• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Resident Evil Confessions

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
What are secret re confessions that arent seem to be posted to internet that much? Do you have any?

If so; use this thread to share them.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So here are some examples of mine:

Re6 was threatening to me when ı 1st played it. The monsters and environment came off as scary to me at that time. The game did its job at " survival horror " / " horror " despite having a lot of action. The game's mystery was also satisfying to learn after completing all campaigns as well reading the files.

I didnt like the structure of fixed camera angled games due to being too limited. The reason for that is remake was the 1st one ı played from those type of games and ı played the game on keyboard and mouse before deciding to switch over to gamepad. It felt awkward and not relaxing, even when playing on easiest difficulty. I also used a guide on steam to get through the game faster, it has less to do with the game being threatening but more to do with my opinion being that ı wanted to know the origins of resident evil's story as much as possible. However ı didnt give up and ı still wanted to know more. I played them to know the storyline and characters as well as to see how they connect to re6. I really liked re2 cause ı liked the scenario system of it more than remake's; the storytelling was interesting to me. I was forced to believe that ı must like the limitations cause a lot of fans were praising them on internet.

I didnt want to use remake as a replacement for re1 despite a lot of people saying it on internet. I started to use it as a replacement some time after re2 2019 was released. These days ı dont like the game that much.

Re7 was effective with its " survival horror " / " horror " factor, more than remake. I liked this factor of the game, especially at the start, cause ı played it for the 1st time after re1. I wasnt aware of what internet saying when ı played the game. However when ı looked up to internet, that caused me to grow disdain for the game due to the reason that the game was praised along with re6 getting bashed. After thinking about it, ı didnt like that the story had nothing to do with re6 either. The game felt also lacking compared to re6, and ı still feel this way, however many people on internet wasnt saying this. I just felt like ı was betrayed when ı learned the truth.

I was never interested in a remake for re2. A lot of people wanted this while asking the game to come out as quick as possible. However ı wasnt interested in it that much deep down. Once again; ı was forced to believe that ı should be interested in it just cause a lot of people wanted it. When re2 2019 came out; ı really liked it due to the game being gifted to me however just like remake, ı started to get more bored and annoyed by it.

An important main reason why ı became a fan of the franchise is due to storyline and characters. I liked re6's story and characters. It made me want to know more about the series. I didnt care much for " survival horror " however once again; ı was forced to like it cause a lot of people were praising it while disliking re6.

I find jill and wesker the most boring main characters when compared to others as well as re6's cast.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I never liked " majority " , " minority " , " popular " and " unpopular " words. I just feel like they are used in a way to downplay someone's enjoyment on something.

Re6 for example. There are a lot of people on internet who hates it and they try to make it sound like the people who enjoy the game are minority. Even though the haters feel more like loud minority.

Regardless of how majority and minority feels about it; ı'm not going to downplay my enjoyment on re6. Imo the game is a masterpiece and there are no real flaws to my eyes.

I was excited for 2make, but it was changed so much I couldnt like it, even if I played through it over and over due to how addicting the gameplay was. Though a lot of people look down on the story of Resident Evil, its one of my favorite storylines in a game series, and to see it tampered with in such a manner just felt wrong to me.

I've already explained my gripes with 7 in your post on story rankings, so I'll just say that it feels the least connected to the Resident Evil universe of all the games. The only things that connect the base game to the rest of the series is a few easter eggs and a cameo appearance of Chris.

While I like the manga, it doesnt seem like Capcom wanted to release them in the West, even if they are considered canon. This means people have to rely on unofficial and possibly shoddy translations that could have been avoided and even made Capcom more money if they had done an official translation.

The first Revelations should have had a chapter select. Having to go through all the levels when I want to do a timeline accurate marathon sucks when the two Terragrigia levels are on two opposite ends of the game.

The older and original versions of the games should be rereleased for virtual purchases. I'm pretty sure most of them can run on the Switch, even the Chronicles games given that the controllers have a gyroscope in them. This also means more money for Capcom and newer players can enjoy the originals without paying excessive prices given the current retro game market.

Many years ago, back in the early Resident Evil years (1 Director's Cut - Survivor), I would panic over the giant web spinner spiders, because they scare me. I would play the game with my arms blocking the view of the TV. I'm better now with the giant spiders, as long as they're not too close to the camera, or they're not the giant ones.

Also I'm a huge fan of the Umbrella Corporation. I own Umbrella logo flag, print out logo on my man cave window and mini fridge, I wear an Umbrella logo hat and black shirt. And you can see, I also have the Umbrella logo as my internet avatar. Hell, even my YouTube channel is called Resident Evil Umbrella.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So this might be surprising to say this but ı want to say that ı like ustanak more than nemesis. I'm not only including re3's umbrella chronicles retelling and re3 2020 but og game as well. Fighting him is more enjoyable than nemesis imo.

With re3, ı could never defeat nemesis for 1st 2 encounters. I defeated him 5 times max and obtained western custom shotgun last. However ı did this late and ı could never make full use of it storywise cause there isnt much ammo for it. And the game doesnt have all weapons available right from start during new game+. I wished there was an option for that.

Umbrella chronicles hamfists it to a one short chapter. Nothing more to speak here though at least he mutates.

Re3 2020 really downplays it and makes him go down in one grenade. And the drops are pathetic. I like his 2nd form but last mutation looks really boring.

For ustanak, ı enjoyed fighting him for all sections. I wished it appeared in chapter 3 instead of tank but other than that, ı dont really have any complaints. The fights are so enjoyable imo.

For re3 and its reimagining, one major thing that bothers me is you cant fight while being on ground unlike in re6. For the former, trying to get up after nemesis throws jill to ground is insanely difficult. It doesnt show what buttons to get up, ı just mash and twist everything and pray it works.

Re3 2020 also has nemesis performing a similar attack. He can drop jill to ground with tentacles and you cant shoot while being on ground. I mean the game reminds me of rerev a lot and in that game, some monsters could drop jill to ground however you could shoot. In re3 2020, this cant happen unlike rerev and re6.

I understand nemesis is more iconic monster than ustanak since it appeared way earlier. But re3 can feel annoying during nemesis fights. For long time, ı just evaded him cause trying to defeat it is extremely difficult and causes a lot of unnecessary stress. However during my last marathon, ı decided to fight him to get that western custom which ı really love and get annoyed that ı couldnt make full use of it right from start.

Dodging in re3 is also a bit awkward. Like sometimes when there's an obstacle next to jill, she tries to dodge but still gets hit. I guess that makes sense but ı wished the dodging had more unique animations like ı wished jill performed more rolls like in re6.

So imo ustanak is a much better monster than nemesis and more comfortable to fight.

So this might be surprising to say this but ı want to say that ı like ustanak more than nemesis. I'm not only including re3's umbrella chronicles retelling and re3 2020 but og game as well. Fighting him is more enjoyable than nemesis imo.

With re3, ı could never defeat nemesis for 1st 2 encounters. I defeated him 5 times max and obtained western custom shotgun last. However ı did this late and ı could never make full use of it storywise cause there isnt much ammo for it. And the game doesnt have all weapons available right from start during new game+. I wished there was an option for that.

Umbrella chronicles hamfists it to a one short chapter. Nothing more to speak here though at least he mutates.

Re3 2020 really downplays it and makes him go down in one grenade. And the drops are pathetic. I like his 2nd form but last mutation looks really boring.

For ustanak, ı enjoyed fighting him for all sections. I wished it appeared in chapter 3 instead of tank but other than that, ı dont really have any complaints. The fights are so enjoyable imo.

For re3 and its reimagining, one major thing that bothers me is you cant fight while being on ground unlike in re6. For the former, trying to get up after nemesis throws jill to ground is insanely difficult. It doesnt show what buttons to get up, ı just mash and twist everything and pray it works.

Re3 2020 also has nemesis performing a similar attack. He can drop jill to ground with tentacles and you cant shoot while being on ground. I mean the game reminds me of rerev a lot and in that game, some monsters could drop jill to ground however you could shoot. In re3 2020, this cant happen unlike rerev and re6.

I understand nemesis is more iconic monster than ustanak since it appeared way earlier. But re3 can feel annoying during nemesis fights. For long time, ı just evaded him cause trying to defeat it is extremely difficult and causes a lot of unnecessary stress. However during my last marathon, ı decided to fight him to get that western custom which ı really love and get annoyed that ı couldnt make full use of it right from start.

Dodging in re3 is also a bit awkward. Like sometimes when there's an obstacle next to jill, she tries to dodge but still gets hit. I guess that makes sense but ı wished the dodging had more unique animations like ı wished jill performed more rolls like in re6.

So imo ustanak is a much better monster than nemesis and more comfortable to fight.
I agree in the sense that Ustanak has more of a personality, and is treated like a rival that both Sherry and Jake must overcome. In the original, Nemesis is treated as a hound, chasing Jill throughout the city to hinder her, and I dont he is meant to be overcome until the story wants you to, though you still have the option. I think they each fit their own role, though in the remake Nemesis is the personification of the Doge meme, at least until that final battle on the hardest difficulty.5vxlic.jpg

I think Survivor is a better game than Village, even if it's a game that has been largely forgotten about by the fans. ;)

"Am I Vincent? No. I'm... ARK!"

What are secret re confessions that arent seem to be posted to internet that much? Do you have any?

If so; use this thread to share them.
I think my biggest RE confession is, before playing it for the first time, I thought I hated it. I had to be forced to try it because I didn't think I'd like it. But I was obviously very wrong and glad I tried it.

One of the scariest areas for me is the RE4 swamp area at night. I only went there a handful of times during my many playthroughs and it seriously gets under my skin to this day. The loud rain and limited visibility really freak me out; combined with the dark murky water. The village also really stands out. I hope they expand on these areas significantly in the remake.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
One of the scariest areas for me is the RE4 swamp area at night. I only went there a handful of times during my many playthroughs and it seriously gets under my skin to this day. The loud rain and limited visibility really freak me out; combined with the dark murky water. The village also really stands out. I hope they expand on these areas significantly in the remake.
Isnt that the optional area that you can go back to after del lago fight? You can encounter colmillos there where they are properly introduced. Yeah the area is creepy and wolves are too as well. Though they are still quite easy to take down since you can just run back to the boat and kill them with harpoons.

Isnt that the optional area that you can go back to after del lago fight? You can encounter colmillos there where they are properly introduced. Yeah the area is creepy and wolves are too as well. Though they are still quite easy to take down since you can just run back to the boat and kill them with harpoons.
No it’s this swamp with the 2nd Boulder push sequence. That area in particular is freaky to me. The wolves still get to me 2 especially in the maze in the castle. Anything I can’t see and hear footsteps gets me in a panic.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
No it’s this swamp with the 2nd Boulder push sequence. That area in particular is freaky to me. The wolves still get to me 2 especially in the maze in the castle. Anything I can’t see and hear footsteps gets me in a panic.
Oh ı see. I know which area you're talking about. Though about colmillos, ı personally find them more annoying in castle. The area is confusing to travel, even during replays.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı want to talk about character ships here.

My favourite ones are leon-ada ( aeon ) , jake-sherry ( shake ) , piers-merah ( bijivans ) and rebecca-billy ( reilly ) . I'm a big fan of these ships.

However ı couldnt get into valenfield that much. I respect it but it never interested me as much as previous examples. I see chris and jill as more of friends that have high respect for each other rather than love interests.

There's also that in both re1 and remake, when you play as one, the other gets captured by wesker and gets put to jail. That annoys me a lot. I prefer umbrella chronicles' remake retelling storywise cause chris and jill are partnered together right from start.

They are more of a professional type of characters that dont have time for a marrying. There's also barry who had his family threatened by wesker followed by his daughters getting into trouble later on. That might be another reason why chris and jill wouldnt be interested into each other.

I would rather not ship chris or jill with anyone really. Same thing with claire who ı also would rather not ship with anyone else either.

I love aeon a lot btw. The hate ı've seen online for them seems to be made from jill and claire fans. Honestly ı see claire and leon as friends rather than love interests that some people try to portray as. Claire even says to leon to go after ada anyway as seen in darkside chronicles.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I was forced to believe that ı should dislike helena according to what ı've seen on internet. I've seen plenty of praise for piers and even jake but helena seems to suffer the worst from fans when it comes to characters in re6. Many people seem to downright hate her cause she " replaces " claire somehow.

While ı wished claire was in re6 instead of capcom using her in rerev2, replacing helena with her is a very insulting move. What ı would prefer is for claire to get her own campaign in the game with ricky as her partner.

I used to think she was the weakest character in re6 but ı dont want to think that way these days. I really liked her character arc in the game, her losing deborah was so tragic and getting revenge from simmons was immensely satisfying. I'm glad she doesnt get arrested in the end as well. I dont think people pay attention to cutscenes or files that much.

So what ı'm about to say is helena during her 1st appearance left a better impression on me than claire. After re6, the re game that ı played next was rerev2. I wasnt bothered by claire at that time but deep down ı liked helena more than her.

Honestly if it wasnt for sherry, it's possible that ı couldnt be a fan of claire at all. It's her influence on sherry that made me a fan of her.

It’s a shame Capcom doesn’t care about character growth anymore unless it’s for a faceless avatar like Ethan. Sad that a newer character has a wife and child before any of the other characters in the entire franchise except for Barry.

I was forced to believe that ı should dislike helena according to what ı've seen on internet. I've seen plenty of praise for piers and even jake but helena seems to suffer the worst from fans when it comes to characters in re6. Many people seem to downright hate her cause she " replaces " claire somehow.

While ı wished claire was in re6 instead of capcom using her in rerev2, replacing helena with her is a very insulting move. What ı would prefer is for claire to get her own campaign in the game with ricky as her partner.

I used to think she was the weakest character in re6 but ı dont want to think that way these days. I really liked her character arc in the game, her losing deborah was so tragic and getting revenge from simmons was immensely satisfying. I'm glad she doesnt get arrested in the end as well. I dont think people pay attention to cutscenes or files that much.

So what ı'm about to say is helena during her 1st appearance left a better impression on me than claire. After re6, the re game that ı played next was rerev2. I wasnt bothered by claire at that time but deep down ı liked helena more than her.

Honestly if it wasnt for sherry, it's possible that ı couldnt be a fan of claire at all. It's her influence on sherry that made me a fan of her.
To be honest, I have never heard of Helena being a replacement for Claire. While Helena was nowhere near as bad as some people say, I dont think I can say I like her very much. While she does have stakes and goals, she doesnt have a lot of personality. She comes off feeling like a motivated plank of wood to me. I didnt want anything bad to happen to her, but I never became attached. Claire was someone I could get attached to, because she was much more fleshed out, though she does have the benefit of being in multiple games (with the exception being rerev2, that was a downgrade for me). Claire was spunky, in charge, and quick thinking, whereas Helena is just kind of there with a backstory. That's just my interpretation though, I'd love some feedback.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
To be honest, I have never heard of Helena being a replacement for Claire. While Helena was nowhere near as bad as some people say, I dont think I can say I like her very much. While she does have stakes and goals, she doesnt have a lot of personality. She comes off feeling like a motivated plank of wood to me. I didnt want anything bad to happen to her, but I never became attached. Claire was someone I could get attached to, because she was much more fleshed out, though she does have the benefit of being in multiple games (with the exception being rerev2, that was a downgrade for me). Claire was spunky, in charge, and quick thinking, whereas Helena is just kind of there with a backstory. That's just my interpretation though, I'd love some feedback.
I think one of the reasons why ı like her a lot is cause of the voice acting. It's very strong in re6 for all characters. With helena, ı also like how leon's campaign is more about her rather than leon who's in more of a support role. I think she shines better that way. I wouldnt call her " plank of wood " personally.

I think " kind of there " applies more to sheva than helena or other re6 characters. As much as ı like her, ı cant stand how her backstory doesnt play much role in the game's story. Re5 seems to designed around chris and wesker more storywise while re6 feels designed better between all characters. The backstory for characters even play a role in the game's story.

I've seen people criticising her cause claire isnt in the game. Piers also gets some bad rep as well, especially from some jill fans. Though ı'm sure he's liked more than helena or jake. However ı didnt see much criticism for sheva. I know partner aı in re5 is criticised but that's a gameplay mechanic. Sheva's character isnt criticised. I mean the game is missing barry and rebecca despite trying to be a re1 reunion. I didnt see many people wanting barry or rebecca to be in re5's story but for re6, the criticisms seem to be more exaggerated compared to it.

Top Bottom