• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Games Which Dead Franchises Need a Revival?

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
There are many games out there, but some of them haven't survived into our modern age.

Which ones should be brought back from the dead?

Dead Space, just to resolve a couple open plot threads.

Condemned 2 and The Darkness 2 ended on cliffhangers that need to be adressed.

Silent Hill, but only if the developers can do it justice, like PT did.

Yoke

Procrastinator Supreme
Special note, super happy Fear Effect is back!

Looking through just my physical collection for reference...

Dino Crisis

No One Lives Forever

Onimusha

Tenchu

Destroy All Humans

Fable

Mercenaries

Battlefield Bad Company

Burnout

The Darkness

Marvel vs Capcom

Riddick

Prototype

Not a Franchise but I want a sequel...

The Bouncer

God Hand

Black

Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse

Chromehounds

Dragon's Dogma

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
Parasite Eve is about mitochondrial creatures, or NMC you have to deal with. You play as Aya Brea, a cop who's half Japanese (Sounds a lot like Jill, does it?). It's great survival horror game with JRPG elements and body horror. It was never released in Europe, but I got the game from my uncle, who lives in the US. It was a great game and I would like to revisit it.

PE2 was definitely much like RE and less like the first, but still enjoyable. Aya's outfit in this game resembles RE3 Jill

The 3rd Birthday was utter crap and a complete disservice to Aya. Don't bother with it. That's all you need to know

I haven't played it, but the scenerio writer for RE1 (Iwao) was behind PE2. He apparantly reused a lot of his plans for future RE in it, particularly Wesker and his plans.

@Yoke , I love Fable, Destroy all Humans, Stubbs the Zombie, and Prototype! The first three are my childhood in a nutshell.

A new Half-Life game

HALF LIFE 2 EPISODE 3?

though fans are going forward with a project, the sequel that never happened

Yoke

Procrastinator Supreme
I love Fable, Destroy all Humans, Stubbs the Zombie, and Prototype! The first three are my childhood in a nutshell.
The first two was like that for me as well. I eventually found Stubbs by going through a hidden gems list for the first xbox. Supposedly a new Fable and DaH is in the works but I won't get excited until I see something. I really wish Stubbs would at least come back to Steam. I also wish Activison weren't a bunch of greedy fucks and bring back Prototype.

dead space isn't coming back until another company owns the IP. (EA killed the series because they demanded the series to sell over 6-7 million copies)

for other Series:

Dino crisis

The suffering

Stubb the zombie

Jak and Dexter

Alien isolation sequel

Legacy of Kain

Nightmare creatures

and other games i want but can't think about right now.

Dino Crisis is the first one that comes to mind. Its criminal that with the amount of success the Jurassic World movies have had that Capcom hasn't decided to jump on that bandwagon yet. Hoping that changes soon.

Other series that I would also love to see return in no particular order: Dead Space, Onimusha, Primal Rage, Silent Hill, Marvel Vs Capcom (in the vein of 3 not infinite), Alien vs Predator, Jak and Daxter, and Infamous.

Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known As Mr. $miley
Dino Crisis is a big one as far as video games go. I'm also open to another Parasite Eve if Square can get it together. As much as I'd love another Silent Hill, I don't have faith in Konami to give it any justice. They couldn't even follow through with one from Hideo Kojima, Junji Ito, and recent Academy Award winner Guillermo del Toro. So much potential there and it couldn't deliver.

from what I get GhostWire: Tokyo looks like similar to that ghosthunter game on PS2 your character hunt all kind of supernatural forces in Tokyo. (that the impression I got. )

Top Bottom