• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 Returning Features in RE3 Remake?

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
Hey guys, first time creating a thread here.

What features from RE3 would you like to see return in RE3 Remake?

Features that would definitely return are:

1. Gunpowder system and enhanced ammo

2. This cutscene

3. Live action selection moments

4. The cutscene where Nemesis destroys the UBCS chopper

5. Epilogue files

6. Better Nemesis chases

7. Randomization factor

8. Mercenaries mode ( Didn't like how Extreme Battle mode was missing in RE2 Remake. )

1. The increasingly foreboding atmosphere conveyed by increasingly insane Nemesis encounters and the impending nuclear explosion
2. The sense of dread and loneliness created by of a city being robbed of it's life due to the outbreak
3. Slow burn puzzle solving and a non-linear path
4. The ability to swap the soundtrack to the old music and have modernized versions of the old soundtrack available
5. Randomization in regards to some key item placement, Nemesis encounters and enemy placement so that each play through feels different and keeps you on your toes. Make certain sequences extremely rare in order to screw up speedruns and subvert expectations.
6. Maintain excellent balance between arsenal, inventory and enemies.
7. Rewards for different styles of play. If one was to perform an 'all Nemesis kills' run, ensure that the balance and challenge is still there and that there's a reward for choosing to play the game this way such as the Eagle handgun. Same with speedruns.
8. Multiple epilogues and boutique key/costumes based on how many times a person completes the game. Keep the ranking system and improve on it.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I agree with the things that are mentioned here.

As for my opinions that arent mentioned here;

I would like to see all monsters to return. Didnt like how they cut some of them in re2 remake. I hope they add new monsters as well just like how re1 remake did, ı would definitely like to see more bosses since re3's boss variety is really low.

Another thing ı would like to see is the story of this game feeling like a remake of re3's story and replacing it similar to re1 remake. I loved re2 remake but story felt like a disappointment; ı hope they wont do that mistake in re3 remake.

I think the biggest thing for me is I wanna see more enemy variety than we got in the remake of 2. The Hunter Betas are confirmed but I hope we still get the Gammas, Drain Deimos, brainsuckers, sliding worms, and Gravedigger. I know they were cut from 2 but I want the spiders back as well. I wanna see how creepy the web spinners will look in the RE Engine.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
- Tense music when Nemesis is nearby
- Atmospheric music in general
- Decisions: I loved the decisions in the original game and I'm a sucker for RPGs, so they better have them in
- Jill's "You want STARS? I'll give you STARS" line

I think the biggest thing for me is I wanna see more enemy variety than we got in the remake of 2. The Hunter Betas are confirmed but I hope we still get the Gammas, Drain Deimos, brainsuckers, sliding worms, and Gravedigger. I know they were cut from 2 but I want the spiders back as well. I wanna see how creepy the web spinners will look in the RE Engine.

Yeah, I'd like those back in too. I doubt we'll get the spiders, but I hope the other enemies are in. If they are not returning for this remake, we will have a severe lack of enemies.

No giant spiders! I have arachnophobia.

I want to see epilogue files, and including Rebecca Chambers, because she never got one in the original.
I want to see the clock tower; again, no giant spiders, especially in that dark gray hallway to the clock puzzle.
I like to see more of the city
I like the old game controls more than these modern ones that I never got used to.

The clock tower has been confirmed to be in, and you're right about the epilogues. I want them back in too. Since this is a remake, they can add in new epilogues this time. I'd be surprised if they included one for Billy Coen. You know? I really want to know what became of him after he left Rebecca.

It needs choices for replay value / multiple outcomes. More content or the same as before... not less. Files, monsters, weapons, everything. Especially when you consider how many interesting streets and locations there can be.

Yeah. That's what happened with the RE 2 remake. I wish it had been a more faithful remake like the original. Nothing will ever topple that game. Nearly 20 years later, and I still think it's better than most modern games, apart from a select few like The Last of Us.

That's what kind of saddens me. The games we get now are good, but they are nothing like those from during the classic era. They are trying hard to duplicate that, but they often come up short. I have mixed feelings about everything they do in this era.

pink herb

[chris voice] GOOD STUFF
What I really want to return is live selection, but what I'd like to see is more urban exploration. The Resident Evil engine excels in environments and I liked how Raccoon looked in RE2make, for the most part. I just want it to be as claustrophobic as it was in the original, involving tight alleyways and cutting through buildings.

Things I want in Resident Evil 3 Remake:

• Zombie hoards: I hope there are times when 10-20 zombies are in the streets and you can fight them or run into different stores and go out the back to avoid them.
  • More defense items maybe a taser and a police baton.
  • All weapons have at least 2 customizations and possibly options where one would increase power and one might increase firing speed but you can only choose one.
  • Keep the choices system but not text based where you can jump out of the subway or use the emergency brake depending on if you go over and jump out window of not.
  • More interactions with civilians/ USBC.
  • Seperate ways type chapter where you can play a small story section for Nikolai, Ada, or Hunk.
  • New areas Movie theater, high school, grocery store, blockbuster/video store. Some of these could just be to avoid the zombie hoards mentioned above.
  • All enemies from RE3 and maybe add I lickers or something from Outbreak.

Top Bottom