• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:4 Knife Parry and Durability Discussion

Well that was a surprise!! I saw the icon pop up and thought it was a well timed parry but it seems like it can be used any time, at the cost of durability however..... I like it. There's the original and then there's the RE:'s, changes like this I'm not sure yet if for the better but it does seem like a fun mechanic. Thoughts everyone?

1.JPG2.JPG

Nice, I did notice what I thought was a durability bar at different lengths during the showcase but I missed that you can upgrade durability. Very cool, I enjoy a good upgrade and I am looking forward to testing it all out. This is going to be such a long wait!

That has to be some blessed, holy steel for it to withstand a chainsaw attack.

I also wanted to say that the cutscene with the first villager attacking Leon, is supposedly still in the game. Hence why the dude looked messed up as he lunged at Leon in the basement. The other thing is the dead dog. It's also supposed to still be in the game, so PETA are going to appreciate that.

Capcom certainly loves their dark spots. Some people have said having a flashlight is a bit pointless when you don't really examine things. But I disagree. It wouldn't make any sense if Leon didn't have one on him. It's a very standard piece of equipment for any person to carry around with.

Yama

Owner
The first thing I saw was the parry prompt and loved that, given it takes a large chunk of durability to offset it. The idea of durability can go either way, though. Parry could take away the most, perhaps downed enemies little to none but normal slashes I'd like to think won't take much at all if any. That would make for some horrific knife runs, despite knowing we'll have infinite ammo/durability as unlocks I'm sure, but naturally without any unlocks would be a pain. Outside of this niche style of play however, I like everything about it. It's not 1:1 and I'm fine with these liberties.

Yeah it'll need to be balanced properly! I do like it though.
Nice, I did notice what I thought was a durability bar at different lengths during the showcase but I missed that you can upgrade durability. Very cool, I enjoy a good upgrade and I am looking forward to testing it all out. This is going to be such a long wait!
It's sooner than it seems, but I know how you feel haha

Top Bottom