• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Revelations Revelations 2 Claire Chapter 4 Translation

It really is frustrating how little of Alex's actual character is present in the English. As an avid Kafka fan, this is by far one of the best scenes in the series. There are so many layers subtly woven into it. No droning on about world domination. Just a mournful, scared, sick, dying woman who misses the only person who ever understood her and grew tired of her intellect and talents being exploited by an egomaniac desperately wanting her freedom. And Claire and Moira see and feel her humanity and feel sorry for her in spite of every cruel act she has committed, which just never happens in this series. It's a fitting respite from all the carnage.

Albert and alex werent artificially created like ashford twins.

That's not what I meant.

The world being afraid has nothing to do with conquering it. She expressed none of Spencer's desires and is not like Albert. She didn't even care about immortality, she just wanted a healthy body.

And none of this is true if you gave the game proper attention.

The point of Spencer, Albert and Alex was that they were aiming to cause an exponential viral infection, but their own mortality stood in the way, which they challenged in different ways:

For Spencer, even the slightest risk was not an option, as he desperately clung to his own life, so he died being human.

Albert was more desperate, so he risked everything, but the virus turned out to be unstable, so he needed to breed a new strain to achieve true immortality. Even before Resident Evil 5, his goal was to create a new order, he was just going to do it differently and through the resurrection of Umbrella.

In Alex's case, she did not view her immortality as something literal, but relied on how most of Kafka's works were published posthumously and, carrying the anxiety of his thoughts through decades, gave his image immortality. So she took Spencer's old ceremony technology and improved it to leave an engram.

Yes, Alex herself decided to become the best Greta for Albert, but what do you think she will do when she "returns" to the new title? Bake cookies? She's the same kind of maniac who wants to cause the apocalypse because she was designed that way. As much as both Albert and Alex hate Oswell, they are who they are because he wanted them to be.

And none of this is true if
All of it is true. Albert's path and Project W do not translate into Alex's character. Spencer's intentions for Alex are irrelevant, these were not even completely the same as his intentions for anyone else in the first place considering she was trusted with monitoring his experiments. He knew she was unique. And he only intended Albert to finish pursuing his goal when he knew his death was inevitable. It was his last act of desperation for some measure of control. He molded them to be ruled, not to rule. Albert only saw Umbrella as a cover. The point of Alex is she broke away from those intentions. What she would do afterwards is anyone's guess but there is nothing in REV2 to suggest that she was simply out to do the same thing Albert was. Your assumptions are baseless and your condescending sarcasm lacks wit.

Albert's path and Project W do not translate into Alex's character.

Not in the same way, no, but each of the Weskers has been selected and influenced by Spencer's ideas since childhood. Even without this project, many people in the company were devoted to its doctrine, so the series treats them as a whole "race", calling them "Umbrella people".

Albert only saw Umbrella as a cover.

No shit. Maybe that's why it's called Umbrella, huh?

The point of Alex is she broke away from those intentions. What she would do afterwards is anyone's guess but there is nothing in REV2 to suggest that she was simply out to do the same thing Albert was.

They literally say the same things based on the desire to impose their ideas through genocide.

Also:

"The late Albert Wesker's plan will be succeeded and definitively carried out by the immortal Alex Wesker.

That is when all of the schemes stemming from Lord Spencer will come together."

Your assumptions are baseless and your condescending sarcasm lacks wit.

Yeah, right, I'm hearing this from a person who tells me that Alex didn't care about immortality, even though we have a whole file in which she talks about the nature of it.

It's no wonder that with such self-confidence you allow yourself to evaluate someone's intelligence and wit.

You have some serious issues and no manners. I wonder what it is about my simple words about a video game character that makes you take them like a sharp phallic object in the nether region? It's honestly pitiable.

calling them "Umbrella people"

This has literally never happened before you said it so thank you for reconfirming your penchant for making shit up.

No shit. Maybe that's why

Or maybe you could learn to not be so arrogant? Or not pretend to be cleverer than you are? Or not miss the point, which is don't state false information then get mad when it's pointed out? I said he saw it as a cover because that's all it was to him, he did not intend to use its resurrection to create a new order as you claimed.

They literally say the same things based on the desire to impose their ideas through genocide.

They literally never do. Also Al had lots of plans. Stuart's words are vague at best.

Yeah, right, I'm hearing this from a person

Who you were rude to for absolutely no reason. You sure do seem upset about a video game topic. Wanna try again and sound like an adult? And you can reflect on something without seeking it out. It's called curiosity.

It's no wonder that with such self-confidence you allow yourself to evaluate someone's intelligence and wit.

I just call it like I see it. It's unfortunate that offends you. My self-confidence merely allows me to state my thoughts without feeling the need to be an insulting asshole unprovoked, unlike you who comes across as either very conceited or very insecure. Probably the latter.

You have some serious issues and no manners.

Yeah, and I'm glad I'm not alone in this. ;-)

This has literally never happened before you said it so thank you for reconfirming your penchant for making shit up.

Gun Survivor.

I said he saw it as a cover because that's all it was to him, he did not intend to use its resurrection to create a new order as you claimed.

Wesker was going to resurrect Umbrella to create a new order. He said it himself, Jack Krauser said it, Ada Wong said it and it was confirmed several times in such additional materials as Kaitai Shinsho and The Umbrella Chronicles guide book.

Yes, Umbrella was a cover for him, because this is the point why the company is called this way: it is an "umbrella" under which someone hides in order to achieve some goal.

They literally never do. Also Al had lots of plans. Stuart's words are vague at Best.

Yeah, keep ignoring the quote above and Stewart's words. Maybe you're also ignoring Anpo's words that both Alex and Albert are "chosen" eugenics.

Who you were rude to for absolutely no reason. You sure do seem upset about a video game topic.

It's kind of funny, because I don't care so much what people think about this and that. I don't take things so extremely seriously, and my sarcastic tone is always part of my character. It's just frivolous shit. But you are using this and how people can hate games as an excuse to treat them like shit, calling them ignorant and evaluating their intelligence and so on. It's not me who needs to take video game topics more calmly, ha-ha!

You're the only one here who isn't mannered or calm. I didn't curse at you until you did at me first. Get over yourself. You're not funny. Again, I just call it like I see it.

I didn't curse at you until you did at me first.

I never cursed you and it wasn't even my intention, but even if I did, your rudeness is still your rudeness, no matter how you justify it. So if we're both talking shit here, don't act like you're not part of it. Because you are.

You're not funny.

Yeah, and you don't know a damn thing about the plot. See, I do what you do: I name things the way I see them.

It was a nice conversation, but I'll stop here because someone asked me to.

I never cursed you and it wasn't even my intention, but even if I did, your rudeness is still your rudeness, no matter how you justify it. So if we're both talking shit here, don't act like you're not part of it. Because you are.
So we're just straight up lying now? Sorry, not interested.

So you can't twist the situation I'll just leave these here.

Unprovoked condescending:

but what do you think she will do when she "returns" to the new title? Bake cookies?

Unprovoked cursing:

No shit. Maybe that's why it's called Umbrella, huh?

Everything after was simply in response. You came at me with a nasty attitude first. You cursed multiple times and I only started after you did. You were the rude one.

You wanna debate something then fine, present your case and leave it at that. No reason to be a jerk about it and certainly no excuse to act holier than thou. You provided very little evidence and proceeded to have an attitude for no real reason.

No, I'm not lying to you. I genuinely had no intention of cursing you. But if it turned out that way, well, it's too late for me to care about it after everything you wrote back to me, ha-ha.

Spencer, Albert and Alex did indeed all share the same ultimate plan for global domination, mass extinction and forced evolution. The only real variance is to their methods. Alex probably didn't care as much until Albert died.

Even Alex's digital copying of consciousness was from technology Spencer invested in. t-Phobos is from her early virus experiments for him, and so on. The three of them are truly inseperable, in a way, caught in a loop started by Spencer.

Last edited:
Spencer, Albert and Alex did indeed all share the same ultimate plan for global domination, mass extinction and forced evolution. The only real variance is to their methods. Alex probably didn't care as much until Albert died.

Even Alex's digital copying of consciousness was from technology Spencer invested in. t-Phobos is from her early virus experiments for him, and so on. The three of them are truly inseperable, in a way, caught in a loop started by Spencer.
Is heavenly island the source for the mind transfer technology being funded by him? And I don't recall Alex expressing the desire to infect the world with a virus, just to give herself a healthy body. It seems contradictory for her to continue to carry out Spencer's wishes after boasting of breaking away from him. Even Albert admitted he had Spencer to thank for his own ambition.

It's mentioned in one of the files (and an early version). Alex also likens herself to Spencer and Albert as a fellow "chosen one" and the last left to change the world, and establish a "new world order".
And now that I have what I need, I understand.
Now I know how the old man and my brother felt.

I'm a chosen one, just like them.

I'm the last one left to change the world.
At the same time, Alex despises Spencer for ruining her life, likely referring to him infecting her in 1998 with a prototype virus that gave her an incurable illness. Neither she or Albert want to particularly "carry out Spencer's wishes", but by succeeding where he failed they'd be superior to him, in their minds.

When Alex speaks of "fear/terror", like infecting the world with it, she's figuratively talking about the world domination plan. She just has another method for artificial selection, making superhumans out of those who can conquer fear, rather than just those who are genetically gifted. Neil also says the tragedy that befell the island would play out all over the world as well if she succeeded in her mind-copy plan, in other words, Neo Alex would plague the world with a virus, whether t-Phobos or Uroboros. She also refers to herself as "the Creator", her reincarnation being to obtain a body worthy of that title.

Albert had a disdain for humanity from an early age and always schemed mass extinction and forced evolution before he ever knew Spencer's ultimate goal. His time at Umbrella reinforced it and he sought to use Umbrella and its rival company to take over the world (which may be in-progress) to enact the extinction and evolution he craved. In 2006, the combination of Spencer's plan for Progenitor and the interference of Chris & Jill led him to re-evaluate that perhaps humanity had a chance to redeem itself and become better. That culminated in the Uroboros Project.

It's mentioned in one of the files (and an early version). Alex also likens herself to Spencer and Albert as a fellow "chosen one" and the last left to change the world, and establish a "new world order".

At the same time, Alex despises Spencer for ruining her life, likely referring to him infecting her in 1998 with a prototype virus that gave her an incurable illness. Neither she or Albert want to particularly "carry out Spencer's wishes", but by succeeding where he failed they'd be superior to him, in their minds.

When Alex speaks of "fear/terror", like infecting the world with it, she's figuratively talking about the world domination plan. She just has another method for artificial selection, making superhumans out of those who can conquer fear, rather than just those who are genetically gifted. Neil also says the tragedy that befell the island would play out all over the world as well if she succeeded in her mind-copy plan, in other words, Neo Alex would plague the world with a virus, whether t-Phobos or Uroboros. She also refers to herself as "the Creator", her reincarnation being to obtain a body worthy of that title.

Albert had a disdain for humanity from an early age and always schemed mass extinction and forced evolution before he ever knew Spencer's ultimate goal. His time at Umbrella reinforced it and he sought to use Umbrella and its rival company to take over the world (which may be in-progress) to enact the extinction and evolution he craved. In 2006, the combination of Spencer's plan for Progenitor and the interference of Chris & Jill led him to re-evaluate that perhaps humanity had a chance to redeem itself and become better. That culminated in the Uroboros Project.
I see. Thank you for providing the evidence. I thought she already had the incurable illness from birth which is why the prototype didn't give her superhuman abilities?

Top Bottom