• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Voice Actors

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
What are your favourite voice actors in the re franchise?

My top 5 would be:

1. Roger craig smith

2. Alyson court

3. Eden riegel

4. Matthew mercer

5. Dc douglas

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
- Patricia Ja Lee and Catherine Disher as Jill Valentine
-Alyson Court as Claire Redfield
-Sally Cahill and Courtenay Taylor as Ada Wong
-DC Douglas as Wesker
-Matt Mercer and Nick Apostolides as Leon S. Kennedy
-Roger Craig Smith as Chris Redfield

Gotta go with DC Douglas, he made Wesker infinitely more entertaining than he already was. Patricia Ja Lee is also the perfect Jill voice wise and I'm still aggravated that they replaced Alyson Court for Claire. I also miss Paul Mercier's Leon.

Roger Craig Smith for Chris overall, Michael Filipowich and Kevin Dorman for 90's era Chris.

Patricia Ja Lee for Jill Valentine, with Catherine Disher being 2nd. Kari Wahlgreen is a good voice for her as well.

Alyson Court for Claire always.

DC Douglas for Wesker.

Matt Mercer and Paul Mercier for Leon.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Roger Craig Smith as Chris, he just fits Chris! Both young and in his 30's.

DC Douglas as Albert Wesker, he just fits the character so well and I can't see someone else taking on this role.

Patricia Ja Lee as Jill, she brought new life to the character and how she expresses her emotions. Something about her voice just makes Jill sound so genuine.

Matt Mercer as Leon, he fits the character better than Paul in my opinion. He's the definitive Leon to me.

Alysson Court as Claire.

Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known As Mr. $miley
The Canadian talent that had been bringing life to these characters has created some of the most iconic performances since the English dubbing scene for Japanese anime. I really have to applaud my neighbors to the North for their portrayals. Especially in RE2, RE3 and Code Veronica. Alyson Court, Richard Waugh and Catherine Disher were amazing.

To give some credit to our LA talent I did enjoy Paul Mercier's portrayal of Leon in RE4. Was taken aback at first, but he really made the character his own.

The RE Remake 1 and 2 actors also get a thankless job. They don't sound like action or cartoon characters to give stand out moments from other games, but rather they bring real, ordinary deliveries that fit the tone of those games. They are part of what make those games spooky because a grounded interpretation brings vulnerability to the experience.

Jack Brand as Jack Baker, Sara Coates as Marguerite Baker, and Jesse Pimentel as Lucas Baker. The RE7 cast was generally outstanding.

DC Douglas and Richard Waugh as Albert Wesker.

Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn as Alex Wesker.

Roger Craig Smith as Chris Redfield.

Alyson Court as Claire Redfield.

Roger Craig Smith was my favorite Chris, far better than anyone before or after him in the role. RE5 has the best Chris of the franchise.

Paul Mercier for Leon, I think he did a great job for him on RE4, however, he wasn't as good in Darkside Chronicles and Degeneration.

Patricia Ja Lee and Catherine Disher were both great Jills, and I would say they are pretty much tied.

To me Alysson Court will never be replaced as Claire., and for Wesker, all voice actors aside from the one in the original are good.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
Leon: A tie between Paul Mercier and Matthew Mercer. Paul's best performance was in RE4 while Matt's best performance was in RE6.

Ada: Courtenay Taylor is best for me. Sally Cahill is pretty good as well, especially in RE4.

Sherry, Jake only had one appearance which was in RE6 and Troy Baker was awesome in it: Eden Riegel is best for me. As for her younger appearances, I prefer Laura Bailey ( who also voiced Helena in RE6. ) over the others.

Claire and Jill: For Claire, it's easily Alyson Court. Others don't really have the charm Alyson has. Alyson's best performance was in Darkside Chronicles IMO. For Jill, it's easily Catherine Disher. Patricia Ja Lee is decent but kinda lacks some of the charm Catherine has.

Chris: Roger Craig Smith easily. His best performance was in RE6 and he gave Chris great character development in that game. He was great in RE5 and Darkside Chronicles too. I like Micheal Filipowich a lot as well, his interactions with Claire was great in RECV.

For RE6; I like other voice actors / actresses as well.

For RE5; I like DC Douglas ( Best VA for Wesker. ) , Karen Dyer ( Sheva ) and T. J. Storm. ( Josh who is a LEGEND. )

Lastly; I like Leila Johnson who voiced Alexia in RECV. She made her sound intimidating in that game unlike in Darkside Chronicles where she sounded stupid IMO.

It looks like we all like Roger Craig Smith as Resident Evil 5 Chris as well as I do.

Alyson Court as Claire;

I don't know her name but it's the Resident Evil 3 (1999) Jill Valentine's voice.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Chris: Roger craig smith

Jill: Patricia ja lee

Claire: Alyson court

Leon: Matthew mercer

Ada: Courtenay taylor

Wesker: Dc douglas

Besides Paul Haddad, who else involved with the series has passed away? ?
The Resident Evil (1996) Chris Redfield voice actor died in a car accident sometime in early 2000's
There is Charlie which is alive (the live action sequence actor, but the in game voice actor was another guy, named Ramsay Scott McCulloch.)

Last edited:
Rika Fukami
Yūko Kaida
Ayumi Fujimura
Aoi Yūki
Yūsaku Yara
Pablo Kuntz
Jill BIO'96 (uncredited)
Sally Cahill
Barry Gjerde
Alyson Court
Paul Haddad
Patricia Ja Lee
Ali Hillis
Laura Bailey
Roger Craig Smith
Karen Dyer
Leila Johnson
Richard Waugh
Neil Kaplan
Michael Sorich

I could go on but I think this list is long enough.

Top Bottom