• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Movies CGI Films: Best to Worst

Bandage131

Finger Lickerin' Good
Best: Damnation (Leon/Buddy/Lickers Vs Tyrants)
Mid range: Degeneration (too disjointed, a little too much melodrama, not really enough story, but decent character work)
Worst: Vendetta (though it has some comedy value in just how many innocents are callously murdered by Leon and the BSAA team in the last act and the action is excellently choreographed)

Honorable mid-range: 4D Executer (a solid effort but overall not hard to ignore)

Best: Damnation
Mid: Degeneration
Worst: Vendetta (I honestly really didn't like this movie. Between zombies being suddenly curable, Leon adopting the depressed alcoholic Chris mentality from RE6, the ridiculous over the top laughably bad action sequences, and one throwaway line about the los illuminados coming back that will probably never be mentioned again, theres a good reason why its the only cg movie I haven't watched more than once.)

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
1- Vendetta: Best horror, action and animation;
2- Degeneration: Animation is a bit outdated but loved the setting of the movie;
3- Damnation: No memorable horror or action sequences, Leon barely fights the Ganados and only clashes a bit with the Lickers at the end of the movie, the Tyrants stole the show and only that last act of the movie made me wake up (literally). Forgettable movie;

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
Damnation>Degeneration>>>Vendetta

Vendetta is really absurd IMO and really ruin Chris and Leon. I really don't like how Chris behaves like the events of RE6 never happened (Really noticeable when he meets Leon.) and how they lazily copy pasted RE6 Chris' drunk status to Leon, not to mention he's forced to this movie. Rebecca is a wasted plotential and instead becomes a slave for the villain. Also I don't like how they don't tell us the year this movie takes place; it apparently takes place after RE6 but that's all we really know abou it. And the ending where zombies turn back to human is so stupid.

Edit: Forgot how Leon and BSAA kill civilians in this movie; it's one of the reasons why this movie ruins Leon and Chris.

Degeneration is kinda decent but my biggest gripe is Leon himself. He behaves exactly like DMC2 Dante. Did... did he play DMC2 before the events of this movie and get depressed just like Dante which is the reason why behaves like that? Claire is portrayed pretty good here; she's pretty good with kids in this movie unlike in Revelations 2. Really wished she got more screentime in this and less screentime for Angela. This movie probably has the story out of all the CGI movies IMO.

Damnation is the best one IMO. I like how it connects RE4 and RE6 to each other very well, Leon and Ada behave and look similar to how they are in RE6 in this which is nice and the new characters are likeable in this instead of being boring; JD's death was pretty sad. It also has the best action scenes compared to Degeneration and Vendetta. Story isn't as good as in Degeneration I think but it's still pretty serviceable.

I like how RE6 files reference Degeneration and Damnation. Just wanted to say this before posting this.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Degeneration has the best story but least interesting action. Claire is awesome but leon is boring; he goes full dmc2 dante mode. Angela is alright. Damnation overall has the best leon and other characters but storywise; it's not as good as degeneration's. The action is better than degeneration's though. Vendetta overall has the best action but storywise; it's the weakest. I wished it was connected more to re6. Also leon feels forced to the movie.

Though about vendetta; ı still think rely on horror's analysis for the movie is hot garbage and contains so many lore mistakes.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Imo vendetta has better villains than the other 2 but ı just dont like how some plot points are ripped from re6.

Like arias' interest in rebecca feels ripped out from simmons' obsession with ada.

I can also list more plot points ripped straight from re6.

I think arias should had tried to revive neo-umbrella at least instead of los illuminados.

I just have a dislike for that cult due to re4 killing umbrella in the intro.

At least arias died while downing and svetlana simply got arrested; those 2 villains' status are unknown.

So that's one thing vendetta handles better; giving a better conclusion to arias.

Top Bottom