• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:2 Even Capcom refers to RE2R as a reimagining and not a remake.

I saw this post on RE Facebook page.

Where are the fans who get mad about it being called a reimagining now?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220126-141931_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220126-141931_Facebook.jpg
    720.3 KB · Views: 7

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yeah ı know. I dont like the way re engine recreations are called by many fans either. They are reimaginings and not remakes which are different from the one released in 2002. Capcom calls them that way but people forget about it.

That being said, re2 2019 still feels like it's trying to be both remake and reimagining at the same time and ı found the game really messy due to that. While it has some faithful aspects, at the same time, many of og game are changed, especially in terms of characters and story.

If they didnt want to faithfully remake the game and just make the " alternative " take on it more obvious, then they should have fully gone on that route in a more similar fashion to re3 2020. That game is more easier to take as an alternative take for re3 imo while re2 2019 still feels confusing.

Regardless though ı'm still not a big fan of the whole " remake " concept. I'm more fan of sequels that progress the storyline. Not to mention ı dont like remake that much these days either, ı've grown big issues for it after thinking about the game more to the point ı started to warm up for re1 a bit. Though ı like remake retelling of umbrella chronicles as well as darkside chronicles' retellings on re2 and recv. The last 2 ones especially ı find very enjoyable to go through, in some aspects even more than re2 and recv themselves.

From what I understand, a reimagining is when they changed the original to a large extent, while a remake is kept mostly the same, with a few changes here and there. I believe this makes the games (including re3 2020 in here) reimaginings, not remakes. However, it is easier to call the games 2make and 3make, so I will just refer to them this way as a misnomer. Didnt like the two of them because of the plot changes, but the gameplay was pretty good for 2make, and way too short for 3make.

Yeah ı know. I dont like the way re engine recreations are called by many fans either. They are reimaginings and not remakes which are different from the one released in 2002. Capcom calls them that way but people forget about it.

That being said, re2 2019 still feels like it's trying to be both remake and reimagining at the same time and ı found the game really messy due to that. While it has some faithful aspects, at the same time, many of og game are changed, especially in terms of characters and story.

If they didnt want to faithfully remake the game and just make the " alternative " take on it more obvious, then they should have fully gone on that route in a more similar fashion to re3 2020. That game is more easier to take as an alternative take for re3 imo while re2 2019 still feels confusing.

Regardless though ı'm still not a big fan of the whole " remake " concept. I'm more fan of sequels that progress the storyline. Not to mention ı dont like remake that much these days either, ı've grown big issues for it after thinking about the game more to the point ı started to warm up for re1 a bit. Though ı like remake retelling of umbrella chronicles as well as darkside chronicles' retellings on re2 and recv. The last 2 ones especially ı find very enjoyable to go through, in some aspects even more than re2 and recv themselves.
Yes, RE2R's narrative was half assed. At least RE3R had a consistent narrative.

I’m about clocked out on the storytelling of RE since the RE Engine games took the reigns. It’s like Capcom cannot for the life of them make a good zapping system anymore. A good example is in Last of Us 2 when you play as Ellie and knock over a bottle on a table later in the game; that same bottle will be broken when you run through as Abby hours later. The attention to detail in the RE environments has been stellar but there seems to be a disconnect between the story writers and the people who design the games.

It’s like a nice looking cake but once your knife cuts through the middle it’s uncooked and raw. They need to stop rushing RE games out so fast and take more time to make sure everything feels coherent.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I’m about clocked out on the storytelling of RE since the RE Engine games took the reigns. It’s like Capcom cannot for the life of them make a good zapping system anymore. A good example is in Last of Us 2 when you play as Ellie and knock over a bottle on a table later in the game; that same bottle will be broken when you run through as Abby hours later. The attention to detail in the RE environments has been stellar but there seems to be a disconnect between the story writers and the people who design the games.

It’s like a nice looking cake but once your knife cuts through the middle it’s uncooked and raw. They need to stop rushing RE games out so fast and take more time to make sure everything feels coherent.
I dont think it needs zapping. If the scenarios connected to each other along with variety, it would have been fine. Re6 improved from re2 in this aspect and yet re2 2019 cant do it in the same way. Somehow ı'm supposed to believe re2 2019 is a masterpiece and re6 is trash? No thanks.

I guess that's what the devs meant when they said they took re6 criticisms into account. They basically degraded from re6 in many, many ways. The game doesnt even connect to re6 storywise and that really pisses me off.

I gave up talking about the series. I think Capcom wrecked the franchise. But in general, it's the lack of active users today.

These days, I feel fed up. In fact, I rarely even donate to Michael Does Life, for his all too samey Great Outdoors gigs anymore. 🐻

I think my age and depression just made me lose interest in video games. Plus, YouTube ended up a money making site anyway, where it wasn't like this originally.

Shills go there. Most of the members on YouTube are paid to upload videos, and not to be all that honest. Some don't even speak the truth. But simple vlog type videos are not appealing to most folk, it seems. They prefer the 1080p fancy content.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
When it comes to scenarios in re2, ı feel like 2 scenario is enough. One claire scenario and one leon scenario would have been suffice. If they wanted to actually cut the whole " a and b " concept, then they should have done it. However it still had to be included with some type of " 1st / 2nd run " types that makes the game more tedious. In the end, the scenarios dont connect to each other and the game is recreated in a way that doesnt make it satisfying to go through anymore due to the unnecessarily changed story. I dont want to touch it again and it's a shame since the game was gifted to me and according to steam; ı have 241 hours on it. So ı still got plenty of value from it but ıdk if ı can touch it again.

And ı might as well mention that ı dont like the " a-b scenario " concept of re2 either. I've feel burned out from the game in that aspect. I cant really stand to leon a and claire b scenario pair, ı dont want to go through it again. However ı really love claire a and leon b. So ı can go through that if ı want.

With darkside chronicles, it felt like they combined those 4 scenarios in a much more satisfying way. Some aspects are rushed but ı dont mind it since it's a low budget spinoff. Re2 2019 could have been much better from it as well as re2 but it had to hold itself with unnecessary limitations.

I can also add more ideas:

Sherry getting her own scenario ( It would be expanding her phone files with annette from darkside chronicles, basically those sections would be playable. )

Ada getting her own scenario ( It would be more like death's door recreation. Expanding more and better how ada got out raccoon. )

( Sherry and ada would still be playable in claire and leon's scenarios. It's just that they would still get their own scenarios. )

Claire-sherry coop mode ( Would work similar to rerev2, especially when it comes to sherry behaving more like natalia. )

Leon-ada coop mode ( Would work more similar to re6. )

All 4 main characters coop mode, it would work more similar to outbreak games.

Online support

Feel free to add anything or agree / disagree if you want.

The last thing I wanted to say, is that I don't play the modern remakes anymore. If I wanted to do a full run of the series, I would only play the mainline games, maybe a few of the half decent spin offs, or I could include both of the Revelations games. But I see absolutely no point in playing games that will just bring ya some displeasure, huh?

The game is an utter waste. I wish instead we had gotten a game entirely from Ada and Wesker's perspectives from the time he joined Umbrella's rival to the time she infiltrated Umbrella and escaped Raccoon, a sort of Death's Door expansion like mert said.

Now, Capcom could do that, but they are too busy looking at what games come out, that they can copy from. The remakes were just so disappointing, and the most frequent of the long running list of things that let people down. But I know everyone is like, "But RE2 is..." over and over again, as if 2 and 3 are not as bad for missing out things.

Reactions: MGr
Top Bottom