• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Resistance Project Resistance Suggestions

Yama

Owner

We have plenty of threads discussing the reveal, direction, impressions, etc. This thread however is acknowledging the game Project Resistance is and seeking any suggestions that would help the game succeed. This is not the thread to ask for another game or discuss its direction. Please only post suggestions as they come to you based on what you've played or seen. Feel free to post them as they come to mind, no worries about posting often if need be but please do clearly detail your suggestions. Thank you.

Yama

Owner
UI

The top (UI off) and the bottom (UI on) almost feel like an entirely different game. The UI needs to be cleaned up as well as able to be turned off or minimized. The games style elements such as aura, damage points, etc. take away from the realistic atmosphere the RE engine produces. Finding a way to retain a survival horror atmosphere without detracting it should be a top priority.

residentevil_2961003.jpg

Project-Resistance-Official-reveal-screenshot-4.png

^ agree on that Yama.

1-Randomized more Complex puzzles and more random spawn puzzle item to different locations add a bit replayability so it makes harder for survivors to memorize it.

2-Playable Tyrants from other resident evil games (even noncanon ones like from Gaiden) and New Unique Tyrants that weren't in a resident evil game before and with each playable Tyrants have their own Pros and cons.

3- The role of tank, support, etc should not be character-specific the player should have a choice on which character he should play and which role he should choose without being forced into specific character and role and add more survivor characters. Otherwise, Character specific Class will make the Mastermind always target support or hacker based on the characters the survivors playing.

4-Add Levels, Ranks, Skins, and Perks for both Mastermind and Survivors.

5-Capcom should support this game long term with Free( and Paid) contents that includes new Maps, Masterminds, Survivors, Monsters, and even New modes.

6-The Mastermind player should Modify and experiment their BOWs (attacks, Behaviors etc) with Perks, for example, you have a perk equipped to make your ivy attack poisonous or another perk to make your lickers attacks make survivors bleeding. (like Dino crisis)

That all I can think off right now.

Last edited:
Some great suggestions here already.

One big one for me:

Creature Spawn Points

I don't think zombies and other creatures should be able to just spawn out of the floor along with a glowing biohazard symbol underneath them. Like the UI, it detracts from the realistic survival horror experience RE is known for. My suggestion is to have dedicated spawn points. In RE2, zombies would sometimes spawn by breaking through windows from outside. Continue that trend, have zombies, dogs, lickers etc burst through dedicated spawn points such as windows, vents, etc. It's more realistic and can offer a nice jump scare if survivors are in the room. It also just doesn't look as janky.

Yama

Owner
Space & Pace

It's okay to slow down a bit, allow scenarios to play out a bit longer without a clock counting down in your face. Allow users to explore, allow some tension and build up. The areas don't need to be claustrophobic and tight through out, open them up and spread them out some. Allow some breathing room. This also creates tension when the opposite occurs in a tight space, but if the entire time is like this, it's just messy and monotonous.

There can be quick modes for fast rounds, but it should NOT be the default. Default should indeed feel more like actual Resident Evil to some degree. We need actual set pieces, not generic spaces.

Some great suggestions here already.

One big one for me:

Creature Spawn Points

I don't think zombies and other creatures should be able to just spawn out of the floor along with a glowing biohazard symbol underneath them. Like the UI, it detracts from the realistic survival horror experience RE is known for. My suggestion is to have dedicated spawn points. In RE2, zombies would sometimes spawn by breaking through windows from outside. Continue that trend, have zombies, dogs, lickers etc burst through dedicated spawn points such as windows, vents, etc. It's more realistic and can offer a nice jump scare if survivors are in the room. It also just doesn't look as janky.

This is such a good idea and should be standard. At all costs start to mold this game around immersion and atmosphere, once that's fixed it'll take on a very new identity.

They should make the online mode have many Masters and Controllers such as Annette controlling Birkin etc. and be a free for all while the single player experience should have some canon elements not like Umbrella Corps.
Fabroni can be the main antagonist here.

The UI clutter should be adjustable in the settings menu no doubt - the screen should be free form most if not all UI in the menu options.

Hopefully the maps will be big and the timer can be adjusted.
Hopefully there will be outdoor environments too that can run 60FPS.
Hopefully characters can have room to run somewhere hide as well - it’s important to have some breathing room - nonstop tension will not work.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Anything I was going to suggest has been pretty much covered, the most important thing for me would be getting rid of the UI, I cannot describe how much I hate it, all of it has to go. I'd be fine with a tiny timer in the corner of the screen, but nothing more.

Blackbird

September 28th, daylight...
So, i've been gathering some feedback since the gameplay reveal and started watching every new footage i can find, and for now, here's where i'm at:

1 - The Mastermind is by far the most praised and interesting idea from Project Resistance. Survivors can be fun while dealing with the tension of what's going to happen in the next room, but between the expected jankiness and lack of polish, that's the part of the game that needs the most attention right now.

Not only that, but they might need some overhauling in character abilities to make each one of them more unique. No need to give multiple choices of specials moves per Survivor, a single action that's more reliable can work better.

*Suggestion: Getting rid of collision between players in the Survivors's team, might help to give more room to explore without getting stuck, attack enemies properly and avoid confusion. A simple outline around the character model while getting through them is enough to inform what's happening.

2 - Considering both UI and special effects, there's more actually bothering people than helping. Midst the chaos of facing zombies, it's hard to tell what's happening with such a busy screen all the time.

*Suggestion: Either allowing the players to choose freely what they want to see or simply decreasing the size of every bit of information, should helpt to avoid all problems regarding this specific matter. Preferably both.

3 - The final product will live or die depending on its amount of content. This might be obvious, but the game will need a good amount of maps, Survivors and Masterminds to justify being its own thing.

*Suggestion: Even if the main offline mode and parts of the multiplayer are based on the main canon, it doesn't need everything appealing to that. For example, having more options coming from the entire series should be fun as hell, like:

RE1 Wesker as a Mastermind, Tyrant as his monster - Lucas Baker as a Mastermind, Jack as his monster - Nicholai as a Mastermind, Nemesis as his monster - Saddler as a Mastermind, Bitores Mendez as his monster - Annette Birkin as a Mastermind, G1 as her monster.

Essentially summed up my thoughts, Blackbird. I'd definitely say 1 and 2 are worth working on first, and there are very easy things to fix like the UI. Balancing the survivors will definitely need a bit of work, as it seems some of the abilities tend to benefit other players more than the individual such as healing, which should be avoided to have a good single player (correct me if I'm wrong on anything, I haven't had the free time to look deeply into the gameplay). Collision should go, yeah, even if it isn't "realistic" it just gets annoying having to walk past both zombies and other players, plus there'll likely be cases of AFK players or trolls blocking tight spaces where everyone else needs to squeeze through.

As for point 3, it would shock me if there weren't any extra masterminds nor survivors, even if they didn't make sense for the time period of 1998. Cmon Capcom, disregard canon somewhat and bring in some time-traveling and goofy stuff. The extra characters probably aren't going to be canon anyways, might as well have fun with it, y'know? This is the same Capcom that in recent years had a talking teddy bear DLC, a swampman suplex simulator DLC, and a DLC centered around feeding Jack to name a few.

Top Bottom