• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Anime

Recently I got back into watching Anime movies. Yesterday, I watched my Ghost In The Shell 4K that I bought for my birthday earlier this month and I was blown away by the restoration and Atmos sound. I can't wait until the end of the year when Akira is released in the USA in 4K. I hear it will have the 1988 original English version, which is my favorite version.

Anyway, what sort of Anime does Bio Haze enjoy watching?
I'm into the following:
Akira - 1988 VHS English
Ghost In the Shell
Blue Seed 1-26
Ninja Scroll
Ninja Scroll TV series
Ogre Slayer
Crying Freeman 1-6
Mad Bull 34
Wicked City
Big Wars
Gunsmith Cats
Grappler Baki
Pokémon Seasons 1, 2 only

Cardcaptor Sakura was popular in the UK, under a shortened name, but it was a heavily edited version that wasn't aired in the correct order. But I recall my sister was a big fan of that show.

I recently saw the Anime Street Fighter II and the series Street Fighter II V and it was better than I expected. I learned something about the characters I didn't know. Like I didn't know that Ken and Ryu are longtime friends, but it makes sense, because their fighting moves are the same.

Like I said before, I can't wait to get Akira in 4K this Christmas as long as it has the original English dubbing because it was my favorite version; not the new script with new voice actors.

Ghost in the Shell looked and sounded great in 4K. It's the kind of Anime I would watch again and again just for the sake of being involved in Anime.

I want all of my anime movies to be upgraded to 4K at some point.

Top Bottom