• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Virus The Mold

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Idk if ı asked this question before but can ı ask why eveline isnt ( or doesnt want to ) controlling zoe like the other baker family members excluding lucas?

Idk if ı asked this question before but can ı ask why eveline isnt ( or doesnt want to ) controlling zoe like the other baker family members excluding lucas?
Either she wants a sister who isn't just a puppet (like Mia), or doesn't care as much about having a sister and isn't interested in her. Eveline's "family" wasn't complete yet: she going to make Mia her mother, Jack or Ethan her father, Clancy her brother, and maybe Zoe her sister.

Poor ER, hahaha! After such tense threads, it's no wonder why he cut ties with almost everyone except PU.

A big part of why I love RE7 in the first place is because it is a good mystery that leaves things open. so the player can piece things together, and the pieces certainly fit.

This.

For me personally, mold is one of the most interesting and well-written pathogens in the entire series. There's nothing wrong with someone finding it confusing, because you really need to dive into these games to connect the dots, but sometimes it seems to me that fans don't even try, but rather use the storytelling technique as a kind of "rotten tomato" to throw them into "bad" games.

ER was one of those rare fans who enjoyed the series for what it is. He was interested in this world and its knowledge, so he tried to reach them. He didn't have any complexes and resentments that he projected on these games. The series was not a resource for his ego.

This is a monstrously rare quality among fans of any community.

Poor ER, hahaha! After such tense threads, it's no wonder why he cut ties with almost everyone except PU.

This.

For me personally, mold is one of the most interesting and well-written pathogens in the entire series. There's nothing wrong with someone finding it confusing, because you really need to dive into these games to connect the dots, but sometimes it seems to me that fans don't even try, but rather use the storytelling technique as a kind of "rotten tomato" to throw them into "bad" games.

ER was one of those rare fans who enjoyed the series for what it is. He was interested in this world and its knowledge, so he tried to reach them. He didn't have any complexes and resentments that he projected on these games. The series was not a resource for his ego.

I'm blushing, haha

FYI, to anyone, the original post here is full of wrong information. Back when I wrote this, our understanding of the Mold was very limited. So take it with a grain of salt, lol

The biggest thing we know for sure now, although admittedly it was mentioned before in 7, is that the mold doesn't just mutate people. It eats them, and then uses their genetic information to replicate them. So almost all mold creatures are made of mold.

Look who's back, hahaha!

Fungus.jpg

Yeah, I remember how we both thought that mold removes segregation between different cells, similar to how the genetically modified parasite Plaga does it. Wierd times.

It is neat, however, that the ability of fungi to bind together and form structures resembling the nervous structures of humans is a real thing in nature.

Today I discovered the writer Volkhv Bogumil, who has written a series of works about Slavic myths, which include the study of sources about Chernobog and attempts to reconstruct myths about this Slavic god of evil and misfortune.

I don't have the opportunity to buy these books yet, but I read the demo and it rang the bell for me.

According to his reconstruction, and he treats it as such, Chernobog refers to a dualistic myth, that is, the myth of the universe as a unity of opposite phenomena, such as good and evil, light and darkness, etc.

In this context, the dark demiurge is either the co-creator of life together with the White God, Belobog, or the sole creator. But this role of the co-creator was belittled with the influence of Christian mythology.

Bogumil wrote that the Black God is associated with inaction, for which Russian and Ukrainian sources blame the Devil, because he is trapped. Thus Chernobog is removed from the world and is not directly involved in the history of mankind.

But being the lord of the afterlife, the demiurge takes the souls of deceased people, and also influences people of progress, such as scientists and pioneers, and his servants, such as witches, in order to increase entropy and thus bring the end of time closer, when Chernobog will be able to break out of imprisonment to erase the world for its next renewal.

"Scientists, fanatical and insane, like Chernobog, are driven by tireless curiosity, a desire to do something new, to change the world for the better. Yes, it is they who will destroy the world, all in exact accordance with the plans of the Black God: they will release an unkillable virus, create another weapon of universal destruction, they will be able to reproduce a black hole in laboratory conditions… You never know what. There are almost an infinite number of options. This will be a real, myth-described, solemn or triumphant exit from the captivity of Chernobog, the beginning of the end…"

This is so ominously in tune with the story that Resident Evil Village tells, that if this is a coincidence, then one of the most amazing for sure.

UPD: Chernobog is also present in the Persona series:

Chernobog.png

Just look at this fungal design. 🍄

Last edited:
Today I discovered the writer Volkhv Bogumil, who has written a series of works about Slavic myths, which include the study of sources about Chernobog and attempts to reconstruct myths about this Slavic god of evil and misfortune.

I don't have the opportunity to buy these books yet, but I read the demo and it rang the bell for me.

According to his reconstruction, and he treats it as such, Chernobog refers to a dualistic myth, that is, the myth of the universe as a unity of opposite phenomena, such as good and evil, light and darkness, etc.

In this context, the dark demiurge is either the co-creator of life together with the White God, Belobog, or the sole creator. But this role of the co-creator was belittled with the influence of Christian mythology.

Bogumil wrote that the Black God is associated with inaction, for which Russian and Ukrainian sources blame the Devil, because he is trapped. Thus Chernobog is removed from the world and is not directly involved in the history of mankind.

But being the lord of the afterlife, the demiurge takes the souls of deceased people, and also influences people of progress, such as scientists and pioneers, and his servants, such as witches, in order to increase entropy and thus bring the end of time closer, when Chernobog will be able to break out of imprisonment to erase the world for its next renewal.

"Scientists, fanatical and insane, like Chernobog, are driven by tireless curiosity, a desire to do something new, to change the world for the better. Yes, it is they who will destroy the world, all in exact accordance with the plans of the Black God: they will release an unkillable virus, create another weapon of universal destruction, they will be able to reproduce a black hole in laboratory conditions… You never know what. There are almost an infinite number of options. This will be a real, myth-described, solemn or triumphant exit from the captivity of Chernobog, the beginning of the end…"

This is so ominously in tune with the story that Resident Evil Village tells, that if this is a coincidence, then one of the most amazing for sure.

UPD: Chernobog is also present in the Persona series:

View attachment 2011

Just look at this fungal design. 🍄
No such thing as a coincidence. Don't rob yourself of your ability to make and acknowledge interesting connections.

As somebody who sees the clear real-world references to globalist freemasonry committing eugenicide within the Resident Evil series - another "myth" (not really), I appreciate this discovery, and will be looking into it further. The "Black God" mentioning at the end of the Village DLC did lead me to believe there was something more to it as it was a bit out of place, possibly with a reference to something deeper with the world's occult underpinnings, both in and out of fiction.

Our devils reside in the microbiome.

Our media tells us more than we realize.

Incredible find. This is what the true lore of Resident Evil / Biohazard is about. Thank you.

Last edited:

This.

You're speaking my language. I read a few posts up after commenting on your last, and I'm happy to know I'm not as "rare" as I once thought when it came to knowing what this series was really about. Capcom's understanding of the mold, its connection to humans and consciousness, etc... is partially what drew me back into the series after the gameplay and narrative travesties that were 5 and 6 that didn't handle their material with any nuance or subtly or care for storytelling and artistic integrity.

Fans that either ignore or are just ignorant to the real life mechanics of these microorganisms are missing out on a HUGE chunk of the series which to me, its true intentions lie. Same goes for the occult aspects. We throw the baby out with the bathwater when we chalk up the story and characters of Resident Evil to just being silly of-the-time written dialogue, creative fictional liberties and horrible mid-series sequels, while glazing over the subtext of what I believe these creators intended for us to find were we to look deeper, whether they'll ever admit it or not.

I don't find a lot of the RE fandom to be properly informed. Many of them are constantly on the surface, which is probably why I find a lot of their takes and opinions on the series in the forum communities to suck. I suppose that's where awareness through education comes in through these conversations and sharing of information. Those willing to make those connections to its true source material alongside their own mental expansion really get the authentic RE experience, here.

Last edited:
Incredible find. This is what the true lore of Resident Evil / Biohazard is about. Thank you.
Thank you very much as well! It means a lot.

The "Black God" mentioning at the end of the Village DLC did lead me to believe there was something more to it as it was a bit out of place, possibly with a reference to something deeper with the world's occult underpinnings, both in and out of fiction.
I'm not sure exactly how long ago this happened, but fans from Project Umbrella who translate stuff first discovered the mention of the Black God (黒き神) in the main campaign of the Japanese version. The first mention can be found on Eva's grave, and the other one is through Miranda's mouth. After all, she mentions Chernobog in the English version too, but as a "dark god", which, I believe, is not a contradiction.

I think a lot of the religious connotation was overlooked by the fans. For example, the Giant's Chalice in the Japanese version is named 聖杯, which is the way the Japanese language refers to the Holy Grail. And I've already seen how the knowledge of this bit served as fuel for speculation about why Spencer went to explore the village in the first place.

Or, for example, how the four lords reflect the Four Evangelists. This is something that becomes especially noticeable if the player pays attention to some icons in the village, where Miranda and Eva are depicted in the center of the quatrefoil, and the coats of arms of bloodlines are depicted in the icon corners. This is the canonical composition of Jesus and the Four Evangelists in Christian culture. And Miranda, respectively, is a prophet of the Black God, like the God Hand from Berserk or Barker's Spencer/Pinhead.

Obviously, since the cult was founded by figures of the Italian Renaissance, its dogma was influenced by Christian culture. Chernobog, like the Devil, is considered a demiurge of religious dualism, so such a belief left by the Slavs (Svetlana's soldiers from Damnation were also named after Chernobog, by the way) is not difficult to recontextualize. After all, even when ancient Russia was baptized, Chernobog continued to live as Saint Kasyan.

Although the cult was still considered heretics, judging by the file in the stronghold. I imagine that some practices, such as sacrifice, could still seem wild and even barbaric to them.

We remember from the game that both Leonardo and Eugen sacrificed goats to Miranda, but they eventually became Lycans. This reminded me of Peter Albin's chronicle from 1590, in which it is written that the Slavs understood that Chernobog was the lord of evil and misfortune, so they tried to reconcile him. Miranda inoculated people with mold, thanks to which they were cured, but gradually turned into monsters, so maybe, since the villagers saw mold through the prism of mystical thinking, they could believe that Chernobog and Miranda could be reconciled, thus avoiding the punishment of being corrupted. After all, it's consonant with the idea of a scapegoat as well.

However, I was just glad that the DLC paid more attention to dogma, including mentioning the Black God directly in the English file, haha!

Thank you very much as well! It means a lot.

I'm not sure exactly how long ago this happened, but fans from Project Umbrella who translate stuff first discovered the mention of the Black God (黒き神) in the main campaign of the Japanese version. The first mention can be found on Eva's grave, and the other one is through Miranda's mouth. After all, she mentions Chernobog in the English version too, but as a "dark god", which, I believe, is not a contradiction.

I think a lot of the religious connotation was overlooked by the fans. For example, the Giant's Chalice in the Japanese version is named 聖杯, which is the way the Japanese language refers to the Holy Grail. And I've already seen how the knowledge of this bit served as fuel for speculation about why Spencer went to explore the village in the first place.

Or, for example, how the four lords reflect the Four Evangelists. This is something that becomes especially noticeable if the player pays attention to some icons in the village, where Miranda and Eva are depicted in the center of the quatrefoil, and the coats of arms of bloodlines are depicted in the icon corners. This is the canonical composition of Jesus and the Four Evangelists in Christian culture. And Miranda, respectively, is a prophet of the Black God, like the God Hand from Berserk or Barker's Spencer/Pinhead.

Obviously, since the cult was founded by figures of the Italian Renaissance, its dogma was influenced by Christian culture. Chernobog, like the Devil, is considered a demiurge of religious dualism, so such a belief left by the Slavs (Svetlana's soldiers from Damnation were also named after Chernobog, by the way) is not difficult to recontextualize. After all, even when ancient Russia was baptized, Chernobog continued to live as Saint Kasyan.

Although the cult was still considered heretics, judging by the file in the stronghold. I imagine that some practices, such as sacrifice, could still seem wild and even barbaric to them.

We remember from the game that both Leonardo and Eugen sacrificed goats to Miranda, but they eventually became Lycans. This reminded me of Peter Albin's chronicle from 1590, in which it is written that the Slavs understood that Chernobog was the lord of evil and misfortune, so they tried to reconcile him. Miranda inoculated people with mold, thanks to which they were cured, but gradually turned into monsters, so maybe, since the villagers saw mold through the prism of mystical thinking, they could believe that Chernobog and Miranda could be reconciled, thus avoiding the punishment of being corrupted. After all, it's consonant with the idea of a scapegoat as well.

However, I was just glad that the DLC paid more attention to dogma, including mentioning the Black God directly in the English file, haha!
I'd like to look deeper and give a more proper response surrounding this subject and what you've already mentioned, but here's something somebody connected to fungus within the Elden Ring lore and plotline. Very interesting these big budget Japanese games involve this sort of subject. I wonder if the "Black God" connection can be made somewhere within that game, too. Highly recommend to watch this video.

EDIT: Only a few minutes after posting this am I remembering and realizing that the final boss of Elden Ring is literally -
A BLACK GOD.

Holy shit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom