The man who killed Albert Wesker
Everything Dusk Golem wrote at twitter and Era these past few days sounds great.
- started as a full on sequel after 7 was released, became Rev 3 alter because of how different it is as RE, after very positive feedback brought back as 8
- Stars Ethan and Chris (may change), Rebecca was there at sme point too, but sadly got cut
- Game features entirely new, unprecendent rogue galery such as Beast man (werewolf like creature), witch acting like a stalker enemy
- zombie like enemies in suit of armor, with swords (think Skyrim I guess)
- set in eastern European, snowy country - village and castle are so far confirmed
Seems like a fairly big departure for a RE game and I'm sure some will say "it's not RE" just like some still says about RE7, but fuck 'em. Those people doesn't deserve to be heard with such a bullshit takes. RE is at it's best when it doesn't afraid to take a bolt new action. If every RE played the same, this series would die after Zero...
Disclaimer I trust Dusk. I know the guy well and I know he's not bullshiter. Some things just change during course of development so sometimes he ends up being wrong. Anyone who has just a basic knowledge of development knows this. And btw his Silent Hill scoop still stands and Konami only called bullshit on Sony buying Konami's IPs which didn't came from Dusk, that was just some asshole piggybacking on Dusk's info.
Doesn't sound like a big departure to me, I like what I've been reading about it, especially the setting.
He also clarified me the Chris redesign thing, it is still Dandy but according to him they incorporated his RE5 design into Dandy to make him look more like Chris.
I'm looking forward to RE8.
Dusk Golem also said that CODE: Veronica Remake's biggest chance to start development is after the team gets done with RE8 (2021). Capcom just released a survey in which they ask if we would buy more Remakes among other things.
I suggest everyone here to give it a go.