• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 RE:3 Announcement Trailer

Well the trailer finally arrived, and i think its great... the addition of RE Resistance was a nice add-on to the pack
I think both 2 and 3 remakes are really nice and great for them to do it, and its just around the corner (april 3rd, 2020)
but after this i hope Capcom and crew really focus on RE 8 you know...

I think RE 8 and perhaps a Revelations 3 should be priority after this, and since both have a high chance to be developed for the PS5/ Xbox Scarlett generation they might take a while until they finish or have an announcement trailer for those.
not sure if E3 2020 will feature a trailer for one of those 2 but mid 2021 might be the proper window for RE 8... Let´s wait and see

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
Good points about her voice Herb. It irks me, too. All of previous her VA's, Heidi Anderson, Catherine Disher, Patricia Ja Lee, you know you were dealing with a strong and determined woman who stops at nothing. Her new VA is almost like an inexperienced girl, fighting against zombies for the first time, basically much like RE1 Jill, which is quite off.

I'm honest, I've been starving on Jill related content for years now and in some ways I'm happy to see her, although I'm still more interested in her post-RE5 fate more than anything else.

On the plus side, the FPP segment with Jill during the first half of the trailer made interested in seeing someone make a Mirror's Edge style game but with zombies you have to parkour around to avoid.

Hopefully, this is the last remake for a while. I'm appreciative of Capcom for doing it, but as Mark5 said, after this game has gotten all its glory, we would want to see a sequel that follows up from RE7, or yes, Capcom could work on a third Revelations.

Remakes don't really take the series in a direction that is going to move things forward. Remakes may look swell, but it has me a bit worried that maybe when it comes to sequels, they could be stuck a little bit, on what to do next. Maybe not, but who knows?

Is anybody else just happy that RE3 is coming so soon? ?‍♂️?‍♀️

Good points about her voice Herb. It irks me, too. All of previous VA's, Heidi Anderson, Catherine Disher, Patricia Ja Lee, you know you were dealing with a strong and determined woman who stops at nothing. Her new VA is almost like an inexperienced girl, fighting against zombies for the first time, basically much like RE1 Jill, which is quite off.

I'm honest, I've been starving on Jill related content for years now and in some ways I'm happy to see her, although I'm still more interested in her post-RE5 fate more than anything.

It's kinda the opposite of Michelle Ruff's Jill from Rev. There, Jill sounded too robotic and stilted. Here Jill sounds too emotional for what is her second encounter with zombies which heavily contrasts her depiction in Remake 1. Cause Jill still came off rather professional and calm through most of RE1 despite encountering zombies for the first time.

Last edited:

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
It's kinda the opposite of Michelle Ruff's Jill from Rev. There, Jill sounded too robotic and stilted. Here Jill sounds too emotional for for is her second encounter with zombies which heavily contrasts her depiction in Remake 1. Cause Jill still came off rather professional and calm through most of RE1 despite encountering zombies for the first time.
Indeed. Lara Croft underwent a similar treatment. You think she'll burst into tears everytime she talks lol

I hope they didn't change it because of many fans saying 'Jill shows no emotions' crap. She did show emotions, however, as stated numerous times, she was always more calm and level-headed in contrast to Chris, who's quite the opposite.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
What about Nemesis himself? What did everybody think of him?
He was barely shown in the trailer. His nose makes him look goofy but I still hope he'll scare the living shit out of me like back the way he did in RE3 when I played it as a kid. BTW, did you notice that some elements of his original theme made their way into the RE3make?

I saw people comparing her to either Natalie Portman or Milla Jovovich lol

I don't generally watch any movies with Natalie Portman, but I do know who she is. I think it's not uncommon to pull a sneaky and base a character's looks off of a well-known actress to a small degree. Douglas Cartland from Silent Hill 3 was supposedly based on Morgan Freemans character in Se7en.

Top Bottom