The user "russident" on here...

Well, I think Days Gone and other games like it, such as The Last of Us Part II, are better than any of the RE Engine era games. Come at me! ;)
I started Days Gone a few days ago, unfortunately, hadn't had much time to progress further initial stages yet since I was catching up on other games from the PS5 and Switch (too many games and not as much time to play them ).

And about others games you could open a topic about it and we will all discuss it if it's your thing, I just try to point here that for community to be better people have to loosen up a bit their preconceptions, being so uptight kind of negates the purpose of start open discussions with all fans in general old and new

Well, who would have thought that my actions would have such consequences. :confused:

I'm not sure I fully understand what I did wrong, that I deserve to be called a smug know-it-all. The only reason why I overreacted to all of your opinions and was annoying is because of the anger management issue, as the topics I discussed here are important to me. However, I have always tried and still try not to cross the line beyond which the opinion of another person is a reason to insult him. If you see me as some kind of energy vampire, then this is not true, because such episodes do not benefit me and are not something that I can really control.

Yes, I decided to leave this forum because I was aware of my problem and realized that there are hardly any people here with whom I have similar opinions, so staying here and constantly overreacting is a very bad prospect. If I can't change myself, it's better to just leave.

Yeah, I deleted my content as well. And I had a personal reason for making this decision. If this is my content, and the forum gives me the opportunity to delete it, why can't I take this chance? After all, I'm sure no one needs my texts and drawings here. Even mert20004, with whom I argued most of the time, still repeats the same arguments, so he is confident in his own words and does not need mine.

🤷‍♂️

Well, who would have thought that my actions would have such consequences. :confused:

I'm not sure I fully understand what I did wrong, that I deserve to be called a smug know-it-all. The only reason why I overreacted to all of your opinions and was annoying is because of the anger management issue, as the topics I discussed here are important to me. However, I have always tried and still try not to cross the line beyond which the opinion of another person is a reason to insult him. If you see me as some kind of energy vampire, then this is not true, because such episodes do not benefit me and are not something that I can really control.

Yes, I decided to leave this forum because I was aware of my problem and realized that there are hardly any people here with whom I have similar opinions, so staying here and constantly overreacting is a very bad prospect. If I can't change myself, it's better to just leave.

Yeah, I deleted my content as well. And I had a personal reason for making this decision. If this is my content, and the forum gives me the opportunity to delete it, why can't I take this chance? After all, I'm sure no one needs my texts and drawings here. Even mert20004, with whom I argued most of the time, still repeats the same arguments, so he is confident in his own words and does not need mine.

🤷‍♂️
Just do what is best for you Russident, if you don't feel good about posting here, its okay and if you are opting to post once in a while you are more than welcome by me at least.

There's a few people who were actually defending garbage like Operation Raccoon City on GameFAQs, as early as this morning. But I won't argue with them over what they said. They're entitled to their opinions.

Anyway, I hope people understand that I too am allowed to have an opinion. Or two. Or three.

Like, I may not particularly like the fact that Capcom does these strange first person games or bland remakes nowadays, but I am just one guy out of countless consumers who has a choice whether to buy their products or not, and preach what is on my mind. But I even stated in a lot of my videos, beforehand mind you, that people can play whatever they please. That's the unfortunate truth of being a gamer.

There's a few people who were actually defending garbage like Operation Raccoon City on GameFAQs, as early as this morning. But I won't argue with them over what they said. They're entitled to their opinions.

Anyway, I hope people understand that I too am allowed to have an opinion. Or two. Or three.

Like, I may not particularly like the fact that Capcom does these strange first person games or bland remakes nowadays, but I am just one guy out of countless consumers who has a choice whether to buy their products or not, and preach what is on my mind. But I even stated in a lot of my videos, beforehand mind you, that people can play whatever they please. That's the unfortunate truth of being a gamer.

Sure everyone can have an opinion, whats is wrong Is when people expect that due to their own experiences they became the ultimate game reviewer (TM).where their opinion is the only one that matters ( that's why forums can reach toxic levels sometimes but If all people don't get too over their heads) and when I say all, that surely includes me... and you know, I've come to even look into games I wasn't the biggest fan before because there's always a comment from someone somewhere that highlights something I wasn't aware of regarding such and such, that's even the case with RE 6.

And if someone likes to be more acid when commenting about a game sometimes I try not to judge, as long as people don't take things to an extreme on boards, or do personal attacks to others members I think there's no real issue.
But if there is a passive aggressiviness lingering it can be fueling fires that are unnecessary to community interactions.

Its just that it's not my cup of tea to be knee deep into gaming discussion nowadays, but I can certainly see the appeal for most gamers.

There's also a few of the smug know-it-alls who run the RE Wikia and other sites like Project Umbrella. Christ, they're insufferable too.
:eek:

I have to agree that the RE community, by in large, is quite toxic. All it consists of is old school fans who hate on anything modern, rabid Wesker fans who want him to come back and keep on insisting that he return (even though Capcom has stated a million fucking times that he is dead and won't be coming back--EVER) and snooty know-it-all types who get all defensive over video game lore. Sometimes I kinda wish the series would just end so everyone can go to bed and stfu.
I think you undermine the point about others being defensive over video game lore with the preceding comment about Wesker. Why so hyperbolically defensive that some people want something or dare to speculate, particularly over hints CAPCOM drop themselves? Do you have a million sources for the "dead and never coming back" comments? I don't understand the logic, it seems to be entirely subjective.

I don't even want him back personally, but it's pretty funny to see the rage it garners, especially after stories like BIO6, BIO7 and REV2 that are already really stretching.

Top Bottom