• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Revelations Revelations General Discussion

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Rerev credits.jpeg

Gonna repost this here. What does " chief script writer " even mean? Does it mean dai sato was the one leading up the writing team from storyriders co ltd which seems to be credited for the script? There are also naruki nagakawa and muga takeda where they are also credited as script writers. What did they do exactly, did they help dai sato during the writing?

With REvelations 2, you at least have a BioHazard: RE game to play as Claire Redfield in co-op multiplayer while puzzle solving, exploration, and even over-the-shoulder combat🎮

Even though I'm still working on a BioHazard 1 fan REmake in Unreal Engine 4, I'll take pages from REvelations 2 to work on a BioHazard 2 fan REmake too🧠👨‍💻

View attachment 2096

Gonna repost this here. What does " chief script writer " even mean? Does it mean dai sato was the one leading up the writing team from storyriders co ltd which seems to be credited for the script? There are also naruki nagakawa and muga takeda where they are also credited as script writers. What did they do exactly, did they help dai sato during the writing?

My assumption is that depending on how many script writers they hire, they will even hire a sub-team of script writers within the videogame development team. In that circumstance, they hire a Chief Script Writer.

I hope we get a Revelations 3 about Barry's family, that could star Claire again or Moira. I fear they may kill Barry off because of his age, to make a revenge story involving Natalia aka Alex, like Ellie and Abby, but they go through with killing Natalia reluctantly if they cannot undo the possession.

They're kind of copying The Last of Us anyway.

Barry is one of the iconic characters who has been there since the beginning. Although I think Capcom doesn't like taking any risks. But with everybody pulling through every mission, it gets to be too predictable. Too cheesy. Devoid of terror. That's not really survival horror to me. They're too powerful in this day of age. 🏋️‍♂️ 🏋️‍♀️

If you think about it, villains just mutate. They then temporarily cause mayhem. Nothing impactful really happens. But Alex is the sister of Albert. That has to mean something, surely.

Take those high risks. It's long overdue. 🦠

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
20230510142621_1.jpg

20230510142812_1.jpg

I also took these screenshots for rerev2. Multiple people are credited as writers. Though ı dont understand the " management " part, what did daichi kagawa even do exactly? Dai sato is credited as head scriptwriter so wouldnt he manage the script writing instead?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
My assumption is that depending on how many script writers they hire, they will even hire a sub-team of script writers within the videogame development team. In that circumstance, they hire a Chief Script Writer.
Makes sense. Though ı dont understand why they couldnt hire suga for the writing teams of these games. They take place in 2005 / 2011 respectively, the exact same years where degeneration and damnation take place and suga worked at those. Was his role limited to scripts that feature leon?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

This is an interview ı found. The statement that caught my attention is " We had online co-op for the story campaign up and running in the early stages of development, but feedback from testing indicated that single-player Resident Evil was scarier, so we left it out and focused our attention on improving the single-player survival horror experience. " .

This doesnt make sense to me. What's even the point of adding partners to the story if they wouldnt be playable nor it would feature online coop? Even before re engine, capcom was trying to please " Too much action, not enough horror! " criticisms for re5 and re6 with rerev games. Apparently this is the excuse for rerev games not featuring online during their stories. It's like they completely forget outbreak games and how they featured online coop for their stories and you could even play them without any partners. There was a lot of options at those games and ı think re5 and especially re6 bring back those options just fine.

Still cant stand to those action / horror debates as well as canon debates. They are so boring and repetitive.

I have to admit I forget these games existed. And I finished the second one! There's just something weirdly lacking about it all, maybe a low budget effect of that whole dark period of episodic gaming. Or that time RE5 was being copied over and over. But without the finesse in terms of animation and gameplay polish. It was all just so brown and drab too. Is the first one worth it?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I have to admit I forget these games existed. And I finished the second one! There's just something weirdly lacking about it all, maybe a low budget effect of that whole dark period of episodic gaming. Or that time RE5 was being copied over and over. But without the finesse in terms of animation and gameplay polish. It was all just so brown and drab too. Is the first one worth it?
I think you should play it if you liked the 2nd game. Just like rerev2 as well as re engine games, it returns to a more explorative horror oriented approach, nakanishi even returns to re7 after it.

I'd be very excited if they announced Revelations 3. There's many characters I am deeply curious about.

I want to know what happened to Billy Coen after the events of RE0. He's just for starters. There's also Natalia.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'd be very excited if they announced Revelations 3. There's many characters I am deeply curious about.

I want to know what happened to Billy Coen after the events of RE0. He's just for starters. There's also Natalia.
I dont think he will ever return. They considered him for infinite darkness but scrapped the idea. They also seem to consider adding sheva into vendetta but this idea was also scrapped in favor of adding rebecca to the movie. Personally ı think sheva being in vendetta would have been more interesting than rebecca since she already appeared in the stage so featuring her again where she gets captured and needs to be saved ( In the stage, she gets captured shortly but escapes by herself. ) feels unnecessary.

If rerev3 will even happen, ı would prefer it to be a sequel to re6 storywise but chances are it would be filling the gaps between re7 and revillage instead. The bloated hatred bandwagon for re6 depresses me immensely and turns me off from the future of the series. I wished the game ended the series back in 2012 cause it would have been the best place to do so.

I get the feeling RE fans don't like Chris as much as Leon, but I think that's because they took a shine to RE4 and never looked back. So many people are never concerned about how many times Capcom changes Chris, but Leon looks the same.

Hey, I don't dislike Leon. He's popular. But Chris is a day one protagonist alongside Jill. The holy bible of RE personnel.

In fact, in the intro where they're in the tall grass before the dogs chase them, I think either Chris or Jill were the first character you see in that live action sequence. It's been ages since I seen it. 😶

But RE4 will remain the most overrated game of all time in the franchise, and it shows. 😁

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I get the feeling RE fans don't like Chris as much as Leon, but I think that's because they took a shine to RE4 and never looked back. So many people are never concerned about how many times Capcom changes Chris, but Leon looks the same.

Hey, I don't dislike Leon. He's popular. But Chris is a day one protagonist alongside Jill. The holy bible of RE personnel.

In fact, in the intro where they're in the tall grass before the dogs chase them, I think either Chris or Jill were the first character you see in that live action sequence. It's been ages since I seen it. 😶

But RE4 will remain the most overrated game of all time in the franchise, and it shows. 😁
I never liked character rivalries that much either. Both chris and leon are skilled operatives and despite their flaws, they get their job done at the end of their entries. Personally ı always liked their reunion in re6 and would have preferred more character reunions like that for different pairs. Jill and claire are among them and ı'm glad it's happening in death island but ı still wished they reunited jill, claire and ada in a single entry without chris and leon.

Last edited:
Have you guys noticed that every other gaming forum is practically devoid of activity today? LOL. But at least the members here generally agree that the franchise needs some improvement. :D

I don't think they'll be going back to slower paced horror gameplay either. I think as long as the primary characters keep getting used, characters will only lose their gear during puzzle or enemy evasion type situations, albeit pretty briefly.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I don't think they'll be going back to slower paced horror gameplay either. I think as long as the primary characters keep getting used, characters will only lose their gear during puzzle or enemy evasion type situations, albeit pretty briefly.
If by " slower paced horror gameplay " , are you trying to refer to returning to fixed camera angled style? Before outbreak games? If so, no ı dont think that will happen at all. They return to a more slower approach compared to re5 and re6 cause one of the criticisms for them is " too much action " despite it being the point for those games, something that even started with re2 and continued with re3, recv, dead aim and re4 even before those 2 games. Idk if it's even possible to make an even more actionized sequel than re6, after that game, it feels like they run out of story budget hence ucorps / re engine direction as a way to start a new " revelations " series or something. Ucorps was directed by yasuhiro seto who previously worked on rerev2 and he later returns to some re engine games. Re7 was directed by koshi nakanishi who worked on rerev but ı still have no idea why he didnt return for revillage.

Well, the Revelations games have a fabulous balance of both action and horror. They should do that more often, but I think since 4, the games have predominantly shifted to action. I think even 6 was better at doing horror than 4 and 5 were, and was therefore the only action focused RE game that has identifiable aspects, from all of the mainline entries prior to 4.

Basically, a city, zombies, and an emphasis on Umbrella all featured in 6. It doesn't sound as forced as the references in 4 and 5, but 4 in particular.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Well, the Revelations games have a fabulous balance of both action and horror. They should do that more often, but I think since 4, the games have predominantly shifted to action. I think even 6 was better at doing horror than 4 and 5 were, and was therefore the only action focused RE game that has identifiable aspects, from all of the mainline entries prior to 4.

Basically, a city, zombies, and an emphasis on Umbrella all featured in 6. It doesn't sound as forced as the references in 4 and 5, but 4 in particular.
Rather than capcom wasting time with ucorps and re engine makes, they could have continued rerev series by following much more from re6's loose ends as well as mix action-horror in the same way it's done in rerev2 particularly. And yeah suga embraced sugimura's story roots very well in re6, ı wished it was done earlier with iwao and sugimura teaming up after the 1st game. That way it's possible the series could have ended much more earlier and both mikami and sugimura would have achieved what they wanted after all.

I think all three eras are their own thing, really, with references for the sake of there being a link. Almost like reboots where there's a veiled connection to make the continuity still be there. Not that it particularly matters.

I don't think Capcom has a clue, but I don't think they want to further the story from 6 because while it sold well, it's a sequel that's generally detested for some reason. A pity, because I would have taken that as a natural continuation over what occurred in 7 and 8. Because 7 and 8 also feel like reboots. But very stupid ones.

OK. Not so much 7. I don't think it's amazing, but 7 was good at being a horror game. 8 was when they went back to copying RE4, onwards.

Top Bottom