• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Revelations Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - A Dichotomy of Dialogue

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

So here's this old article that ı found after looking up. It compares localization and translated og japanese script of rerev2 to each other. The previous thread that ı created was about claire chapter 4 while this one delves more into earlier chapters. It stops after claire chapter 3 where the differences between og japanese script and localization doesnt seem to be big other than moira's personality change.

It's worth checking out. Feel free to add more things if you want.

I'll go ahead and add that the relationship between claire and neil is different in og japanese script. I might need to be corrected on this but ı dont think claire has a crush on neil, their relationship seem to be more professional compared to what localization depicts.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Idk why this article doesnt mention about " It's more reliable than any person. " line in claire chapter 1. That doesnt exist in og japanese script either. It's a pointless throwback made at recv which doesnt make sense cause claire takes issue with it during that game.

She apparently says " Only in situations like this. " or something like that.

Yeah. I think it was a throwback they added in to make it sound cool. Coincidentally, both games involve Claire being imprisoned.

Does Barry say his, "Who is the master of unlocking now?" line. What about the Claire sandwich remark? :)

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yeah. I think it was a throwback they added in to make it sound cool. Coincidentally, both games involve Claire being imprisoned.

Does Barry say his, "Who is the master of unlocking now?" line. What about the Claire sandwich remark? :)
I dont think those exist either. They also dont seem to exist in og re1's japanese script.

Though ı definitely know that barry's " I have this! " line exists in both this game as well as og re1's japanese scripts. I remember asking it to someone else out of curiosity and according to them; ı'm glad to know that barry's magnum is described by him as " This! " in og japanese script as well.

Still ıdk japanese so someone who knows that language well can correct my mistakes just in case if there's any.

Last edited:
Top Bottom