• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Movies Resident Evil: Outrage aka Revelations 3

Really excited for this game, and I hope they confirm it at E3. I think I am a lot more curious about this title than I was for RE8.

While I initially wasn't too fond of the idea of it being on the Nintendo Switch, you can at least play that on a TV. So I found out...

I like the mythology that these games can provide. They definitely probably won't be continued, knowing how Capcom tends to be. But they are still interesting enough in their own right.

Oh, and Rebecca Chambers may be the star. Personally, I miss Jill, and want to know what she has been doing since 2009. But I am happy to just have Rebecca back.

However, I wonder if they will reference Vendetta in any way. Capcom may try to set this game before that film's events, so they don't need to acknowledge what occurred with Rebecca being infected.

Really excited for this game, and I hope they confirm it at E3. I think I am a lot more curious about this title than I was for RE8.

While I initially wasn't too fond of the idea of it being on the Nintendo Switch, you can at least play that on a TV.

There's plenty rumors Nintendo will announce a Switch Pro version with support for 4K resolution when it's played on tv mode. If that's the case then the game can still pack a lot of punch at its graphics department.
If indeed it turns out to be the next Revelations I can't see how it won't be exploring the more traditional characters, hopefully, more than just one of the classic characters will show up this time around, its the best opportunity for them to show up anyway.

Yeah. I'd rather have a game with the main characters, as opposed to Chris playing piggy in the middle with this guy Ethan and his problems.

Don't get me wrong. 7 and 8 are okay horror games. I kind of don't think they feel like the RE games of old, but we may as well act like that's a dead subject now. Capcom is never going to go back to that style of developing games. I often wonder if they're even going to think up a way to continue using characters like Jill, who has never appeared again since 5.

All that's dandy and all, but I think games that create more plot problems are not needed. If it fits in nicely, then fine. But most of these games feel disconnected now. I think by now there's like a hundred different pathogens.

. I think by now there's like a hundred different pathogens.

Basically 3 main threats...
1) all viral ones made by umbrella or terrorists that acquired samples from umbrella like veltro and Glenn arias (progenitor virus derived).
2) the plagas initially unleashed by the Los Illuminados and
3) fungus pathogen which has the megamycete deriving miranda's cadou and the eveline mutamycete.

There may be a few bonus agents or enhancer substances like P-30 serum (which I'm not sure if those have any direct connection to those 3 general agents above) but otherwise that covers pretty much all main entries.

It was easier to follow this franchise when it was in the infancy period. Since they've expanded it to include so many characters and groups of enemies, it has been harder to keep up with everything. I kind of see the games now as just their "own thing" nowadays.

I haven’t felt this way ever since the end of RE6. I am personally dreading what the next game will turn out to be after the last 2 games. On the plus side though, Pete Fabiano has left Capcom recently so I am hoping that will change the direction of the upcoming games in a significant way. I don’t want anymore games to follow REmake 3 or RE8’s examples. The lack of content and meaty lore I came to expect from this series is all but gone, and hardly anything is interesting to me lately. (Besides Infinite Darkness)

This will most likely be my last post on here until a new canon game comes out, which will most likely be next year. I’m tired of hearing myself complain so it’s time to find something else and put RE to rest for a while.

Until then, cheers Biohaze, it’s been fun!👋

Yama

Owner
I haven’t felt this way ever since the end of RE6. I am personally dreading what the next game will turn out to be after the last 2 games. On the plus side though, Pete Fabiano has left Capcom recently so I am hoping that will change the direction of the upcoming games in a significant way. I don’t want anymore games to follow REmake 3 or RE8’s examples. The lack of content and meaty lore I came to expect from this series is all but gone, and hardly anything is interesting to me lately. (Besides Infinite Darkness)

This will most likely be my last post on here until a new canon game comes out, which will most likely be next year. I’m tired of hearing myself complain so it’s time to find something else and put RE to rest for a while.

Until then, cheers Biohaze, it’s been fun!👋
There's always the classics to play and appreciate, don't see yourself out just yet.

Not to mention, we have E3 coming right up. More (and better) Resident Evil games could be on the way, which means there's hope yet!

Gimme Rebecca Chambers over the "What the hell?" spouting Ethan Winters any day. :)

Yeah I’m stubborn and will never outright quit the series. Just taking a break, and now that new DLC has been announced for RE8 I am hoping it will patch up it’s story more. I’ve come to accept the new games for what they are and not going to let them bother me like RE5 used to back when it first released. As for my last post sorry to make you all worry, was not feeling really good at the time. That 2nd COVID shot was a doozy.

Last edited:
There's always the classics to play and appreciate, don't see yourself out just yet.
Yes I have done just that, retreated back to the older games. Right now I’m practicing REmake randomizers with a friend which gives much joy! I’m also hoping to get them into Outbreak as well, just have to get over the hurdle of installing it all.

I don't really like the new games that much, but they are not unplayable. I think the problem is that they have too much going on, which is a pain to keep up with, or understand. By the next game, they seem to want to always do something else. That's fine and all if you love to see everything expanded on. But to me, I often notice they don't continue what they start. So ultimately, it doesn't resolve much, if anything.

Yama

Owner
Yes I have done just that, retreated back to the older games. Right now I’m practicing REmake randomizers with a friend which gives much joy! I’m also hoping to get them into Outbreak as well, just have to get over the hurdle of installing it all.
Whenever you'd like I'm down to play Outbreak online.

Top Bottom