• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE9 Resident Evil 9 Rumor Teases Jill Valentine Return

I hope 9 is just a tribute to RE5 and RE10 is a tribute to RE6. What I mean is RE9 has co-op long story between Chris and Jill what all people wanted.

And RE10 has 4 campaigns with Chris, Jill, Hunk, Ada, Leon, Claire and Queen Alice Jovovich.

But Alice was only a character in the movies from Paul Anderson. Also, Jovovich is the surname of the actress who portrays her and the clones. But other than that, yes, we are all choking to see Jill again. ;)

But Alice was only a character in the movies from Paul Anderson. Also, Jovovich is the surname of the actress who portrays her and the clones. But other than that, yes, we are all choking to see Jill again. ;)
the Milla Franchise is from almost 20 years ago, and they been adding tons of forgettable characters on each sequel that never return, they even stuck with the awful Bakers and Ethan family, so why not bring Queen Alice? is it really that hard?

Capcom been stealing ideas from the movies from all this years.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
They have indeed. LOL.

Also, check out this. 🤣

What does that article have anything to do with this thread? It's another game journalist making generic statements about re6. The hate bandwagon for it has already been discussed in other threads, go ahead and discuss it at one of them if you want. It would be more fitting at those, not this thread about jill.

They have indeed. LOL.

Also, check out this. 🤣

Now they need to make a comparison of Biohzard 7 and Village next to generic first-person horror games that you can find on STEAM.

Do you think they will keep the same actress from the remake if they bring her back? I think Jill would be way older now, so they probably couldn't rehire her as the actress is too young looking.

In terms of the timeline today, we should be beyond 2021. So if she hasn't been seen since 2009, that's like a dozen years ago. But her viral infection could factor into her appearance too, perhaps.

It's gonna look odd seeing our beloved characters get old, but it's a fact of life. ;)

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Wasnt jill free of t-virus though? I mean the dormant virus inside her turned into antibodies which were all used in uroboros' development to decrease the lethal nature of it. So no ı dont think her age could be affected by that. Though ı'm still wondering if she's gonna be blonde or not. I've seen a fanart on twitter which is about a design for jill in revillage but that shows her blonde. Personally ı prefer to see her with previous hair color, seeing her affected design by wesker's experiments annoy the hell out of me. I wonder if there's a way to fix her design back to previous version that's more similar to re5 lin.

Whether she does come back as a playable character or not won’t matter much anyway if it’s going to be first person again. Since we won’t even be able to see her most of the time unless there’s more cutscenes. I can see them using Mia or Rose for the next game but I really hope that’s not the case.

Wesker did something to her too, so she had that super agility. But I think Jill could be retired. They would consider her as a liability with her being considered as an infected person.

Chris was not infected, which is why he still appears in missions. He is among the few veteran characters that are not victims. But then the same rule could apply to Rebecca Chambers and Leon Kennedy.

Do you think they will keep the same actress from the remake if they bring her back? I think Jill would be way older now, so they probably couldn't rehire her as the actress is too young looking.

In terms of the timeline today, we should be beyond 2021. So if she hasn't been seen since 2009, that's like a dozen years ago. But her viral infection could factor into her appearance too, perhaps.

It's gonna look odd seeing our beloved characters get old, but it's a fact of life. ;)
well in the artwork for RE Village, Ada was supposed to be in there, there are some artworks on her and the version they used is the RE2 Remake face but with a new hairstyle, they didn't bother to age her, so I'm wild guessing if Jill returns they probably gonna use Zasha again.

I'm actually surprised Capcom didn't include Ada. They cut and pasted across pretty much everything else from RE4 anyway. They really did want people to treat the game as RE4's little brother, or sister.

It's practically identical. Some people even initially thought it was done this way so Capcom could use the same assets.

Or they just observe things too much. It wouldn't at all surprise me.

Ada could still be in it as DLC. Pretty much just do Separate Ways again. Personally if they do any DLC I do hope it doesn't have Ada in it.

8 did feel like similar to 4 which was fine but if they included Ada initially it might as well as been a remake for 4.

Well, this DLC better be worth the long wait. LOL.

It would be great to have Ada included. We never got to find out what her assignment was going to be, in the ending to RE6. That game was released nearly 10 years ago.

😎

I don't know if Chris found out that wasn't really Ada, but Carla. Although it's definitely going to be more interesting to see Chris running into Jake again, should this ever occur down the road.

Since RE6 wasn't the critical darling Capcom was aiming for, I think they're just going to kind of skip over all of that now, by acting like it doesn't exist. That isn't to say it's still not canonical. But it came out such a long time ago, and it is a mainline title that is never really mentioned by Capcom anymore.

They probably don't want to remind fans of how poorly received it was, so I think they'll prefer to bring up 4 or 5 in discussions, over 6. Not that they talk about older games much now anyway, outside of remakes.

They obviously wanted people to know RE8 was inspired by both RE4 and RE7. But for anything else, they don't seem to like to offer much acknowledgment.

Top Bottom