• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Other Dino Crisis locked behind PS+ Premium

Dino Crisis Art.jpg

Dino Crisis is now up on PSN for PS4/PS5 but unfortunately like RE1 Directors Cut, is locked behind PS+ Premium with no way of purchasing it otherwise. Even if you own a copy on PS3, Sony is not honoring your prior purchase and letting you download it for free like they do with other classics. Trophies have also not been added either which I was looking forward to the most. Not sure what the hell Capcom is thinking or what they even gain from doing this? I believe they're the only company who are locking their classics behind a paywall like this on PSN. Perhaps they plan to release a classic collection of their own at some point? If thats the case, they sure are taking their sweet time.

I think the most unfortunate thing about all this is I bet like the Onimusha remaster they did years back, Capcom is probably going to track how much this is downloaded and played to gauge interest in a new Dino Crisis. I still don't understand for the life of me why they didn't decide to revisit the series while the Jurassic World movies were raking in cash. It boggles my mind.

Yama

Owner
I really wish these games would get proper remasters more akin to Chrono Cross or FF8 and a standard release on PSN, Steam, etc. Paying for emulation simply isn't exciting, especially beyond more walls like PS+.

DC3 was an abomination. That's why the series ended. 2 wasn't even really survival horror. It was more like an arcade game, where dinosaurs respawned in every area. But I think Capcom would be mad not to remake the original. It's something fans have offered enough hints about.

Yama

Owner
DC3 was an abomination. That's why the series ended. 2 wasn't even really survival horror. It was more like an arcade game, where dinosaurs respawned in every area. But I think Capcom would be mad not to remake the original. It's something fans have offered enough hints about.
Yeah I mean enough time has passed a good chunk of potential buyers would never have played or heard of it honestly. It's not some long drawn out series either, you could simply reboot it and do what you'd like with it, or have a proper one off.

Yeah I mean enough time has passed a good chunk of potential buyers would never have played or heard of it honestly. It's not some long drawn out series either, you could simply reboot it and do what you'd like with it, or have a proper one off.
I know I'm in the minority here but I do like DC3 to an extent. I wish Capcom made it a spin off or a new IP like Exoprimal rather than calling it DC3 though. The weird dino hybrid designs in that game are amazing and I absolutely would buy a remaster. I think a remaster could improve the control issues it had as well. It sucks that it's stuck on the OG Xbox with no backwards compatibility as its the only reason I still keep my Xbox.

Dino Crisis 2 is honestly my favorite game out of the three and up there as probably being one of my favorite games ever. The arcade action it adopted was so much fun and I loved being able to play as dinosaurs in the Extra Crisis mode. It's a shame they never followed up after that cliffhanger of an ending but at least we got Dino Stalker. Fans have been more vocal than ever about Dino Crisis lately though so who knows, maybe ports via GOG at the very least could be on the table in the future.

Yama

Owner
I know I'm in the minority here but I do like DC3 to an extent. I wish Capcom made it a spin off or a new IP like Exoprimal rather than calling it DC3 though. The weird dino hybrid designs in that game are amazing and I absolutely would buy a remaster. I think a remaster could improve the control issues it had as well. It sucks that it's stuck on the OG Xbox with no backwards compatibility as its the only reason I still keep my Xbox.

Dino Crisis 2 is honestly my favorite game out of the three and up there as probably being one of my favorite games ever. The arcade action it adopted was so much fun and I loved being able to play as dinosaurs in the Extra Crisis mode. It's a shame they never followed up after that cliffhanger of an ending but at least we got Dino Stalker. Fans have been more vocal than ever about Dino Crisis lately though so who knows, maybe ports via GOG at the very least could be on the table in the future.
In a sense the series followed Biohazard's foray into action from slower survival horror, but it only took one dequel to do. Very unique series. I love the first game as it was essentially Biohazard with a different enemy type and also paved the way for CV's rendered BG's and moving cameras, but DC2 was absolutely one of the most unique games I didn't know I needed. It really was the RE4 to the series, just came quick.

Top Bottom