• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Other Silent Hill 2's success

Yama

Owner
IMG_1614.JPG

OT, but has anyone tried it out yet? I personally had it pre-ordered, but am away from home this week, going to get into it when back. I am however pretty pleasantly surprised to see a game stick to such a classic formula with a fresh coat of paint and be as well received as it is. Perhaps we're seeing a renaissance within the genre atm.

My copy is arriving today via Amazon, but 93% of critics so far have gave the remake positive feedback. This is a great indicator that Konami's franchise is safe from being axed. 👌

But of course, it is not without its haters either.

Best Buy was good to me and I received my copy 4 days early on Saturday. Been playing it off and on since (juggling Dragon Ball Sparking! Zero, social life and work) but I'm about halfway through the hospital. The atmosphere is superb and Bloober really nailed it. To be honest, I had my doubts based off some of the early trailers and the fact that it was Bloober doing it but so far I'm very impressed. It's clear they understood the assignment.

I was never a huge Silent Hill fan (RE always surpassed it for me) but aside from only playing through 1, Homecoming and Shattered Memories when I was younger, I didn't have a lot of experience with 2. I own SH2 on PS2 and every time I tried to boot it up, I always just lost interest once I got to the apartments. I finally sat down and played through 2 and 3 in their entirety two years ago and ended up getting the platinum (HD collection sucks I know, but I am a trophy whore) because I enjoyed them so much. I still remember my play through quite vividly so going through this with the OG Silent Hill 2 still kinda fresh in my mind has been a treat.

I'm in the apartments, and have seen Laura kicking away the key. It's very easy to get lost. It's so damn dark. I also spent a while finding glue and two halves of a broken record because I didn't notice the music shop with all the evading the monsters. 😵

The record is called "Mert loves RE6 - Come @ me." ;)

OK. Joking. 🤣

I have no idea where to go now. I had to look through a hole in a wardrobe, but I am not sure what to do next. 🏃‍♂️

Top Bottom