• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 3rd Person RE Village Demo

I just finished a playthrough of the 3rd person RE Village demo and I am really happy about this. Adding a 3rd person mode into Village would have been no small task and something they did not need to do. So I see this as a very good sign for the future, that they have listened to the fans and that future titles will at least have a 3rd person option. Not only has the series returned to adventure style survival horror but now it has returned to the 3rd person perspective.

Yama

Owner
It's really nice to see that the series is becoming as unified as it ever has. After the success of RE:2 I thought the series fans were as unified as ever. The new engine had enough action, enough classic, great control, pacing, atmosphere, etc. It was the best of all worlds and truly defined what Biohazard always was supposed to be. I truly wondered why they were going in a different direction with Village again, especially hearing trilogy at the time. It seems the different projects development timelines overlapped quite a bit though, which explain it. Now that development has had time to stabilize, it looks like we are in fact going down this unified road and I for one am very happy to see it.

Yama

Owner
I'm also glad Yama that it seems to be going for the RE2 remake type camera and controls as those are the best controls in the series history in my opinion.
100% agreed. As someone who also plays quite a few FPS, it's odd that the TPS games of RE:2/3 have much more fluidity than RE7/8. I figured since 7 was first it was just a bit older and thus clunky, but when 8 built off of that I was disappointed. It is far too clunky for an FPS game with that much action. 7 gets away with it as it's locale is small and tight, less action, etc.

The DLC is dropping tomorrow. You may be able to view it in a few hours, since some people in the eastern part of the world are about to start the 28th of October. :D

The DLC is dropping tomorrow. You may be able to view it in a few hours, since some people in the eastern part of the world are about to start the 28th of October. :D
I'm in Australia so should be able to start playing in a few hours. Already pre-downloaded the DLC

I watched it earlier.

Felt like an acid trip. They basically cut and pasted assets from the main game for Rosemary's trip in the Megamycete.

I mean, it was good. Wouldn't go as far as to say it was amazing. I was not expecting much anyway.

Top Bottom