisa gas I think is just related to heat, which is why there are ashes in it (and why I think it just scorches the lungs).

Plus t-Veronica is really virulent. In some conditions it is more contagious than the t-Virus and G-Virus. Alexia designed it that way so that she could infect everyone, and that's why it was studied in Antarctica - because it was too dangerous to test it in any other environment.

There is concept art for t-Veronica Zombies for CV. But it is unknown if they were Zombies created by t-Veronica or existing t-Zombies that were then infected with t-Veronica, like the Zombies Birkin spits out in Darkside.
I see. I didnt know about t-veronica zombies that were considered for recv; can you share those concept arts about those monsters if it's possible? I would like to see them.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I got another question. For enhanced c-virus development; could g inside sherry's body have been used as an antibody for its development? T-virus was used as an antibody for t+g virus' development for adding electrical attributes so ı'm wondering if the same can be said for g too.

Carla still captured sherry and experimented on her according to her comments in the game even though enhanced c-virus file says that only jake's blood was mixed with normal c-virus. I think this can explain piers' mutation which reminds me a lot of morpheus' mutation. For others; ı think carla mixed animal genes ( except fly cause it would be unnecessary due to t-veronica being insect based. ) as well as bacterium for other 2 strains. This can be seen during simmons' and carla's mutated forms respectively. However ı'm still wondering if g-virus was used as an antibody for other enhanced strains too.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I want to add more questions. This is about t-phobos. Could t-virus vaccine, presumably the one developed in 2005, be effective against t-phobos? I'm wondering this cause of claire. She was infected with t-phobos but unlike moira or natalia; her bracelet was never seen as a red as an indication of her conquring the fear inside her body. Could the vaccine be effective against her infection like the vaccine jill received in re3 if it was given to claire?

Also which t-virus variant was used during the development of t-phobos? Was it perfected t variant?

I want to add more questions. This is about t-phobos. Could t-virus vaccine, presumably the one developed in 2005, be effective against t-phobos? I'm wondering this cause of claire. She was infected with t-phobos but unlike moira or natalia; her bracelet was never seen as a red as an indication of her conquring the fear inside her body. Could the vaccine be effective against her infection like the vaccine jill received in re3 if it was given to claire?

Also which t-virus variant was used during the development of t-phobos? Was it perfected t variant?
Any vaccine made for standard t-Virus strains would probably have no effect on t-Phobos. Once a strain changes form the vaccine is often circumvented. That's why the t-Vaccine didn't actually stop t-Virus outbreaks - the virus changes over time, and new strains keep getting made. That's why the US government still need Jake - the virus can mutate and invalidate Anti-C.

The bracelet measures if you have experienced extreme fear, not the state of the virus. Claire never experienced enough fear for the braclete to change color, because her past experiences with bioterror have numbed her and changed the way she responds to stress.

Jill's vaccine only worked on the t-Birkin strain of the virus. She developed antibodies over time on her own because she coexisted with the weakened remnaints of t-Virus over a long period of time. It essentially trained her immune system to fight the virus effectively. And these antibodies were enough to weaken Uroboros enough to make it somewhat less lethal.

I thought she was infected with the NE-a variant not T-Birkin so I guess the vaccine from the hospital was a very powerful one that could cure most strains at the time. I find it interesting that there were essentially 2 different vaccines produced before Raccoon City was destroyed but the Daylight one was never really brought up again.

You think these vaccines played a part in the creation in the WilPharma vaccine that worked against Perfected T?

On a side note; There is also the case with T-Alfred that leaked in Rockfort Island. This strain seems interesting because it was used to produce Albanoids, which could conduct electricity. So I am wondering how this strain is connected to the one used for T+G virus that was made in Paris. Did Alfred supply this strain to other Umbrella branches before being attacked by HCF?

This also makes me realize that Alfred borrowed the research from his sister to put his own spin on the T-Virus. So the method in which both T-Alfred and T-Veronica were made somehow gave them electrical attributes, since it was also seen again much later in Piers’ mutation.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I find it interesting that there were essentially 2 different vaccines produced before Raccoon City was destroyed but the Daylight one was never really brought up again.
Dont you mean 3? The one in re engine 3 seems to be a different variant as well. I didnt realize this until ı checked evil resident's analysis where it says that kt-w-0002 was developed by umbrella while the one in og re3 seems to be developed by the doctors in a rushed way in order to find a cure to infected people in raccoon. It's possible that ı could have forgot about it too cause ı dont remember re engine 3 well.

As for daylight; it's mentioned in marhawa desire by doug wright, meaning that the survivors in decisions, decisions scenario managed to escape from raccoon with it.

Top Bottom