• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Revelations Meeting Michiteru Okabe, Producer of Revelations 2

cvxfreak

Staff
At GDC 2018 in San Francisco, I met Capcom R&D1 studio member and Producer of Resident Evil Revelations 2, Michiteru Okabe. We spent some time chatting about Biohazard (in Japanese) over drinks, and it was interesting to gain some insight as to what his thoughts on the series are. The meeting took place on March 22, 2018, which was incidentally the 22nd anniversary of the series. What’s even more hilarious is that I happened to ask him to sign a copy of Revelations 2 on PS4 for me at 22:22 (10:22PM)! Sometimes the stars align and interesting coincidences occur.

While I can’t recap everything we talked about in detail, some of the cool things we discussed were:

- Barry, Claire and Moira’s roles in Revelations 2

- Characters we’d love to see in possible future games; I told him Jill is overdue for a game!

- My thoughts on what made Revelations 2 a unique experience in the series; for me, the cast and setting defined the experience nicely

- Our thoughts on the recent Switch port; I told him how great it was to have the full game on the go at last

It was definitely one of the more unique conversations I’ve had with the Biohazard team over the years. Not only is he very friendly and easy to speak to, he is also proficient in English. If you ever see him, don’t hesitate to say hello to Okabe-san!

I had a brief chance to talk to Okabe-san at the Rev 2UK press event for the game's upcoming release, but of course being it wasn't yet out he was limited to what he could say about the project beyond what had been shown and was shown at the event, He did give me a hint that a new major title was being worked on, but told me to keep an eye out for what was Kitchen for a clue, Which was very nice of him.

More material for your writings no doubt Alex.

Top Bottom