Why can't RE 5&6 haters understand basic math and economics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the 2 dumbest arguments I hear from the very loud minority of haters of RE5 and RE6.

If RE6 was universally hated, why are there multiple outlets (steam, gamespot, Amazon, google, and IGN) with positive reviews?

How does the 2nd best selling game in a franchise make the company almost go bankrupt?

If RE5 sold well SOLELY on RE4's success, how does it continue to sell well despite being 5 years younger and with almost half the releases?

ALL sequels of a popular entry sell well in the initial period due to past successes. That's how franchises work.

And most of these haters are from the RE4 community, which is the most toxic fanbase within RE (in my experience).

Attachments

• Photo_1638341756952.jpg
    Photo_1638341756952.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Photo_1638341756415.jpg
    Photo_1638341756415.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 8
I agree. I checked the facebook group that you shared and there's a lot of hate going on there. The fandom is surely a mess.

I think the worst fans are the ones who are obsessed with survival horror and so called " rules " of the franchise. The way survival horror is treated is one giant misconception among people.

I personally like re4 and re5 equally. Some aspects ı prefer re4 and some aspects ı prefer re5. But re6 is seriously the biggest improvement the mainline games have done since re2. The haters of the game are seriously obnoxious along with the ones who try to downplay the game's potential.

But anyway; someone made this list on that facebook group that you comment and he get attacked by toxic fans:

262837668_3380620342165256_6475462589962620750_n.jpg

It's an interesting list imo. He get attacked mainly for putting re6 at the top.

I think the worst fans are the ones who are obsessed with survival horror and so called " rules " of the franchise. The way survival horror is treated is one giant misconception among people.
Wow, and after we had that nice discussion too.

Just kidding, I know we're good.

If RE6 was universally hated, why are there multiple outlets (steam, gamespot, Amazon, google, and IGN) with positive reviews?
To be fair, IGN and other gaming article websites are not very good when it comes to rating games, but I do agree that the hate towards the games are inflated to a large degree. A lot of people may have started with 4 and after enjoying it thought 5 would be more of the same, and for ththe most part it was. 6 had a noticeable shift in its gameplay, and then the people that started with 4 felt like it was too large of a shift, not really understanding 4 itself was just as large of a shift from the fixed angles and slow paced gameplay from earlier titles. A good example would be with Markiplier and RE7. You can tell he hasnt played too many Resident Evil games before it because he felt it was a return to old Resident Evil, which it really wasnt.

A lot of the hate is a purely emotional reaction to change, and because the squeaky wheel gets the most attention, more people take on these opinions in an effort to fit in with what they think is the opinion of the majority. They likely won't look at how well the game was received as it would create cognitive dissonance.
5w71jp.jpg

I agree. I checked the facebook group that you shared and there's a lot of hate going on there. The fandom is surely a mess.

I personally like re4 and re5 equally. Some aspects ı prefer re4 and some aspects ı prefer re5. But re6 is seriously the biggest improvement the mainline games have done since re2. The haters of the game are seriously obnoxious along with the ones who try to downplay the game's potential.

But anyway; someone made this list on that facebook group that you comment and he get attacked by toxic fans:

View attachment 1581

It's an interesting list imo. He get attacked mainly for putting re6 at the top.
Yeah, I defended him.

Wow, and after we had that nice discussion too.

Just kidding, I know we're good.

To be fair, IGN and other gaming article websites are not very good when it comes to rating games, but I do agree that the hate towards the games are inflated to a large degree. A lot of people may have started with 4 and after enjoying it thought 5 would be more of the same, and for ththe most part it was. 6 had a noticeable shift in its gameplay, and then the people that started with 4 felt like it was too large of a shift, not really understanding 4 itself was just as large of a shift from the fixed angles and slow paced gameplay from earlier titles. A good example would be with Markiplier and RE7. You can tell he hasnt played too many Resident Evil games before it because he felt it was a return to old Resident Evil, which it really wasnt.

A lot of the hate is a purely emotional reaction to change, and because the squeaky wheel gets the most attention, more people take on these opinions in an effort to fit in with what they think is the opinion of the majority. They likely won't look at how well the game was received as it would create cognitive dissonance.
View attachment 1582
Yeah, I legit don't care if they say "___ is shit". But they straight up make false facts.

These are the 2 dumbest arguments I hear from the very loud minority of haters of RE5 and RE6.

How does the 2nd best selling game in a franchise make the company almost go bankrupt?

If RE5 sold well SOLELY on RE4's success, how does it continue to sell well despite being 5 years younger and with almost half the releases?

ALL sequels of a popular entry sell well in the initial period due to past successes. That's how franchises work.

And most of these haters are from the RE4 community, which is the most toxic fanbase within RE (in my experience).
Re4 fans are just awful and arrogant. They act like any game after it is beneath them due to the increased emphasis on action, which by the way, Re4 is responsible for starting. It's ridiculous how these people think.

I honestly can't be bothered with Facebook, and sometimes RE fans in general. Not you guys. Just some other folk. They can never agree on anything.

Facebook lags so badly now. But I don't like the site either way.

I honestly can't be bothered with Facebook, and sometimes RE fans in general. Not you guys. Just some other folk. They can never agree on anything.

Facebook lags so badly now. But I don't like the site either way.
I just got Zucced for posting those memes.

What's funny is I found the original meme on Facebook.

It was uploaded in July 2020 and is still there. But my RE themed one gets me banned by the bots. Fuckberberg can eat shit.

I just got Zucced for posting those memes.

What's funny is I found the original meme on Facebook.

It was uploaded in July 2020 and is still there. But my RE themed one gets me banned by the bots. Fuckberberg can eat shit.
Dont bother with those people there. It will be just waste of time with unnecessary arguing and insulting. Let them feel however they want. What matters is you should stick up to your beliefs no matter what and dont let others change it.

I wanted to prove myself to others but after thinking about it, ı felt that this was unnecessary. Just enjoy the series how it fits the best for you. I'm personally not interested for future of the series these days, ı would rather just keep playing the ones that are most comfortable to me.

Dont bother with those people there. It will be just waste of time with unnecessary arguing and insulting. Let them feel however they want. What matters is you should stick up to your beliefs no matter what and dont let others change it.

I wanted to prove myself to others but after thinking about it, ı felt that this was unnecessary. Just enjoy the series how it fits the best for you. I'm personally not interested for future of the series these days, ı would rather just keep playing the ones that are most comfortable to me.
I am not talking about the people as of now. The algorithm (bots) got me.

I am not talking about the people as of now. The algorithm (bots) got me.
Oh sorry for misunderstanding. But still; ı would rather keep my connection with the general fanbase as low as possible. It's not worth it. Places like gamefaqs, reddit, facebook, youtube comment sections, steam discussion threads etc. arent that great really. This place isnt known to everyone and quite chill. I feel comfortable for posting here unlike many other places.

Plus, there are a lot of shills that promote for Capcom for to receive free review copies. Although the term shill means a lot of things. Like, having strong opinions would not make us shills. But often, YouTubers may not want to bite the hand that feeds them, so to speak. So they cannot be honest sometimes. I always say be true to your inner gaming soul.

And oh yeah. GameFAQs is rank...

It's basic mob mentality denial. They claim the RE Engine games have outsold them all the time when in fact they still haven't. Perhaps next year they will, but by then both games will have spent the better part of a decade and well over a decade at the top respectively. Not that this seems likely with all the divisive reviews VILLAGE has been getting; knowing this is all you have to look forward to when playing through these short games with little replay value really dilutes interest in them collectively. More people just go back to the older games now. These haters cling to the delusion of the times that makes their fragile perceptions true, much like those who scream "Mandela Effect!" when you point out their generation collectively remembered something wrong. The human mind is an amusingly stubborn thing.

It's basic mob mentality denial. They claim the RE Engine games have outsold them all the time when in fact they still haven't. Perhaps next year they will, but by then both games will have spent the better part of a decade and well over a decade at the top respectively. Not that this seems likely with all the divisive reviews VILLAGE has been getting; knowing this is all you have to look forward to when playing through these short games with little replay value really dilutes interest in them collectively. More people just go back to the older games now. These haters cling to the delusion of the times that makes their fragile perceptions true, much like those who scream "Mandela Effect!" when you point out their generation collectively remembered something wrong. The human mind is an amusingly stubborn thing.
But yes, I agree with what you are saying. Are you on Facebook? RE5&6 haters are super toxic there.

Fanbase logic

Re4: Considered a good action game and one of the best in the series as well as revolutionary.

Also re4: Quite clunky, doesnt allow moving and shooting, ashley is annoying, separate ways chapters arent that polished, you cant buy ammo, low melee variety, unnecessarily tedious when it comes to exploration and inventory management, holds back in its action, lowercase font, barebones story, plaga which feels very cheap due to not being confirmed to have a progenitor connection at the time, no writer hired for main game portion.

Re6: Considered bad and one of the worst in the series as well as generic.

Also re6: Very smooth and responsive, you can move and shoot, slide, counter, high melee variety, epic qtes and setpieces, solid characters and story, partners that can be depended on, very streamlined when it comes to exploration and inventory management which works for the game, has both director and writer returning from past entries, the polishment is balanced very well between all 4 campaigns, very charming art style and monsters, c-virus which is a combo of g-virus and special t-veronica strain called t-02.

Fans: We want horror! Horror good, action bad!

But yes, I agree with what you are saying. Are you on Facebook? RE5&6 haters are super toxic there.
I am in multiple and was an admin in one for a short time. It's all the same low intellect nonsense repeated over and over again. The same unfunny boulder and bloodline memes, the same obsession with posting lewd pictures of the female characters but if you do the same with the male characters THEN it's suddenly gross, the same stupid questions that already have answers. I have seen quite a lot of BIO6 fans though in addition to a lot of haters for it. All they like to do is argue because they're bored. I mostly steer clear.

They are just normies, the same type of people that jump on a bandwagon without having any critical thinking. Normies usually like everything popular and hate everything that is popular to hate: like Britney Spears, Twilight, Trump, Justin Bieber, Milla Jovovich's RE movies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom