• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Future of the series (speculation by fans and brainstorming potential future story developments)

I intend to open this thread as a form to discuss any theories by fans about potential plot developments after RE VILLAGE, also bear in mind DLC for Village eventually might provide more story material such as hints and clues about upcoming sequel to Village and beyond.

I openly express here ideas posted and discussed here are in no way, shape or form to be considered leaked info, or official capcom info.

For the forum members that dislike that type of thread I think its more than enough one advice to simply ignore this thread or at least acknowledge the thread wasn't made to force anyone believe ideas here as official story developments this will be nothing but discussions on what people might consider interesting and relevant stories that capcom should develop further into a new game plot/scenario, but try and be civil so keep that in mind if you want to participate, take that lightly if you will...

I'll pitch an idea first... The RE Village crystal baby in jars leading to the ressurection of Rose and its potential developments... Basically this allows the 4 Lords of Village to be resurrected in the future since they were collected as crystals and sold to the Duke. Possibly the connections or another shady organization could obtain those through the Duke and this would allow Alcina Dimitrescu and the other lords to become research for new bows or even used as vessels for a dead character to return.

Last edited:
It would be great if the developers explained how their calcification works. So far, different fans have a different understanding of this process.

Personally, I stick to calcification from real life. I don't really like to think that the fungus magically turns into a crystal, because it rather resembles some kind of alchemy.

What is calcification in the first place? This is the process of "reverse solubility", when calcium salts pass from the dissolved state to solid deposits. This process can occur with people due to injuries, metabolic disorders, and so on.

I assume that the fungus is oversaturated with salts, so a violation of the fluid balance (loss of fluid due to damage and waste of energy for recovery) leads to the drying of fungal tissues, after which they leave behind salt deposits.

But how can there be so many salts in a fungus, even if it is abnormal? Perhaps this is due to the large number of salt deposits on the territory of the Baker farm.

Interestingly, people are unlikely to find an equally large mine in Louisiana. Even basements are rarely built there because of the groundwater level. Therefore, such a large and salt mine, which is literally located under the guest house, seems to be a very specific artistic choice. I mean, the developers visited Louisiana and, according to the players from this state, did their research well, so it's hard for me to believe that they didn't know anything about geographical features.

Some fungi in nature, for example, absorb calcium carbonate through the soil, so this idea is not so fantastic at all.

Speaking of Eastern Europe, it is impossible to determine the age of the anomalous fungal root, but it could well have survived various geological changes on the planet, for example.

Now I live in a city where the tap water contains a large amount of chalk. There is so much of it that after the water dries, a lot of deposits remain.

Chalk is calcium carbonate, and calcium carbonate is of organic origin, because the water washed out the bones of animal remains. Therefore, I live in a very large cemetery in a certain sense.

But it is much more interesting to think not about salts, but about the beautiful minerals that the fungus leaves. Minerals and salts can be called crystals, but the structure of minerals is more complex.

Fungi in nature can actually cause the crystallization process, because they contain organic acids that can dissolve even rocks.

It is quite possible that fungal life forms were carriers of solutions that they could get from the fungal root through parasites, so in the process of death, these solutions were released and began to dissolve, which led to internal crystallization of dissolved substances around the centers that could be bones, because they are made of calcium, and it is easier for calcium to stick to calcium.

8amRt9yw6fU.jpg

9e1eCZyxuIo.jpg

Of course, there are different assumptions in these processes, even if they work as I have described them. This is inevitable. However, I personally believe that there is nothing alchemical about them, so the crystals left behind are just deposits. I personally do not believe that there is a possibility of returning any of the lords, because there is nothing left of them.

Speaking of Rosemary, my version is that Miranda caused the crystallization of the girl's external tissues so that her body could be restored. This situation reminds me of what happened with Zoe.

However, I may be wrong, this is only my perspective.

It's funny how I wrote so much text, but I never got to the actual topic of the thread.

I'd like RE9 to be about the Connections. RE7 started that off, but RE8 was mostly distant from all of that. So I hope the next game ties into that. Because to me, RE8 was so different, and hereby obscure.

I'd like RE9 to be about the Connections. RE7 started that off, but RE8 was mostly distant from all of that. So I hope the next game ties into that. Because to me, RE8 was so different, and hereby obscure.

You know, despite the wide variety of organizations in the universe, developers are still trying to maintain a certain essence of Umbrella, if you know what I mean.

Miranda was the one who reorganized the old kingdom as a cult and used the founders' crest as a reference for its symbol (the four wings, like the four diagonal sides of the crest, symbolize the lords). She did this in order to have influence and access to resources that allow her to conduct experiments to find candidates under the pretext of treatment. So this idea directly influenced Spencer. Umbrellas cover everything that is under them, and Spencer, recognizing the umbrella pattern in the crest, 15 years later established his Umbrella to secretly study the Progenitor Virus and implement his eugenic program.

For more symbolism, Miranda added a cult symbol to the labels, which Umbrella did often, and also had a castle that could inspire Trevor during the construction of the Spencer Mansion.

Her village was destroyed by the same bomb as Raccoon City, that is, N2.

Speaking of Brandon Bailey, his syndicate is another "engram" of Umbrella, since he not only worked with Spencer and Marcus and was an important member of the organization, but also used connections there to establish a syndicate.

The fungal girls project also shared a common goal with the Tyrant project, that is, the creation of a bioweapon that can assimilate with the urban population.

And the syndicate cooperated with a rival company, which was a mirror image of Umbrella, since it is a corporate rival that also has its own USS (HCF).

You know, I didn't even mention the literal Umbrella Corporation.

The "umbrella" spirit will never stop terrorizing humanity, and I think that even Spencer's death on that expedition would not have changed the fact that in his place there would have been other terrible people who would have used biology for their own purposes. For example, like Osmund Saddler and Simmons, who also came from the Anglosphere and even have names similar to Oswell.

You know, even Goering, on behalf of Hitler's party, could try to find shadow allies in Europe to carry out supranational activities, and found the Ashfords.

This war is endless.

However, I may be wrong, this is only my perspective.

Well its hard to guess at this point, but aside from any bits of evidence that such crystalized "remains" might be able to provide their full fledged comebacks, I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility another game featuring bows with abilities similar to those lords, it would actually fit a RE game with Rosemary Winters and Mia too...
(the Connections being the most viable organization able to harness something from those types of fungal bows).

Both the recycling of enemies + refinement of the viral research Is pretty much a common trope of RE series...
I think all it takes to admit that is to look at the countless Tyrants variations/versions developed througout the RE games...

Another thing to ponder is if Capcom intends to profit from Lady Dimitrescu and her daughters (and to a lesser degree the other Lord's too) popularity just with a DLC.

Imagining that even though Spencer dismissed using the megamycete for his Umbrella, there's definitely potential to use it combined with Las Plagas or Progenitor based bioweapons.

Last edited:
I liked that Mega Man and Devil May Cry idea that you wrote so much that I don't stop thinking about it.

To increase the scale, the place of events can be, for example, a small town in Italy (a farm, a village and a town), and the new Bakers and lords figures can be local authorities like the mayor, the police commissioner, and so on. Their leader may be Brandon Bailey himself, who was infected or even resurrected by the fungus, since Spencer believed that he was assassinated. Personally, I see such a picture that Brandon has learned to mimic his youth and could compare himself with his idol Dr. Marcus, because he shared a similar fate.

Obviously, Rosemary will need a database. I doubt that she can and will store all the information in herself, so, like Eveline, she should have the ability to mold centers, as well as control information from there even better than Miranda. Such a fungal root can take the place of a new hub, which in previous games were the trailer and the village.

The new game can also show a new vector of fungal infection to reveal new depths of the pathogen and explain the processes that have already been established. I really like how that Hive-Host part of the HCF fits Eveline perfectly. Xenobiology is a subsection of synthetic biology, so the fact that Eveline and her fungus are products of bioengineering makes perfect sense. I imagine that the Duke could have delivered a parasite, so the syndicate did not stop looking for ways to modify the fungus.

Rosemary's enemies in this case will definitely pose a serious threat to her. I don't think that the girl herself has any fantastic abilities like high speed or the ability to dodge bullets. She's not Wesker, but a second Eveline, so I can't imagine her having abnormal abilities out of nowhere. And her human skills, which came from Chris' training, will allow the game to maintain the "genre" of the series, when abnormal abilities will help replace steroids or local cuisine. As you said, she could also gradually defeat each "lord" and collect their information in the database to use against another "lord". This is even a classic progression for games from Capcom.

The bosses themselves can also represent different horror subgenres. Developers can use the films of Dario Argento and Mario Bava as references. I think if one of them forces Rosemary into a mental battle, the game can even be made as scary as Donna's house was.

At the end of the game, when Rosemary has defeated Bailey, she can order the fungus root to calcify.

I would also like to see Mia to some extent, because Katie O'Hagan's acting is honestly amazing. Every line of her in the Beneviento section broke my heart, but I don't think the game did her justice, unlike Resident Evil 7.

Speaking of Umbrella, I expect Jake to return, because the leader of the organization is potentially his father. Even if this leader is an impostor, it's still a good reason to bring Jake back to start looking for him. For me, this is much better than repeating the scenario in which the virus would evolve, so an agent would be sent to search for Jake to deliver a sample of his blood and save him from the bad guys. Kobayashi-san likes to repeat the plot situations from Resident Evil 6 in his movies, but I don't think that games need it.

Umbrella itself has the opportunity to discredit the BSAA and take its place. I like how the game acknowledges that after the events in China and Eastern Europe, the BSAA earned a good reputation, but the failure in Munich and and now cooperation with Umbrella forced it to hide incidents and its methods.

After all, I don't have any demands, so I can accept any direction if it will be good for me. You never know what to expect from Capcom.

This is not so much speculation as pure wish, but I would like a game that is dedicated to Oswell E. Spencer himself. This game, however, is unnecessary for the series for a number of reasons:

1. Spencer is an epistolary character covered with a veil of mystery. His presence is emphasized everywhere: in files, in the air and in how the world works. This is the faceless leader of a faceless corporation, whose ambitions are so great that any threat in the series pales in comparison with them. And it is absolutely clear to me why the authors have no desire to show and present him like any other villain.

2. Spencer's legacy, that is, the Weskers and Umbrella, are still alive and well. These are his "engrams" that carry his vision into the world. They may hate him and despise any memory of him, but their eugenic views, their Social Darwinist views and other beliefs that embody their personalities are the work of one crazy old man who dreams of becoming a God, but whose selfish and treacherous nature led to a pathetic death by the treacherous hand of his own "son".

"A farcical end befitting an old man bewitched by insatiable greed."
Alex Wesker​

This is a great irony and the perfect finale for the storyline of such a character. Since Oswell's legacy lives on, there is not much point in returning the old man himself.

Nevertheless, I was thinking about how to make a game about Oswell E. Spencer and make it work in the current situation. And the RE7 direction seems like the perfect answer for me.

RE7, however, is connected to the universe on a very global level and shows Albert Wesker's vision through the prism of a local incident. It seems to me that the game about Spencer should go a different way. It is important to me that the mysterious image of Spencer is preserved at least for the world of Resident Evil and for its characters. Therefore, the idea that the main character can be a person about whom no one knows and who can take any secret to the grave seems to me charming and appropriate.

This character, however, does not have to be a relative of Spencer, but he could be the one who could go to Spencer's family castle (which Oswell himself did not own at the time of 2006), because he wants to meet the person he is in love with. And when I watched Dario Argento's Inferno for the umpteenth time, I easily imagined a character with Veronica Lazăr's type in the place of such a person. The main character could be someone like David Warbeck.

I am very inspired by the idea of how Spencer could gradually change over the years. How wars and poetry changed him. How the works of Herbert Spencer and Alfred Rosenberg could influence his views. How his expedition to Eastern Europe enriched him. And environmental storytelling, files, communication with characters, and so on, as in the case of the Baker family, are great tools to implement such a character study. Not to mention how I imagine the appearance of Oswell himself at different ages as hallucinations, but in such a way that the player does not immediately realize that these phantoms, like the castle and the woman, are related to the Spencers. We would just be watching the life of a British nobleman who, although fond of theories, cared about his kind, but step by step we would begin to lose touch with him, as did his family, whom he inclined to his ideas and whose lives he ruined. Therefore, the tragic conflict of the main character and the main villain could be the driving force of the story.

Maybe there would be scenes in the game where Oswell would play the piano.​

Probably, I could carry similar ideas since my school years in the noughties, when I first heard Ludwig van Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in the Spencer Mansion. Even then I knew the background behind this song: Beethoven was in love with Giulietta Guicciardi, to whom he gave music lessons and whom he wanted to marry, so he dedicated this sonata to her, but she preferred another person, which broke the musician's heart. And I imagined that Oswell Spencer might have a similar context too. Maybe he had love, but at some point it became a dead weight for him. And that's why I would like to call this story Romeo, because it can suit both Spencer and the main character at the same time, since their destinies may have common ground with William Shakespeare's play.

Of course, such a game would be a departure from the usual design of the series. I would not like it to have a large bestiary, a secret underground laboratory and other things, without which the formula of the series is difficult to imagine. I would like a big focus on psychologism and storytelling. Perhaps there would be a minimum of firearms in the game, but there would be a lot of exploration and backtracking. Maybe it would be something in the spirit of Rule of Rose, but much more playable. Or, perhaps, it would even be something in the spirit of Scratches.

So Infinite Darkness is hitting home media in December. But I wasn't a big fan of it.

Maybe they will do another season one day. It is always great to see Leon and Claire together. Although they don't seem as close. That's a pity.

Umbrella itself has the opportunity to discredit the BSAA and take its place. I like how the game acknowledges that after the events in China and Eastern Europe, the BSAA earned a good reputation, but the failure in Munich and and now cooperation with Umbrella forced it to hide incidents and its methods
Actually a cool way to move the plot forward would be BSAA corruption as direct result of Blue Umbrella messing with it, but BU also having direct enemies so it's using the BSAA as a means to terminate other bioweapons dealers through a witch hunt of sorts, so they go against the connections, Ada's contractors, and any other potential companies in the field of viral weapons they could eliminate and acquire their research in order to assimilate it and expand BU's influence further in order to solidify BU's position as a "benevolent" entity but of course its all a ruse for them to amass more and more power and influence.
And Chris then is able to find Zoe and somehow rosemary teams up with Zoe and they seem to have some sort of link and telepathic communication due to both having dna mixed with the mutamycete.

Last edited:
I really think this is actually a case, because this is the point of view that Krauser and Wesker were trying to convey.

Umbrella has never died, that's the main point. When Albert Wesker stole the computer in which all the "essence" of the company was stored, he himself essentially became Umbrella. RE5 went even further, linking Albert much closer to Spencer, making him an "engram" or "son" of Oswell, thus drawing a strong parallel with Tony, who was originally supposed to kill his father, Oswell E. Spencer, and become the leader of Umbrella.

And now Wesker was motivated by the desire to resurrect the organization, but this could not be achieved just like that. Therefore, Albert initiated the era of bioterrorism so that the world would need Umbrella with its untold riches and fantastic technologies.

And this is what RE7 focuses on: this game illustrates the situation in the world through the prism of one local incident. We have a family who became a victim of a criminal syndicate, which was helped by the HCF in the early noughties, when Wesker helped syndicates and corporations, so that later the resurrected Umbrella intervened in this incident and earned a reputation for itself.

We do have confirmation that Umbrella has indeed become a sponsor of the BSAA, so in the new game, the alliance's bioweapons wear Umbrella's equipment and its weapons.

So my perspective is that RE4 never had the intention to kill Umbrella (and even Mikami himself confirmed it), but to change its status quo to open a new chapter in the history of the organization. And now that RE5 and RE6 were departures that rather focused on the expansion of the universe, the developers decided to return to the core so that all the mess in the world would find a single enemy figure with a familiar logo. And that's when the characters will have an actual chance to destroy Umbrella once and for all, putting an end to the series.

I really think this is actually a case, because this is the point of view that Krauser and Wesker were trying to convey.

Umbrella has never died, that's the main point. When Albert Wesker stole the computer in which all the "essence" of the company was stored, he himself essentially became Umbrella. RE5 went even further, linking Albert much closer to Spencer, making him an "engram" or "son" of Oswell, thus drawing a strong parallel with Tony, who was originally supposed to kill his father, Oswell E. Spencer, and become the leader of Umbrella.

And now Wesker was motivated by the desire to resurrect the organization, but this could not be achieved just like that. Therefore, Albert initiated the era of bioterrorism so that the world would need Umbrella with its untold riches and fantastic technologies.

And this is what RE7 focuses on: this game illustrates the situation in the world through the prism of one local incident. We have a family who became a victim of a criminal syndicate, which was helped by the HCF in the early noughties, when Wesker helped syndicates and corporations, so that later the resurrected Umbrella intervened in this incident and earned a reputation for itself.

We do have confirmation that Umbrella has indeed become a sponsor of the BSAA, so in the new game, the alliance's bioweapons wear Umbrella's equipment and its weapons.

So my perspective is that RE4 never had the intention to kill Umbrella (and even Mikami himself confirmed it), but to change its status quo to open a new chapter in the history of the organization. And now that RE5 and RE6 were departures that rather focused on the expansion of the universe, the developers decided to return to the core so that all the mess in the world would find a single enemy figure with a familiar logo. And that's when the characters will have an actual chance to destroy Umbrella once and for all, putting an end to the series.
The RE4-6 "Trilogy" only had the Plaga in like 2 games then RE6 went back to basics and expanded on the G and T-Veronica Viruses. I am hoping RE9 or possibly 10 can wrap things up by bringing back Uroboros combined with C or something, which could reanimate Wesker. We already have zombie like BOW soldiers so I don't see why Natalia-Alex wouldn't be able to revive her adoptive brother and try to destroy the world. Then there is the case of a Revelations 3 and whether it will have Jill and Claire team up or Jill and Leon, either one I would love to see. Rose can also make a cameo as a side character for a pivotal plot point much like how Sherry and Manuela were in creating dangerous new bioweapons with their antibodies.

There are many many angles they can take, but I hope they don't destroy the BSAA but rather expand more on the different branches of it throughout the world, same with all the rogue companies introduced in Umbrella Corps.

Not so long ago I accidentally found this video:

This reminded me of how the developers wanted to bring Albert Wesker back to RE6, but decided not to. Maybe the authors always kept in mind that Wesker did not really die in RE5, because the series had an unresolved Umbrella plot, so Umbrella Corps was not a spontaneous change of course.

In addition, when I read Jake's mother's letter, this line seemed to me quite curious:

"Stay strong and know that you will meet him one day."

For some reason, it seemed to me like a writer's "promise". Maybe I've seen such a technique somewhere else, that's why I had such an association. But it really seems to me that the Umbrella leader is a good excuse for Jake's return. It would be strange to have Albert Wesker alive and miss the opportunity to write a meeting with his own son, so perhaps the authors really had and still have such an intention.

However, these are just assumptions. Umbrella's current leader may indeed be an impostor, although the more I think about it, the less sense I find it. Then this person should be someone from Umbrella who has extensive experience in the company and shares its Social Darwinist doctrine. Another unknown Spencer's engram, who decided to use the image of Albert as a camouflage?

I am hoping RE9 or possibly 10 can wrap things up by bringing back Uroboros combined with C or something, which could reanimate Wesker.

Speaking of which, I wrote in one of the threads that it seems to me that the Uroboros Virus was used in the process of creating the alliance's bioweapons. They clearly have eyes that are characteristic of the Progenitor Virus, pale skin and black smudges that resemble the pustules of the Uroboros Virus. This is very similar to Mkono before viral rejection.

Maybe Umbrella used a recombinant strain of the Uroboros Virus to mass-produce soldiers, since the original strain was designed for Wesker's eugenic program, so it was intentionally not that compatible. This is similar to how Carla used the t-Veronica Virus and weaponized it, getting rid of the need for a cryogenic coma. The original strain also had a different goal, because Alexia wanted to be the only individual with a unique physiology who could rule the new world.

These new soldiers may even be Tyrants if the strain is somehow related to the t-Virus. Umbrella could resume work on Tyrants and achieve great success since the days of Hypnos.

By the way, I like how Joe Kendo's book in Japanese is actually called Gun Survivor, so I wouldn't be surprised if the developers decided to bring back the old Umbrella practice using equipped bioweapons through the BSAA.

Probably, the developers will also not stop exploring mold and The Connections, since they are exploring them similarly to Umbrella and the t-Virus, that is, step by step and layer by layer. We know, for example, that mold even has its own biological nomenclature, but it was simply classified. In other words, there are still some questions left in the series that can be answered. And even Tomonori Takano himself said that they had an idea for Rosemary to avenge her father, so her conflict with Brandon Bailey seems very appropriate and, given the biology of mold, extremely symbolic, since Dr. Marcus was Bailey's idol. I really wouldn't want to miss this opportunity.

There are many many angles they can take, but I hope they don't destroy the BSAA but rather expand more on the different branches of it throughout the world, same with all the rogue companies introduced in Umbrella Corps.

I remember how at the time of RE5 the BSAA was officially compared to the UBCS, and its Umbrella was TRICELL. Now this parallel has become even more ominous, since Umbrella itself is a sponsor of the BSAA. Therefore, probably, the BSAA has always been corrupt. This is in line with the general message of the entire series that you can't expect anything good from capitalism.

However, the reason Chris only found out about it now is that due to the loss of credibility with the BSAA as a result of the whole Umbrella situation, he started working independently, so he accidently witnessed a dirty operation. And, according to writer Antony Johnston, this event is one of the most important points for which the story was written.

I dislike the original ending of RE7 and RE8’s because Capcom has a history of not continuing the stories and loose ends of the franchise. Introducing even more loose ends only frustrates me and the names you mentioned involving Spenser; the common fan won’t even know who they are due to how inaccessible most of that info is to the masses. Either that information is locked away behind Japanese transcripts or are poorly translated so we have things like NEXBAS.

RE has the workings for great storytelling but they need to hire a true visionary and keep him on board for more than one game. As of now RE feel more like an Anthology so whenever Capcom states “the next installment in the RE story,” ….we’ll which story Capcom? There’s dozens of loose ends!!!

I dislike the original ending of RE7 and RE8’s because Capcom has a history of not continuing the stories and loose ends of the franchise.

I personally like it when games are very tightly interconnected and complement each other with layers. So I'm glad the series is moving this way now. Of course, there is always a risk that some unforeseen circumstances will occur, so some threads will break, but so far nothing hints that this may happen. Like, at all.

It's not even Resident Evil 7 was the game that started it all. Before this game, there was Umbrella Corps, in which the organization's employees teased that their resurrection would happen soon. And this really happened in RE7 when they came out of the shadows. RE8 develops this line, as well as the lines of other games in the series. Because even the use of Brandon Bailey and Oswell E. Spencer in this story is not something that came out of nowhere: Brandon Bailey really had plans for the future in RE5, and Spencer really knew something that we didn't know. The developers found these clues and developed them.

RE has the workings for great storytelling but they need to hire a true visionary and keep him on board for more than one game.

For some reason, I'm sure that Yasuhiro Seto is the "main writer" now. He has been working at Capcom for a long time (since Street Fighter III, I believe) and even directed the Chronicles series. He also wrote Umbrella Corps, and I wouldn't be surprised if Zoe's report was his work.

Unfortunately, language barriers remain a problem for us, but I can say with confidence that today the situation is much better than it was before. Firstly, because the Japanese are now working more closely with English-speaking authors, so the dialogues and other elements of the narrative are very correct. Except for texts, of course, but not always. Secondly, because fans have built a large community where translations of files and other materials are available to anyone. If earlier we literally had no way to find out why the Zombies from Raccoon City mutated into creatures with long tongues, and the game itself did not give this information, then Resident Evil 7 does not even need Kaitai Shinsho to understand the whole story of the game, and translation inaccuracies can be checked on the fan site at any time.

The series is so convuluted, that you are probably better off just enjoying them as general horror games. Screw the story.

I don't think even Capcom has a clue any more either. So it's best not to be too upset at something you cannot change.

The series is so convuluted, that you are probably better off just enjoying them as general horror games. Screw the story.

I don't think even Capcom has a clue any more either. So it's best not to be too upset at something you cannot change.
Hey C.A. why not try and contribute to the topic at hand, you seem to dislike Capcom's recent remakes (2 and 3) but what about the not so distant future, you prefer if they go forward with RE 4 Remake? And your opinion on the potential titles of RE 9, Revelations 3 or even the rumored Project with Hunk do you want games with a third person perspective but with less focus on action, more smart puzzles, etc or the other way around where Capcom experiments with new type of gameplay to shake things up?
And whether there is a classic character/protagonist that you feel would be nice to come back ... Regardless if fan wishes do or do not get fulfilled that's the point for this thread.

Definitely interested in Revelations 3, aka going by the rumored title of Outrage. I think Revelations 2 is the best game from the 2010 to 2021 era. So would love Natalia (Alex Wesker) to be involved in biochemistry school...

Not saying I am not excited for the RE4 remake, but not against it either. But not expecting much due to the remake of 3 being a let down...

Definitely interested in Revelations 3, aka going by the rumored title of Outrage. I think Revelations 2 is the best game from the 2010 to 2021 era. So would love Natalia (Alex Wesker) to be involved in biochemistry school...

Not saying I am not excited for the RE4 remake, but not against it either. But not expecting much due to the remake of 3 being a let down...
I want them to cut out the BS from RE4, it has alot of pacing issues and enemies like Gigante feel more like LotR than RE to me. I actually think it would benefit being chopped and mixed around unlike what happened with REmake 3. It's still super fun but when I get to certain parts I literally have to force myself to play which isn't good. (Ashley doesn't need to get rekidnapped a dozen times for example). The story can also be improved upon and the lore of the Plaga can be expanded as well. They can add more variety to Separate Ways. I hope a Revelations 3 happens as well but with this new RE engine era, it will be harder for them to bring back main characters who haven't been reimagined into the engine yet like Rebecca, so well see.

Last edited:
I honestly feel the same way about "cutting" the amount of content. Maybe the best direction for a remake would not be an attempt to reach the depth of the original's design, but to make a story-oriented retrospective. At least, this is what I would do in the developers' place, since the original game is still available and can work even for modern players, but the presentation of the story there causes confusion. Even those who love the game with all their heart and still play it may not understand the context of the Umbrella plot. And this is an issue, since later titles have returned to this topic.

Top Bottom