• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Games The Last of Us Part II

Yama

Owner
I'm beyond hyped for this game. The trailer is absolutely incredible, it's perfect in every way. Managed to snag an Ellie edition despite selling out in under a few minutes, literally took two hours of adding to the cart failures and then some. My only disappointment that day was no multiplayer, but they addressed it that night and it seems it'll be down the line and standalone thus even bigger. Any disappointment in regards to that turned into excitement with that statement, I'm fully satisfied and can't believe it's only months away.

Yama

Owner
And we’re delayed. ?‍♂️

No literal worries, just odd how they waited so long to announce the release date to avoid this exact scenario.

There was fan speculation that Naughty Dog wanted to release it around Mother's Day. But this is coming out in May, so I don't think this is the case. ?

Use this thread to discuss the game in general without posting spoilers.

I am looking forward to the game. It looks incredible. People should only judge it after they've played it themselves.

I am sure we will be getting a quality game. You know? Naughty Dog spent years developing the game. I think they care about the product. I hope Capcom can kind of get back to their level of greatness someday.

I hope everything I watched and read is false, but I won’t be buying this unless the game debunks all the leaks and can separate itself from the identity politics that are plaguing the entertainment industry.

I won’t support a product made from hypocrisy.

Yama

Owner
Finished The Last of Us Part II last night and I can sincerely say that was one of the greatest forms of entertainment irregardless of medium.

Atmospherically, artistically and emotionally this game is crafted with such care it’s quite literally AAAA. The story comes full circle and leaves you emotionally spent.

Having gamed forever I have so much nostalgia for series, TLOU challenged it all. TLOU2 pushed the envelope even further and I can honestly say is my favorite game of all time.

I've contributed to the official Fandom. ?

One of the most honest reviews I came across.

Personally tho, I won’t be supporting this game due to the unethical decisions made by Naughty Dog and the fact they tried shutting down many youtubers for sharing an opinion on the game before it came out.

Over 70% of the staff was either fired or quit over the ideological changes made to their storytelling and creative decisions. I do not like Niel or Anita Sarkessian for botching this story. Like CohhCarnage said above, I wish I could love it, but I can’t.

At first, I felt so sad after the ending. My sorrow has waned a bit. While I can see why people got upset, it is a horror game and the world is brutal. So people get too attached to the story and when something bad happens, they assume the developers had it in for him, or her. Kind of feels like a lot of fans discredited the game fully, over the plot alone, when it's otherwise amazingly well created.

Top Bottom