• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Resistance No Mercenaries mode Project Resistance is its replacement....

I’m pretty pissed this means that project resistance which no one asked for took away from things that could have been put in RE3. I’m still pumped for RE3 but I feel like it will be short on content because of Resistance being made at the same time. Hopefully I’m wrong but no mercenaries mode is very disappointing when at least RE2 made sure to put in hunk and tofu.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yeah; ı dislike this decision too. I was so looking forward to mercenaries, especially after spending so much time in re6 and its mercenaries mode.

Unfortunate.

If the idea is to include an online mode to RE, it would be very suggestive to take Mercenaries mode and turn it into an asymmetric multiplayer. I think playing four mercenaries (each expert in guerrilla tactics) would be much more enjoyable and satisfying than playing with generic and superpowered teens. In this mode, we would need to conduct round-trip missions through the city of Raccoon City, with an individual Overlord-controlled figure, such as Nemesis, Mr. X, or another similar monster.

My hype is moderate. I'm very skeptical about the quality of the game's plot.

Last edited:
It's pretty damn disappointing. I'm still hyped for the game don't get me wrong but they're gutting things that made the original so great. The remake of 2 was a great game but it still lacked a lot of what the original 2 had to offer. Seems like that'll be the same case again here.

If it’s as good as RE2 I guess all will be forgiven as that’s my new favorite game in the series but I will be sad if I can’t eat unlimited am I with all the weapons.

Mercenaries like the original won't be in.
But I'm confident they will add some campaigns later to control other UBCS members, maybe similar to Ghost Story in Remake 2.

I'd have gladly left all of those as dust in favor of a true fleshed out Ada side story such as Separate Ways in RE:2.

Yes especially her before she arrived at the station doing whatever she had to do to get there use civilians, lie or perhaps kill to get there to complete her mission.

But RE3 has large portions that are all about... the mercenaries. Hm. I wonder sometimes if they understand their own games. Which I guess could be true when the old game directors are long gone.

Mr. Rod

Staff
Rodimus Prime
I heard the writer of PlayStation magazine made up the information and it not credible according to where's barry.
The Mercenaries and Resistance stuff was not backed up by any quote and there even were some factual errors like Murphy’s death in the original, etc. So we still don’t have any official info on this mode. Pete Fabiano, in response, advices to just focus on his comments.

Also the “no” from him was about the multiple endings, not about the live selection/choices system.

Hopefully RE3 is a very long campaign where we can explore new parts of the city and has a RE4 sized campaign that would help make up for lack of mercenaries because I honestly don’t care about resistance.

Top Bottom