• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Games TLOU Online

Yama

Owner
It's no secret how much I adore TLOU, but one of the more underrated bits of the game was its Factions multiplayer. It's already been said by ND that the new TLOU multiplayer has outgrown its original scope. Leaks seem to think we'll be seeing a much more single player level of quality experience online with our friends, which is very appealing. As someone who has yearned for more Outbreak esque experiences for decades now, something as such with TLOU would be a dream come true. I'd expect original modes from Factions as well, but the main course something more in line with the leaks suggesting Division, Tarkov, etc. A world to explore PvEvP would be incredible with the level of detail ND has put into the series. Sony said it will have two unannounced live service games added by its 2022 fiscal year (March 2023) so there is a pretty solid shot it'll be a full fledged F2P TLOU Online.

2013_06_05_TLOU_MP_Reveal_960p.png

I'm so happy that the multiplayer experience is to become a fully fledged game. I did say that the universe can be expanded without just using Joel and Ellie. However, I do expect Abby and Lev to eventually return in possibly the third, "proper" entry, as I assume this other game is a canon side story which will be revolving around characters we haven't seen before.

Yama

Owner
I'm so happy that the multiplayer experience is to become a fully fledged game. I did say that the universe can be expanded without just using Joel and Ellie. However, I do expect Abby and Lev to eventually return in possibly the third, "proper" entry, as I assume this other game is a canon side story which will be revolving around characters we haven't seen before.
Indeed it can.

- As big as any of ND's single player games if not bigger
- Story
- Telling the story in a way unique to this game
- Brand new cast of characters
- San Francisco

Sounds insanely good.

Yeah. The developers with Naughty Dog pride themselves on quality. I'm also content knowing that they aren't remaking the first game as like a RE type remake, where everything can get changed, and ruined as a result. Because in all honesty, The Last of Us is fine as it is.

We don't need to see it remade without Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson.

Yama

Owner
Yeah. The developers with Naughty Dog pride themselves on quality. I'm also content knowing that they aren't remaking the first game as like a RE type remake, where everything can get changed, and ruined as a result. Because in all honesty, The Last of Us is fine as it is.

We don't need to see it remade without Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson.
Yeah, it's literally just the new engine with every scene re-worked from the ground up, but with the goal of achieving near 1:1 parity. There will be scenes and areas improved, but only where the original versions aspirations were held back by hardware limitations. We'll also see the newer gameplay engine and mechanics introduced which add so many layers to the game. It's going to be the first game but better, simply put, as every remake should be (but rarely is).

Somebody asked me on another forum if I would buy the multiplayer game full price.

Well, of course. It doesn't sound as if Naughty Dog plans on half-assing their project. I've always appreciated their attention to detail, so they can deliver products that are for the ages. Like, even with the first game not remastered, it's still a genuine classic. It's for a lot of people, in their top ten games list ever. There's not many games that have had that much effect on gamers. :D

But then you have the masses who say it's a "movie game" and just bash Sony. But Sony doesn't settle for some lazy title. The Last of Us games always have varied gameplay as well, so it's not like you're being forced to endure waves of repetitive fights, or whatever. It breaks up the monotony. So Naughty Dog is worth supporting, as they genuinely care about their storytelling talent. Mainstream or not.

Top Bottom