• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE9 Resident Evil 9 Rumors

Great. More folklore nonsense...

Take all of this hearsay with a massive grain of salt.

But... don't be surpised if this is what Capcom has in store for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah rumors are painful and super copium. I wouldnt mind coop to return to an RE title if its OPTIONAL so we not stuck with a garbage AI like Sheva. RE6 did it right, i didnt even notice my partner most of the time.

I think this "leaker" might is anything but, he just compiled most of the fan base wishful thinking for 9, and mixed it with some hard evidence this will be out in late 23 or 2024 at best, this process that 9 will take at least 5 years of hard work to be completed.
As for the common stuff I see mentions every now and then about the third person view coming back, as well as classic character returning which if it's a female most of the fan base roots for Jill but I still think if they aim to please the Japanese fan base they will bring Ada and Leon back somehow.

In case Capcom goals are to wrap up the main series it would be drastically better if Capcom broke down the story down into three full games with 2 playable characters

Sometimes, I think Capcom just puts things in games because it "sounds good" on paper. Like, they seen that zombies got so outdated, so they just decided to go old school even further and decided they could copy Dracula, which I don't think suited RE, but RE8 was ridiculous.

And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if one day, they took the series into space, like where you're playing a crew member on a space station and a new parasitic virus was found on the now inhabitable Venus, or some shit. And Umbrella want to study it, and you accidentally bring it back to San Francisco, at the newly built research facility. You know? ;)

It wouldn't at all surprise me...

:D

And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if one day, they took the series into space, like where you're playing a crew member on a space station and a new parasitic virus was found on the now inhabitable Venus, or some shit. And Umbrella want to study it, and you accidentally bring it back to San Francisco, at the newly built research facility. You know? ;)

It wouldn't at all surprise me...

:D
I could stomach a location such as a space station for a RE game, the RE universe has enough technological advancements for such a thing. Even the first Revelations game had a satellite (Regia Solis) used as a weapon to decimate the vessel Queen Semiramis.

But for it to be more feasible they should use an aerial station just as a segment of the game, like towards the last stretch of a game, think it should be something similar to an aerial base/fortress , and even the Resident Evil 4 betas had pitched some Umbrella base Leon would reach through some sort of zepellin ship.
For instance the main character would explore this segment similar to when in RE 7 Ethan travels to the destroyed ship but after completing that segment the character goes back to the underground section and the Baker house again for the final bits of the game and the final boss.

I think it would be an interesting concept if they made that aerial base just like that, a segment that would end with the base self destruct and the character having to escape it and go back to the surface somehow for a final section to explore and a final boss.
The MCU movie Black Widow has kind of a cool aerial base as the lair of the villains, and some action scenes where the heroes escape the base sinking to earth defying some laws of gravity in the process until they get inside choppers. For a RE game they could adapt a scene like that better refining the idea so it doesn't look glaringly unrealistic.

As for enemies types I don't care much if zombies show up or some other type, there has been so many different stuff and monsters already that for me personally traditional zombies no longer can be considered the standard RE monster, we had plagas, the mold, and so many modified virus strains throughout the games, and all that is canon now, so for better or worse, the fans and public in general will expect new enemy forms for RE 9.

Yama

Owner
Missed this, but a lot of the vid is hit or miss. All I’ll add is that I truly do miss co-op Biohazard, there’s a different level of replayability with friends. With that said however, I think it would fit much better in an online title / live service that is curated for this type of experience (new modern Outbreak *style* title). I’d prefer the mainline stay single player as it’s been working well as of late. If done correctly however and with current tech they’re able to secure the tone despite it, then I wouldn’t be opposed to it in the end.

One day a friend of mine asked me if it was possible to add a cooperative mode to Biohazard 7. And for some reason the idea of a zapping network system came to my mind. Imagine if that deputy sheriff was actually the second player who has their own horror scenario, but you sometimes cross paths to share things. That would be awesome.

Yama

Owner
One day a friend of mine asked me if it was possible to add a cooperative mode to Biohazard 7. And for some reason the idea of a zapping network system came to my mind. Imagine if that deputy sheriff was actually the second player who has their own horror scenario, but you sometimes cross paths to share things. That would be awesome.
Definitely an innovative but gimmicky feature, kind of like crossing paths in RE6 during battle. Was interesting the first time, but didn't add much in the end.

If co-op is added I suppose there's two ways really. Write it into the story and make it canon, thus forced. Or use a non-canon character just for the gameplay element of co-op, when single player they're not there. Writing it already I can totally understand why some would love or hate that, but it's an option (like Agent).

I would be okay with multiplayer, but as long as it still feels like a quality story scenario and not over the top. I think it can be done!

Top Bottom