• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Revelations The Resident Evil they keep Remaking... (And It's not RE4)

Even though I feel like Capcom may not remake CV, I also kind of half expect that they will get around to it. I know Capcom is basically just rehashing all their old games for money, so I think everybody will eventually "force" Capcom into it, because I reckon they wouldn't want to make themselves look bad by only remaking the action heavy games. But I think RE5 is bound to be their next bet. I just know...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Even though I feel like Capcom may not remake CV, I also kind of half expect that they will get around to it. I know Capcom is basically just rehashing all their old games for money, so I think everybody will eventually "force" Capcom into it, because I reckon they wouldn't want to make themselves look bad by only remaking the action heavy games. But I think RE5 is bound to be their next bet. I just know...
I feel the same way. If recv would be produced on re engine, then ı think they might cut corners along with pointless changes like they did with re2-3r. Since re4 is much more action oriented game with a more popular fandom, of course they would put more effort into its re engine interpretation than re2-3r. If re5 would be done on re engine, then it's possible that it might still receive more effort than re2-3r though ı'm not sure if it would receive more than re4 since it's more popularly hated on the internet than re4. There's a good chance that they might get wesker and plaga faithful to re4r while changing every other aspect, they might even write chris in a way that would make him look more similar to his interpretations in re7 and revillage.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
LambHoot's videos are great.
I agree. I was 1st introduced to his channel with his re6 video. Despite not liking the title of his video, ı still enjoyed it cause it was quite entertaining to watch. Here he even references the game at the end by calling it " ahead of its time " as well as " masterpiece " . That was one of the reasons why ı even decided to share the video here in the 1st place.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I found this review too.

Yeah ı know her views about the game too. I didnt watch her long review about the game since ı didnt play it at the time but checking the conclusion part of this video quick, she seems to think the same way as me, in this case, ada appearing in a new game story set after re6 along with this " remake bandwagon " stopping in the process. I still cant believe people want more " remakes " , after enjoying re4r due to ada and wesker's relationship getting the development they deserve as a way to tie to re5 and re6 more, ı would prefer this " remake " hype train to stop once and for all. I think the new game stories should receive the same amount of care and treatment re4r got instead.

I am also tired of remakes. Even if they turn out good, they aren't new storylines whatsoever. They are separate pieces of canon that sometimes even contradict the genuine canon that's already been put out there.

I keep thinking we could get a new Revelations with Barry or Rebecca. Or even some characters we haven't seen in years, such as Billy or Sheva. I would rather have something worth a damn like that. But instead, they seem to have gotten stuck on where to proceed, and you can tell they make up things as they go along now. Like for example, Chris being a pawn with this blue Umbrella, or leaving the BSAA because he got mad at them, and founded this Hound Wolf Squad.

Why time jump and not resolve that plot point? It just doesn't add up. It made me not particularly enjoy the RE8 side story with Rosemary all grown up, as I was more interested in knowing why the company used bioweapons. We just know from the ending that Chris is alive, but this is revealed in the distant future. So maybe he becomes Rosemary's adoptive father. And maybe he retires. I don't know.

But Jesus, Capcom. You sure do know how to keep people confused.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I am also tired of remakes. Even if they turn out good, they aren't new storylines whatsoever. They are separate pieces of canon that sometimes even contradict the genuine canon that's already been put out there.

I keep thinking we could get a new Revelations with Barry or Rebecca. Or even some characters we haven't seen in years, such as Billy or Sheva. I would rather have something worth a damn like that. But instead, they seem to have gotten stuck on where to proceed, and you can tell they make up things as they go along now. Like for example, Chris being a pawn with this blue Umbrella, or leaving the BSAA because he got mad at them, and founded this Hound Wolf Squad.

Why time jump and not resolve that plot point? It just doesn't add up. It made me not particularly enjoy the RE8 side story with Rosemary all grown up, as I was more interested in knowing why the company used bioweapons. We just know from the ending that Chris is alive, but this is revealed in the distant future. So maybe he becomes Rosemary's adoptive father. And maybe he retires. I don't know.

But Jesus, Capcom. You sure do know how to keep people confused.
Those are interesting points. I still want ada to appear in a new game story set after re6 with lily gao voicing her in the process. It may not happen due to the unfair harassment lily gao received but ı still want it to happen. I think both chris and leon need a break, especially after them appearing in many stories released after re6 for so much. Leon also comes back to cgi films but still no new game stories where re6 is the last one in that aspect for him too.

Top Bottom