• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Future of the series (speculation by fans and brainstorming potential future story developments)

The story can also be improved upon and the lore of the Plaga can be expanded as well. They can add more variety to Separate Ways. I hope a Revelations 3 happens as well but with this new RE engine era, it will be harder for them to bring back main characters who haven't been reimagined into the engine yet like Rebecca, so well see.

Separate Ways is a quite cool additional campaign and really adds to the story but you know what would be really cool to see? A bonus mini campaign with Krauser, have it start with the first meeting of Krauser and Wesker, and how Krauser is assigned to go to the pueblo and enter the Los Iluminados cult, receives the plaga for his arm and finally add the mission on U.S soil where Krauser kidnaps Ashley, but not without having to confront a team of U.S. Marshals along the way.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'm sure that Yasuhiro Seto is the "main writer" now.
You mean morimasa sato? He's been the writer of re7 and he was later chosen to direct revillage while helping antony johnston. Seto only seems to work on re3 2020 after chronicles games and reorc if ı remember bsaarklay's comments correctly. Sato would most likely be the main writer from this point on.

But anyways; ı said this to russident before but ı'll say it here as well. Honestly the only thing that would make me buy and play any future entry would be for capcom to recreate re6 after re4 and re5 are recreated. Unlike re4 and re5; ı would be interested in a recreation for re6. I'm not sure how this will happen but regardless of how it happens, ı would happily buy and play the game automatically. I would take it as more of an addon... Or a dlc for re6. I would play the recreation with og game together. And ı dont care if this is faithful or not.

I have some ideas for this; let me share them:

1. 1st idea for mine is for capcom to make 4 separate games about the game's 4 campaigns. They would be expanded more and you would go through more locations with even bigger environments. There might be new additions to story as well whether they are new characters or monsters. Each of these games would of course have a separate tutorial chapter for them. I always dreamed re6 having tutorial levels for each campaign despite this being exclusive to leon.

Another thing is these 4 games wouldnt be called " Resident evil 6 " . They would simply be called " RESIDENT EVIL " and " VI " part would be highlighted. For each game; the color for highlighting would be different to differentiate them from each other. As for japanese releases; again they wouldnt be called " Biohazard 6 " but rather " Biohazard " x " EVIL " . This " x " word would be any creative word and once again " VI " part would be highlighted with the same color the other game cover has.

These games also wouldnt have 5 chapters. It would have a separate tutorial chapter as well as one long game without any chapters. There would be checkpoints and automatic saves and these saves would be the game's " chapters " in order to go back and replay a part more specifically.

2. This one is more simple but ı would rather see a re6 retelling in a similar fashion to how darkside chronicles retells re2 and recv. It would have an original story while re6's campaigns would be told by one of playable re6 protagonists. These re6 campaign retellings would have at least 5 chapters. Or more. As long as it's not less than 5; ı would be fine personally. So 4 scenarios with each of them having 5 or more chapters. This game wouldnt be called " Resident evil 6 " . It would have a completely different name to the point it might be seen as more of a spinoff.

If capcom would do this, it would be really heartwarming imo. Cause darkside chronicles' main writer was shotaro suga and the next game he worked on as a writer was re6. So re6's campaigns having dedicated retellings would be really beautiful due to this.

Conclusion

Now these ideas that ı said dont need to happen. In the end, they are simply ideas. I would still play a re6 recreation along with og game together even if my ideas dont come to reality.

The only thing ı absolutely want is ı would like to play as all 7 characters playable in campaigns. Leon, helena, chris, piers, jake, sherry and ada. Carla and agent are optional. Former is only playable in mercenaries and it's possible that recreation might not have that mode. If that's the case; then ı would like to see her being playable in campaign somehow but it's not a thing that ı see as necessity. As for latter, he's playable in mercenaries and he's only playable as forced coop partner in ada's campaign. I would rather not see him being forced as a coop partner but rather see him have his own campaign. It would have only one shorter chapter when compared to others. This doesnt need to happen but if agent needs to be included, dont force him as ada's coop partner.

So this is my idea. I would rather have capcom just do things they want rather than taking internet and what people want seriously. Many people might be against my idea but ı dont care. I want to stick to my beliefs no matter what. I dont like the fanbase that much. It's confused and fans dont really know what they want.

You mean morimasa sato?

No, why. I meant Seto. He wrote Umbrella Corps and even Heavenly Island. Since he worked on the Chronicles series as well, it doesn't seem surprising to me that games still remember the Umbrella plot. Not to mention the other veterans who were there.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
No, why. I meant Seto. He wrote Umbrella Corps and even Heavenly Island. Since he worked on the Chronicles series as well, it doesn't seem surprising to me that games still remember the Umbrella plot. Not to mention the other veterans who were there.
I didnt know he wrote those. But he doesnt seem to work on re7 and revillage. I dont think he worked on re2 2019 either.

I didnt know he wrote those. But he doesnt seem to work on re7 and revillage. I dont think he worked on re2 2019 either.

I feel like he wrote Zoe's report, although I don't know how this can be checked.

However, it's not that important, really. The series and each game always have many authors. Even Sato or Suga didn't work alone. Everyone contributes. That's why I put that "main writer" part in quotation marks. The series doesn't really have any main writers. Even people like Sugimura were more responsible for systematizing the work of different teams and the general direction of the series, which changed in the process, but he himself never wrote absolutely everything related to Resident Evil during his time at Capcom. Some authors may even have intentionally disobeyed him.

Some people have a habit of becoming attached to specific people, such as Mikami or Sugimura, thus becoming fans of "their vision" rather than the series itself. But for me, it's not a completely proper way to look at things, because hardly any of the fans are familiar with these people and can know the full picture of their contribution.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
But for me, it's not a completely proper way to look at things, because hardly any of the fans are familiar with these people and can know the full picture of their contribution.
I understand. For example; sugimura didnt seem to want leon and ada to appear in future titles but kamiya didnt agree with his decision and introduce them in a way so that they would appear in future titles which seems to annoy him. Kawamura's epilogues in re3, especially the one about ada, seem to annoy sugimura too. Some scenes of recv are also not added by him but rather by mikami and kato instead.

And ı feel like iwao, kawamura and suga seem to have more control on the story scripts they worked when compared to sugimura. The reason for this seems to be that sugimura worked with flagship and ı got the idea that the compnay limited some of his ideas. While those 3 writers ı mentioned didnt seem to work with flagship. Info about iwao and kawamura are known but not much about suga is unfortunately. But he definitely must have had more control on re6's story script when compared to darkside chronicles.

Regardless ı dont think any writer had full control on the story scripts of entries. At least one idea must have come up by someone else.

Obviously, Rosemary will need a database. I doubt that she can and will store all the information in herself, so, like Eveline, she should have the ability to mold centers, as well as control information from there even better than Miranda.
Hehe, we have a fungal root in a new story.

Rosemary's enemies in this case will definitely pose a serious threat to her. I don't think that the girl herself has any fantastic abilities like high speed or the ability to dodge bullets. She's not Wesker, but a second Eveline, so I can't imagine her having abnormal abilities out of nowhere.
Hehehehe, the new episode will focus on horror, limited resources and their management.

The bosses themselves can also represent different horror subgenres. Developers can use the films of Dario Argento and Mario Bava as references. I think if one of them forces Rosemary into a mental battle, the game can even be made as scary as Donna's house was.
Hehehehehehe.

The bosses themselves can also represent different horror subgenres. Developers can use the films of Dario Argento and Mario Bava as references. I think if one of them forces Rosemary into a mental battle, the game can even be made as scary as Donna's house was.

Hehehehehehe.
Nice predictions there, I gotta say.
In my opinion this new development of the DLC where players can experience this other place outside conventional time and space if properly explored, can really elevate the horror fueled sections of the games..

Since Capcom is always experimenting with gameplay I honestly enjoyed when it was revealed that the DLC is now going to use the third person view, while some purists will argue now that a megamycete world is going too far with the weirdness factor I am not contrary to the idea though of using this DLC as a way for Capcom to put forward new gameplay elements and concepts to test out that can renew the formulas for fear and survival horror in general, since there's lots of interesting ways they could use the new DLC to create a very moody atmosphere that bumps up the scariness, while also provide twists and turns to the story...

One topic some could bring up is typically about the gameplay and what exactly Rose is capable to do with her powers and if that will actually turn her into an overpowered character since RE general philosophy is that characters have to deal with weapon /ammo/health scarcity and locations with foes that can be really fast and big, compared to the protagonists.

While there is very little info about her powers, I am inclined to believe Rose has more abilities than Ethan but that's exactly why I think selecting a warped reality as the scenario for Rose is the proper way to go, where this other realm can nerf her character just enough so the game is still challenging.

Hehe, we have a fungal root in a new story.

Hehehehe, the new episode will focus on horror, limited resources and their management.

Hehehehehehe.
These are scary good. Going to call you Nostradamus from now on.

The only thing I don’t think anyone predicted was third person lol

I think that either Blue Umbrella is going completely dominate the BSAA to a point where they are the same organization, or they are going to pin everything on the BSAA. If the public loses faith in the BSAA totally, which was already happening prior to RE7, then they may lose faith in the UN as a whole to protect them. And the US can't say it can offer an alternative, after the FBC fiasco.

So everyone will be left to fend for themselves, with no central organization to combat bioterror in different countries. The larger countries will fare better since they can make their own anti-BOW forces, but smaller countries will be forced to look to the larger ones for protection. It will lead to less supervision, which means more militaries will start using BOWs with no one to threaten them. BOWs may even begin to be normalized and accepted, in the same context the BSAA is using them.

And at the center of it all, Umbrella would be able to prosper. Making the one-world government they talk about in Umbrella Corps.

Also the BSAA has a lot of zones set up across the planet where viruses are allowed to run rampant because they don't have the manpower to clear them out. Without a central figure to keep track of them, they might spill out into surrounding areas. Leading to whole parts of the globe being wiped out.

Top Bottom