• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RECV RE:CV Remake a 'Maybe'

Yama

Owner
On one end, yes! The games beautifully rendered backgrounds for the time were stellar, though now lack the detail of even the 32-bit era pre-rendered backgrounds. It would benefit greatly from RE Engine levels of detail, as the locales are phenomenal.

On the other end, we just did RE:4 first so now this game will be even more out of order for new audiences and make even less sense. If they were going to do it, I would have preferred it before RE:4.

I honestly think that they have at least two teams working on Resident Evil games one on the future RE9 or whatever is next and one working on potential remake/ older timeline game. I really do believe we will get Code Veronica or a RE1 remake within the next two games released after RE4. I really hope code veronica gets it's due but RE1 would be perfect for the RE2 remake formula honestly and I'd kill to see come crimson heads running toward me.

Yama

Owner
I honestly think that they have at least two teams working on Resident Evil games one on the future RE9 or whatever is next and one working on potential remake/ older timeline game. I really do believe we will get Code Veronica or a RE1 remake within the next two games released after RE4. I really hope code veronica gets it's due but RE1 would be perfect for the RE2 remake formula honestly and I'd kill to see come crimson heads running toward me.
You and I both, I've clamored for it since RE:2 as much as some hated the idea. REmake is my favorite title in the series, it is perfection. With that said though, younger audiences accustomed to the new style of RE:2 will see it as an oddity. Furthermore, the assets were lost so it doesn't have the proper re-release Zero has. It's also the smallest game locale wise, which should make for an easy turnaround. They could beef it up with modes such as classic camera angle mode, etc. It's such an odd game not to do and to say because it's been remade already is a cop out excuse, it's been 20 years since the remake.

I'm so passionate about this topic I'd love for a thread to exist (feel free), this is one I'd be up for any debate with haha.

OK. So they gave CV the "maybe" treatment. I'm gonna have to assume that I guess they're not huge fans of the game. But ignoring a mainline game feels dumb. CV is a very important entry. But of course, RE4 is the golden Game of the Year type title Capcom is aiming for. Unlike CV.

So yeah. We know that Konami is doing it with the remake of Silent Hill 2. But only the first and third game are interconnected in that series. Up to a point, all of the RE games definitely feel linked. It's only after RE4 was released that they became their own thing, most of the time.

I think eventually, they're gonna plan on remaking the first remake again and make it over the shoulder. I don't think we need any more remakes after RE4, besides the CV remake. But I don't know if they could be trusted to not mess it up anyway.

You know how they keep on removing things that fans want in these games.

OK. So they gave CV the "maybe" treatment. I'm gonna have to assume that I guess they're not huge fans of the game. But ignoring a mainline game feels dumb. CV is a very important entry. But of course, RE4 is the golden Game of the Year type title Capcom is aiming for. Unlike CV.

So yeah. We know that Konami is doing it with the remake of Silent Hill 2. But only the first and third game are interconnected in that series. Up to a point, all of the RE games definitely feel linked. It's only after RE4 was released that they became their own thing, most of the time.

I think eventually, they're gonna plan on remaking the first remake again and make it over the shoulder. I don't think we need any more remakes after RE4, besides the CV remake. But I don't know if they could be trusted to not mess it up anyway.

You know how they keep on removing things that fans want in these games.
I wonder if they just wanted to get the huge hit that RE4 will be because of how big it is not just to horror fans and then maybe they will go with another different remake. As big of a resident evil fan as I am I’d still kill for Dino crisis 1 and then 2 to get remade!

Yama

Owner
I wonder if they just wanted to get the huge hit that RE4 will be because of how big it is not just to horror fans and then maybe they will go with another different remake. As big of a resident evil fan as I am I’d still kill for Dino crisis 1 and then 2 to get remade!
Yeah, at this point RE4 is almost a brand of itself beyond just RE, it’s that big. Also +1 for a DC in RE Engine.

Yeah, at this point RE4 is almost a brand of itself beyond just RE, it’s that big. Also +1 for a DC in RE Engine.
Do you prefer Dino Crisis 1 or 2 I get most resident evil fans will say 1 but I really liked the story and action feel of Dino Crisis 2 and I think that system is what precipitated RE4's merchant and upgrade system.

Keep in mind that Wesker has not been designed for RE Engine yet, so I imagine they will make RE:1 first before moving on to RE:CV or RE:5. This is assuming that Wesker won’t make any appearances in RE:4, which I am willing to bet money on he won’t be in the game, only mentioned or simply a voice. It would be odd for him to make his first appearance out of order like this for new players who can’t play the static camera games.

Capcom is in a weird spot and seems lost on where to take the future of the series. They keep bouncing back and forth between action and horror when the titles that DO balance the two already exist. It’s maddening how they handle this franchise.

Last edited:
I really liked DC2, but absolutely detested DC3.

What an abomination!

Dino Stalker was somewhat good, though.
I just got Dino Stalker but haven't played it yet. I hope it's good. I would love a true sequel to Dino Crisis 2 as its my favorite as well and maybe we could find out if Regina saves Dylan and his daughter.

Keep in mind that Wesker has not been designed for RE Engine yet, so I imagine they will make RE:1 first before moving on to RE:CV or RE:5. This is assuming that Wesker won’t make any appearances in RE:4, which I am willing to bet money on he won’t be in the game, only mentioned or simply a voice. It would be odd for him to make his first appearance out of order like this for new players who can’t play the static camera games.

Capcom is in a weird spot and seems lost on where to take the future of the series. They keep bouncing back and forth between action and horror when the titles that DO balance the two already exist. It’s maddening how they handle this franchise.
I agree especially the whiplash that was RE7 being real horror and suspense and then straight action that was RE Village.

You and I both, I've clamored for it since RE:2 as much as some hated the idea. REmake is my favorite title in the series, it is perfection. With that said though, younger audiences accustomed to the new style of RE:2 will see it as an oddity. Furthermore, the assets were lost so it doesn't have the proper re-release Zero has. It's also the smallest game locale wise, which should make for an easy turnaround. They could beef it up with modes such as classic camera angle mode, etc. It's such an odd game not to do and to say because it's been remade already is a cop out excuse, it's been 20 years since the remake.

I'm so passionate about this topic I'd love for a thread to exist (feel free), this is one I'd be up for any debate with haha.
Re1 Remake was my favorite title in the series until RE2 remake which is perfected the gameplay for me personally. That being said RE1 remake could be really cool especially if unlike RE2 remake instead of making basically 2 identical campaigns make it that Chris and Jill have completely different objectives so that it feels like we get two games in one. I also don't see the need for multiple endings, but I still want you to have options like saving Rebecca or Richard for extra rewards or gear.

Really it comes down to with Re2 remake being my favorite and as far as settings and pacing it really matches up with RE1 so I think a remake would be incredible I think Yawn would look absolutely fantastic in the RE engine!!

Top Bottom