• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:2 Would you like to see RE2 remade like the first RE was?

It's what I was initially expecting in fact!

I like the game we ended up getting ultimately, but would have loved it more if they didn't mess up the story, the unique scenarios, and the zapping, among other things. Gonna check out that vid.

Even an official mod from Capcom would be meh, but it would show they care somewhat.

I honestly don't get why companies just cannot tweak a few things to give players all the known perspectives anyway.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Even an official mod from Capcom would be meh, but it would show they care somewhat.

I honestly don't get why companies just cannot tweak a few things to give players all the known perspectives anyway.
Even if they would add a patch to change the camera perspective, ı still dont think it would remove my issues from the game since it still has cut content and pointless changes that makes it feel disconnected to the past. I still dont know how long the new re engine games are gonna be so forcefully re4 inspired, the new direction doesnt even feel natural like in re5 and re6's cases that both continue from re4's style while also expanding from iwao's and sugimura's writing styles.

The remake has major flaws.

In the game, you cannot kill the zombies behind the gate, unlike in the original. You also cannot shoot windows, but Naughty Dog allows for that.

Yes. That's sad how in 2019, zombies and bullets couldn't break the glass.

They could improve their development skills by a long shot.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The remake has major flaws.

In the game, you cannot kill the zombies behind the gate, unlike in the original. You also cannot shoot windows, but Naughty Dog allows for that.

Yes. That's sad how in 2019, zombies and bullets couldn't break the glass.

They could improve their development skills by a long shot.
Zombies can break through the glass though but ı agree that bullets not breaking the glass is strange. Personally ı think the boarding system feels like a step down compared to cord in og game. They allow you to board more windows but you still cant board them all. In og game, you could at least use the cord in 1 of the 2 mechanisms and doing so also affected b scenario. In re2r however, there's no zapping and you need to board the windows again in 2nd run regardless of one's actions in 1st run.

It also seems funny how headshots barely flinch the zombies. Yet there is Leon and his famous "Get down!" line.

Also, both characters cannot be seeing the same events playing out. That's just laziness. Meh. ;)

The OG RE2 4 life...

:)

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
It also seems funny how headshots barely flinch the zombies. Yet there is Leon and his famous "Get down!" line.

Also, both characters cannot be seeing the same events playing out. That's just laziness. Meh. ;)

The OG RE2 4 life...

:)
Yeah zombies are quite bullet spongy in the game, they feel tedious to take down. You also cant stomp on them like in pre-4 entries or re6. If they grab you by foot, the game doesnt even allow to utilize items against them, in remake you could still stomp on the zombies and that from my understanding prevented them from turning into crimson heads. The combat in re engine games feel more and more crippled as it goes on, more so when it will be excused due to " realism " .

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

In my opinion this is still one of the best if not the absolute review for re2r ı've ever seen. I still never liked reviews that much but ı particularly agreed with the story criticisms here, one of the few times where a review matters. I didnt watch the video you shared but ı think here ı agree with the story criticisms, particularly for leon and ada's relationship.

Top Bottom