• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Games What are you playing?

As the title says use this thread to share any thoughts on whatever game you are playing.

Right now I am almost finished with Darksiders 3. I’m a big fan of the first as it was a fake Zelda game. The second not as good but was entertaining. The 3rd has taken the Souls games as inspiration and it’s a damn great game with very rough edges. It runs like total shit and crashes a few times on PS4.

When it does work it’s fun, combat is a poor mans souls but what’s most impressive is the world design. It really is a massive interconnected world like a Souls game. It still has the Zelda/Metroid sensibilities so it’s a Souls game where you earn new abilities to gain access to new areas and solve puzzles, I love that. So yeah it’s pretty damn good.

Yama

Owner
TWD Telltale final season to coincide with the end of the comics. Has been such a wonderful series.

Looking forward to the No no Kuni remaster and Man of Medan.

Bandage131

Finger Lickerin' Good
Final Fantasy XV. First I've been this into one since FF8 20 years ago. Already logged 70 hours into it.

ChrisRedfieldsSweetAss

The one sweet ass
I'm on my 3rd playthrough of DMC5, though for some dumbass reason I went from easy->hard->medium. But whatever it's still amazing and just so good @_@.
But other then that I'm working my way through the new World of Warcraft update and recently I've become addicted to Cytus II on my Iphone. A fun rhythm game with a surprisingly deep story I highly recommend if you like those things. The track list is banging too.

I'm looking forward to Fire Emblem and Astral Chain next, then come fall i'm swamped. Gears 5, Death Stranding, etc. So hyped though, this dip in gaming has made me craving more good stuff to play.

Bandage131

Finger Lickerin' Good
God of war ascension for 2nd time.

That game is weird. It plays the best of the PS2/PS3 era games, but the story is absolutely pointless. Nothing new is revealed, nothing interesting happens. It almost seems like it was made to check off some boxes for everything they had left in Greek mythology before they reinvented the series.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
That game is weird. It plays the best of the PS2/PS3 era games, but the story is absolutely pointless. Nothing new is revealed, nothing interesting happens. It almost seems like it was made to check off some boxes for everything they had left in Greek mythology before they reinvented the series.
I thought it had a better story along with better characters / villains than the psp titles, especially chains of olympus which has a pretty generic story. I also liked the irony in its story. ( Orkos telling kratos that ares wanted the perfect warrior to destroy olympus which kratos does so in gow3. )

It's also my 3rd most favourite gow game.

Bandage131

Finger Lickerin' Good
I thought it had a better story along with better characters / villains than the psp titles, especially chains of olympus which has a pretty generic story. I also liked the irony in its story. ( Orkos telling kratos that ares wanted the perfect warrior to destroy olympus which kratos does so in gow3. )

It's also my 3rd most favourite gow game.

It's a great game to play, I'll maintain that, but I just can't feel anything about the story. My top three are
God of War (PS4)
Ghost of Sparta
God of War II

Ascension and Chains of Olympus sit at the bottom, with Olympus only just higher than Ascension.

I play The Blackout Club (PS4) and need to write a review of it at monday when the embargo lifts. Sadly I have to play it alone since I can't get anyone to play it with me.

Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known As Mr. $miley
Binging the Phoenix Wright games. Finished Trials and Tribulations on Switch. Now onto Apollo Justice for 3DS.

It's a great game to play, I'll maintain that, but I just can't feel anything about the story. My top three are
God of War (PS4)
Ghost of Sparta
God of War II

Ascension and Chains of Olympus sit at the bottom, with Olympus only just higher than Ascension.

I’m still angry at myself with GOW (PS4)
Played it a bit then didn’t ever have time to get back to it so I literally YouTubed it from work from where I left off and spoiled it.
I eventually went back to finishing it but I should’ve been more patient.

Last week i just played through Uncharted 2, nice game... I'm waiting for Daymare 1998 since It will be out soon (september 17th)

Bandage131

Finger Lickerin' Good
Last week i just played through Uncharted 2, nice game... I'm waiting for Daymare 1998 since It will be out soon (september 17th)

Still my favorite Uncharted, by far. 3, while still good with beautiful setpieces, takes the lowest place in my rankings.

Top Bottom