• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:4 Chainsaw Demo

This afternoon in my home State of Virginia, I did a 3rd YouTube livestream with the BioHazard 4 REmake chainsaw demo on my PS4 all the while playing with Arabic subtitles🧠🎮

1) Survived the Cabin without taking damage

2) In the build up to the village, I unlocked the well that leads to a TMP submachine gun

3) Killed the chainsaw ganado with a combination of using grenades, shotgun shells, and TMP submachine gun ammo

4) Scored a 17 minute run, which is 6 minutes longer than the 11 minute speed run I scored with my #2 livestream of the demo
Well done.

Question, do you have to drop everything in order to have the well unlocked? I'm itching for another run to try and kill both the powered up Salvadors.

@OmegaBlackHeart @Yama @mert20004 @Caffeine Addict @RipvanX @Jitsu

This BioHazard 4 REmake chainsaw demo was not only another videogame demo but more importantly, an opportunity to test my Presidential strength to REpresent the BioHazard: RE videogame community in the United States of America. CapCom thankfully included an Arabic subtitles option to the BioHazard 4 REmake chainsaw demo, especially after CapCom excluded an Arabic subtitles option from both the BioHazard 2 REmake demo and BioHazard 3 REmake demo. More simply put, the BioHazard 4 REmake chainsaw demo provided me a shining moment as an Egyptian-American born in the Washington D.C Capitol itself!🧠🎮🗳️:LOL:

The timing of the bell definitely seems too quick, hopefully it's a demo thing. It's also weird that you're forced to lower your gun as the villagers all stand in a trance. I kinda hate the modern trend of forced walking/non action areas in general. Sometimes I want to aim to look at stuff closely. It reminds me of the first area in REVIII where it forces you to walk like a snail every time.

The timing of the bell definitely seems too quick, hopefully it's a demo thing. It's also weird that you're forced to lower your gun as the villagers all stand in a trance. I kinda hate the modern trend of forced walking/non action areas in general. Sometimes I want to aim to look at stuff closely. It reminds me of the first area in REVIII where it forces you to walk like a snail every time.

The circumstantial evidence leads me to believe the bell ring was paced in a way to compliment the chainsaw demo of the BioHazard 4 REmake but it'll be REevaluated with the commercial RElease of BioHazard 4 REmake🧠🎮🔔

I actually thought this was well done. Instead of the hard cut we got in the original (where Leon DOES stop shooting off camera), what we got in the remake is MUCH spookier. I love that brief moment of 'what the hell is happening?' Capcom KILLED it with that part of the scene by making it more INVOLVED with the gameplay over a cutscene. Leon is just showing he's just as dumbfounded as the player would be.

I wouldn't put that in the same league as forced walking sections. This was brilliant use of the environment and NPCs.

They seem to be improving on every aspect of the storytelling thus far, as far as I can tell. I don't think this is going unnoticed by most.

It's the second time it happens in the demo though, after the first area, which means there will be more of it later. When you're just about to land the killing headshot on Dr Salvador it's very annoying, rather than spooky, for me at least. I'd like to think Leon would take the shot just to be safe.

Pretty good video comparing RE4 demos from other regions, with new one, etc. Some new stuff I didn't know about like for example that the Japanese demo has a picture with dr. Salvado :D

Top Bottom