• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Other Resident Evil 9 costing a "pretty penny" to make, says Dusk Golem...

Riveting stuff, can’t wait for them to gloss over the BSAA takedown like with Umbrella. In all seriousness though I hope they double down on The Connections and Brandon Bailey and end the main story. It would link all the way back to RE0 events and make that games story more relevant since he was Marcus’ apprentice. The whole BSAA siege plot could be a potential Revelations 3 or some other side game. The further they disconnect from RE8 events the better.

Caffeine Addict: I'm not a fan of the modern RE games either. They're making Chris look so old, but wasting him on half-assed games with ridiculous vibes.

He needs a definite hiatus at this point, especially with Shadows of Rose stating him and his Wolf Hound squad are still active in 2037. There needs to be more breathing room for other characters. The whole ghost town in the west sounds too RE4-esque yet again though. Villages and mansions are so overdone at this point.

RE:2 and RE:3 did not do the city setting much justice either. It’s embarrassing when ORC and Daymare 1998 have more exploration than the very games they were inspired by. Cities are supposed to be a maze of alleyways, stores, and numerous other locals that can add a lot of variety. Which is something that could be made into a dream project such as an Outbreak revival… but they seem to think Resistance and Re:Verse are what we want from multiplayer RE games.

Last edited:
I sometimes think he was only added into the games so fans couldn't blast at Capcom for not making it feel RE-ish enough. You could easily have removed Chris though, and nobody would believe it was RE7 unless they knew the series beforehand. It's like RE4, in that playing the past entries doesn't especially matter.

I see that being continued in new games...

I sometimes think he was only added into the games so fans couldn't blast at Capcom for not making it feel RE-ish enough. You could easily have removed Chris though, and nobody would believe it was RE7 unless they knew the series beforehand. It's like RE4, in that playing the past entries doesn't especially matter.

I see that being continued in new games...
If they were smart about it like with RE2 they could have made the new characters more relatable like Claire. It’s why Elza was scrapped but the Capcom of today would not dare scrap a project that was 75% finished due to costs. This should have happened with RE8 with how badly that story was interpreted and shoehorned into the timeline. Throwing in a centuries worth of back lore with the 4 families that will never be expanded upon and pushing the timeline ahead by a couple decades for the sake of an X-Men like teenage drama is so cringy and bad.

I really hope this is all true and that RE9 focuses on RE7’s loose ends and closes out this part of the storyline. Maybe even bring in Natalia since she is pretty much grown up by this point.

Last edited:
Well, I think there's gonna be more remakes. Possibly CV and 5. But according to Konami, SH remakes are planned, along with new entries.

I kind of hate that there are so many remakes today. Just shows the lack of creativity when all they aim for most of the time is rehashing the past. And while I don't mind an IP being outsourced, you have to remember that a lot rests on making it special.

Well, I think there's gonna be more remakes. Possibly CV and 5. But according to Konami, SH remakes are planned, along with new entries.

I kind of hate that there are so many remakes today. Just shows the lack of creativity when all they aim for most of the time is rehashing the past. And while I don't mind an IP being outsourced, you have to remember that a lot rests on making it special.
Things can always get much worse, look at what’s happening with Silent Hill Ascension. It’s one of the worst money scams to come out of a company like that. At least Capcom has not resorted that low yet.

Yeah, I seen the feedback about that. And holy cow. It's just as I thought. Cucks fallen for greedy Konami because they have been starved of the series for about a decade. Not including the Hideo Kojima demo, which was exactly that.

They are too lazy to do in-house games, so are licensing their legendary IP to these no-name devs, who are clearly not aware of what made the series so great to begin with. Meh.

Technically, yes. Capcom aren't this bad. But they have Umbrella Corps, which is probably worse.

It's interesting that they are saying it will be the conclusion of the RE7 & 8 story arc, as Kento Kinoshita said that the Shadows of Rose DLC would "conclude the Winters family saga". I took this to mean that RE9 would be moving on. Of course there still could be some connection but I thought the idea of a trilogy ended with Shadows of Rose

Top Bottom