• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Games Dino Crisis

Dino Crisis just makes sense and I hope it really does happen soon.

And I'll join that no feathers squad. I don't care if its realistic or not, give me my damn scaly Jurassic Park dinosaurs please.
Yup, they can make feathers a post-game unlockable :p

Do you think Shu Takumi will direct the revival, if it happens?

Yup, they can make feathers a post-game unlockable :p

Do you think Shu Takumi will direct the revival, if it happens?
I think it'll definitely be him if it does indeed return, yes. We haven't heard what he's been up to for a while now. Working on a Dino Crisis revival would make perfect sense.

That's unfortunate. Hopefully the other one is DC.

Not sure what the one being announced soon could even be. Dusk mentioned the two games area
revivals/remakes like RE2 and RE3. Onimusha perhaps?

That's unfortunate. Hopefully the other one is DC.

Not sure what the one being announced soon could even be. Dusk mentioned the two games area
revivals/remakes like RE2 and RE3. Onimusha perhaps?
Friggin' hope so!
Feudal Japan games have never been as popular as they are today (Nioh hitting 3 million and Sekiro 4 million), it's the perfect time to bring back Onimusha.

Oh, and the rumor says it's on RE Engine + PS5 (at least cross gen)

Onimusha + RE Engine + PS5 o_O

I just hope Regina doesn't end up looking like the new transgender-ish Jill. Nemesis looks like he got his costume made from black bags in a trash tip. ?

I just hope Regina doesn't end up looking like the new transgender-ish Jill. Nemesis looks like he got his costume made from black bags in a trash tip. ?
Nemesis looked pretty bad, but I actually quite like Jill's new look, was never too attached to her Julia Voth look, though.

You might come around when you play the game, I've hated Claire's model in RE2R first time I saw, but it's grown on me once I played it.

The only thing I'm worried about with Regina is changes to her personality, I can't trust Capcom in this regard after RE2E... Imagine Regina dropping F bombs after every 10 seconds :sick:

I half don't want Capcom to do remakes. I just love the original games too much. Especially ones like RE 2 that brought me to the dance. I feel like it's a case of using something familiar to gain money.

A lot of people love the RE 2 remake, but I didn't really care much for it once I finished it. It was decent, but I don't think it will earn any status as a classic. Maybe to some folk. But I ain't in that group.

Dino Crisis in the day was a good game, but the series never reached the heights of RE. I think if poorly treated, a reboot would be very generic in nature, and continue the trend of forgettable remakes.

I'm sure they will remake it eventually. I think they have enough fans clamouring for it already. Although I think I would rather have a sequel to the second game, where we can act as if part 3 never, ever happened.

I'm sure they will remake it eventually. I think they have enough fans clamouring for it already. Although I think I would rather have a sequel to the second game, where we can act as if part 3 never, ever happened.
Agreed, I'd prefer a follow up to DC2 but with how much time has passed, I have a feeling that's very unlikely to happen. A majority of the players nowadays that would be playing probably will have never played the originals, so rebooting the series with a new story (while hopefully keeping Regina the main character) would make the most sense unfortunately.

Capcom seems to enjoy making these games into action shooters. I don't really know what to think of them these days. Of course, I'm still dedicated to their games, but something just seems 'off' with them these days. They also seem to enjoy copying ideas from horror movies and other games, as I've often pointed out on Biohaze and many other forums. It's like they are just plodding it along.

I prefer they do a full reboot of the series because the story was a mess post 2 with Dino stalker you fight dinosaurs in hyperspace and Dino crisis 3 is completely unrelated.

I'm in the minority but I actually enjoyed the third game for what it was and loved the weird dino hybrid designs. I do wish it was a brand new IP and not called Dino Crisis 3 though.

To be honest, I feel the same way about games such as RE4. While RE4 is a solid action game, it kind of sucks as a RE game. It felt dumb how the older games established a story with Umbrella, and they axed it just like that. It has taken years for Capcom to get back on track, but they're stuck living in the year 1998.

People may get bored of the same type of games, sure. However, changing things radically just to go with newer trends, can really piss off even the most loyal of fans.

Top Bottom