• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Capcom Resident Evil survey

I participated. In the end I wrote in comments I'd rather have Revelations 3 and 9. Given the way they're remaking the games now I don't think I want to see Code Veronica done in the same fashion.

Does Capcom even care about what we think when it comes to these shoddy polls? This is the same company that thinks CV is a side story game. The fudge is up with that? :D

Anyway, I just managed to download Death Island via a torrent. I was going to stream it, but those pop up ads on 123movies are a nightmare. Have had some bloody time of it due to having a lousy connection in my property.

Basically, my broadband only achieves a speed of something like 0.1 megabytes both ways. My upload speed and download speed is practically so crap, the Internet can only be used for general browsing. 😔

But yeah. I hope the long ass wait will be worth it. Although I reckon it should be. 🥲

After reading through that survey, it made me realize after reflecting for a while that RE:4 was even less scary than the original. While the atmosphere was good, it felt more like an Uncharted game at times especially with the expanded treasure hunting in the game. The original had a much creepier and dark atmosphere for the Village and the Novistadors were more menacing.

This is still their best reimagining but what charm the original had was lost, which is a shame because the dialogue was engaging and not bland. I’ll never understand why these developers want to reimagine the canon like this if it’s going to ultimately lead to nowhere.

One of the biggest criticisms about RE5 and 6 I remember from the fandom back in the day was that they were “too serious.” Fast-forward 5-10 years and now it is ok when a faceless mold man is involved. The same can be said with the “action bad” crowd yet they can get behind the absurd set pieces of RE8.

Last edited:
My major feedback to them was that each game used to have a unique sense of character which has been lost. Not just unique features like the zapping system and the action choices but things like music and general personality. Certain areas in RE4R are just not creepy because there's barely any music and certain kinds of fog or weather have been replaced.

My major feedback to them was that each game used to have a unique sense of character which has been lost. Not just unique features like the zapping system and the action choices but things like music and general personality. Certain areas in RE4R are just not creepy because there's barely any music and certain kinds of fog or weather have been replaced.
The village had the biggest downgrade for me. There was not one area that was necessary better besides exploring the lake but that overstays its welcome as there are barely any enemies to deal with, not even Plaga fish. One of the scariest parts in OG was going back to the village/swamp at night but instead they added a full blown storm and no darkness at all.

It’s like they went completely backwards from RE:2 which felt too dark, so I wonder if that was feedback they took to heart too much. Only a few parts were pitch dark in RE:4 but they were such brief sections I almost forgot about them.

I can nitpick the game all day but I still enjoyed it for what it is. It’s a shame though that this ended up being one of the more faithful reimaginings when RE:2 and RE:3 felt half-baked.

I honestly prefer to think of the Wii shooters as the better remakes. They aren't quite absolutely faithful either, but there's still something unique about them that makes me think Capcom was sleeping on the job 4 years ago.

Top Bottom