• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Movies Netflix Series in the works

Deadline and IGN have released news that Netflix is starting their own Resident Evil series. Constantin Flims, the studio behind the Anderson films is the one behind it. So most likely it will be live-action.

From what's been said so far, it will be a lead in to the eventual reboot and "deepen the mythology and expand the Resident Evil universe" by being a drama series about the under-dealings of Umbrella and the fallout of the T-Virus outbreaks. There will also be "easter eggs" and action sequences in an attempt to incorporate all of RE's signature elements.

The series is still in early progress and the studio is still looking for a showrunner at this time.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/resident-evil-tv-series-in-works-netflix-1202541277/

Bandage131

Finger Lickerin' Good
I'm intrigued. If anything, I'd hope they brought back the guy who made that "Dave" piece of a pilot and let him keep going. That had a lot of potential.

Yama

Owner
I'd do absolutely anything to have gotten Arklay.

I've always said I thought Rebirth was the best game in the series, but did not capture the artistic style nor visual charm that '96 had. It had it's own stunning atmosphere that could be called the best for sure, but it was just different. Funnily enough, I never felt that same eerie style in the series until I saw the Arklay pilot. It nailed it.

Netflix can be solid.

A show that maybe follows several characters as events unfold. RE has some inherently cheesy stuff, but I would appreciate a serious take on things. Campy can be fun too if done right.

It doesn't sound like it will connect to the game universe or have direct CAPCOM involvement, so I can't bring myself to be too hopeful. Especially since Constantin Film is behind it.

Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known As Mr. $miley
I look forward to John Cho as Chris Redfield and Henry Cavill as Leon Kennedy.

I really don't like this whole "after the T-Virus outbreak" plot. Arklay sounded fantastic and exactly like everything I wanted from an RE show. I want a slow, suspense based and mystery driven show that slowly ramps up throughout the episodes as the outbreak begins to spread through the forest and (eventually) raccoon city. It doesn't need to focus on the game characters, they can show up from time to time while still having the series focused on an original character caught in the outbreak. The show can happen parallel to to the games. This way you can tie things into the show that we've never seen before. Stuff like the surviving members of S.T.A.R.S. returning from the mansion incident to warn the RPD about the incoming impending doom only to have chief irons silence the situation while the main character of the show witnesses it all go down and begins to doubt the chiefs intentions. The possibilities could be endless.

I won't write this off yet, Netflix can do a good job with some properties (Castlevania comes to mind) but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm... mildly curious about this Netflix show. The movies get a lot of negative reviews, but I still like them as your average zombie film, with SFX.

Yeah, Netflix does lots of own series and other shows, but they only sometimes hit the mark. I read all the time how some Flix show gets cancelled after 1-2 seasons. It kinda feels like mass production with some obviously having bigger budget than others. Its like they have so much money that they can do countless of shows and waiting what gets good reviews and what people like and go for that.

Resident Evil Netflix Series Reportedly Focuses On Albert Wesker’s Daughters

This is going to be absolutely garbage. Why is it so hard to adapt the story from the games? The Arklay pitch sounded perfect but instead we're getting this trash? Can't wait to see how much woke they can inject into his "daughters".?

This is going to be absolutely garbage. Why is it so hard to adapt the story from the games? The Arklay pitch sounded perfect but instead we're getting this trash? Can't wait to see how much woke they can inject into his "daughters".?

Plot twist; the daughter is...... REBECCA CHAMBERSs IDENTICAL TWIN SISTER!

Plot twist; the daughter is...... REBECCA CHAMBERSs IDENTICAL TWIN SISTER!
It's gonna be so bad dude. Like thinking about it now, if the two girls know Albert Wesker is their father, that seems to imply he's a family man raising them inbetween his shananigans with Umbrella. Yeah, sure. Totally sounds like Wesker!

Add Nic Cage as daddy Al just for kicks :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, if we take that information seriously, maybe they are going into a Maze Runner vibe with this? But you know what? Maybe it ends up being a bit more consistent than the movies, I'll give it a chance, watch a few episodes before saying it too far out, since it's Constantine Films I wouldn't really expect this show to get ties to the games universe but maybe this gives the show enough leeway to throw viewers into unknown territory. But yes it always Umbrella that gets to be front and center to the story, kind of expected you know.

It's gonna be so bad dude. Like thinking about it now, if the two girls know Albert Wesker is their father, that seems to imply he's a family man raising them inbetween his shananigans with Umbrella. Yeah, sure. Totally sounds like Wesker!

Exactly, I cant see Albert being a dad. Of course he might have a kid or two somewhere from his past sailings.

Yama

Owner
Netflix description leaked, doesn't sound like what we've heard prior.

"The town of Clearfield, MD has long stood in the shadow of three seemingly unrelated behemoths - the Umbrella Corporation, the decommissioned Greenwood Asylum, and Washington, D.C. Today, 26 years after the discovery of the T-Virus, secrets held by the three will start to be revealed at the first signs of outbreak."

Last edited:
Top Bottom