• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:1 Remake Director's Cut

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Did anyone wish for director's cut version of remake? I see people complaining about reimaginings but they have pretty much no issues for remake.

But anyway; what would you like to see if a director's cut version for remake existed?

I think a lot of fans felt that Capcom cheated them out of a great game, after a splendid second remake. The momentum should have continued.

The same thing kind of occurred with RE7. They had the right approach to the ball, then just fumbled it for some reason with Village.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think a lot of fans felt that Capcom cheated them out of a great game, after a splendid second remake. The momentum should have continued.

The same thing kind of occurred with RE7. They had the right approach to the ball, then just fumbled it for some reason with Village.
Honestly ı dont think re2 2019 is that good. I find it quite messy. I understand why many would prefer remake over reimaginings but ı still dont like any of them that much.

As for re7 and revillage, ı feel like they look and play quite samey. I still dont like them that much though, they feel step down from re6 in many ways.

But anyway, this thread is about remake director's cut and this is what ı would add:

Infinite ammo unlockable for all weapons.

Having all weapons available in item box as unlockables when you start the game.

Barry's " This! " being an unlockable with infinite ammo.

Automatic weapons from re1 pc version being unlockables.

No parallel scenarios, they would connect to each other just like in re2 and re6.

No chris and jill getting captured and locked in lab.

Arrange mode.

No option for barry and rebecca getting killed.

More lisa trevor, she would be utilized more and stalk you more.

Roger craig smith, patricia ja lee, jamieson k. price, riva di paola and richard waugh voicing the characters. The voice acting for remake is quite dull.

The game showing wesker injecting himself with birkin's gift, ı know this happens in umbrella chronicles but still.

That's asking for a lot, essentially coming from Capcom.

I honestly have to question why the RE3 remake we got even received the go-ahead.

Very much considered to be a cash grab and so different, I don't really think calling it a remake does it any justice. Of course, after RE4 changed the games afterwards into third person, I knew Capcom wouldn't re-use fixed camera angles again. So I hope fans didn't get their hopes up in 2015 with the whole, "We do it!" thing. But I also have to ask why they're certain that RE4 won't be met with a similar fate. After all, Capcom are known to cut content and alter things. But hopefully, Capcom has accepted the hate, and they will see that by them messing up RE4, that disasterous move would be met with backlash, and perhaps with the likes they have never had before. So tread carefully, Capcom!

Not really, no. I'd rather a whole new game, film, series, or all three focused on the years between the founding of Umbrella leading up to the Mansion Incident. This is what I felt remake should have been, a focus on new elements like Lisa Trevor and not already established ones. The original game didn't need an alternate version.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Not really, no. I'd rather a whole new game, film, series, or all three focused on the years between the founding of Umbrella leading up to the Mansion Incident. This is what I felt remake should have been, a focus on new elements like Lisa Trevor and not already established ones. The original game didn't need an alternate version.
I feel like that could work as a game that combines remake and re0. As much as ı like re0; ı wouldnt have minded if its story was different, especially if it meant focusing more on bravo team.

And if it means focusing more on lisa trevor, who isnt utilized that much in remake imo, then yes that would be great too.

I feel like she's utilized better in umbrella chronicles mainly cause she fights wesker there, more than a brief encounter in chris' scenario. A prequel dedicated to her would have been great imo.

Reactions: MGr

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Imo re1 is better than remake. I enjoy the gameplay as well as story and characters more than 2002 version. Remake is frustrating due to crimson head system as well as bullet spongy enemies to an irritating degree.

I enjoy the character interactions in og game more than 2002 version as well. While rebecca is irritating and jill is boring; chris and barry are really entertaining. I no longer see the voice acting as bad as ı was thinking; it actually adds to the enjoyment of the game imo. Remake meanwhile is boring for the most part. I still like jill's voice acting in remake, one of the few things ı like in remake storywise, but her interactions with barry arent as good as 1996 version.

With all that said; ı still cant completely dislike remake, ı still actually have a deep adoration deep down due to its faithfulness as well as it being my 1st pre-4 entry ı played similar to re6 being my 1st re game back in 2013, but ı no longer love it as much ı used to.

Last edited:
Imagine these idiots claiming to be hardcore RE fans, when they most likely started with RE4 - the game they praise.

There's so far, only been one faithful remake. The first remake. Although the RE2 remake is good and acceptable, even if there is cut content galore.

3 flat out sucks. Have low expectations for 4.

Hope to be proven wrong about 4. I will eat my words in a cereal bowl, with fresh, creamy milk, if Capcom somehow pulls this off. I will! :)

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Imagine these idiots claiming to be hardcore RE fans, when they most likely started with RE4 - the game they praise.

There's so far, only been one faithful remake. The first remake. Although the RE2 remake is good and acceptable, even if there is cut content galore.

3 flat out sucks. Have low expectations for 4.

Hope to be proven wrong about 4. I will eat my words in a cereal bowl, with fresh, creamy milk, if Capcom somehow pulls this off. I will! :)
Why do you post there and what does that have to do with this thread? This thread is about remake, not re4. I dont think you need to post to multiple places that much since the fanbase is divided overall and conflicting opinions can exist quite easily. Just stick here which is a respectful place.

But anyway the issue ı have with re4 is also present in remake but honestly ı find remake really dull these days, to the point the game is even less interesting than re4 imo. I still like its faithfulness while finding it more interesting than re engine raccoon city games ( Though ı dont mind re engine 3 as much as re engine 2 and in some aspects, even remake. ) but it's not as good as og game imo.

Yeah, I can see your point.

I was playing RE4 today, and Jesus, does it need updating?

I was playing the PS2 version on my LED monitor, and the graphics are terrible. I think the GameCube looked better. But I wanted to play Separate Ways, which is why I was playing it on the PS2. But the aiming is so bad, I got killed inside the church.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yeah, I can see your point.

I was playing RE4 today, and Jesus, does it need updating?

I was playing the PS2 version on my LED monitor, and the graphics are terrible. I think the GameCube looked better. But I wanted to play Separate Ways, which is why I was playing it on the PS2. But the aiming is so bad, I got killed inside the church.
I agree, ps2 port that ı tried on pcsx2 decreased my enjoyment immensely, even with infinite ammo cheats. I figured out a way to make the game's steam port work more properly on my pc and even then, it still didnt bring my enjoyment that ı was having with it in the past, in regards to core gameplay.

Remake however ı figured another way to play it on dolphin emulator rather than hd remaster one and ı like wii version more than steam port personally. But ı still dont like the game that much. It's a step down from og game in many aspects and ı dont like that kenichi iwao, the writer of 1996 game, doesnt work on it as a writer either. The game has no writer hired and its story script is incredibly lazy. At least re4 had separate ways where a writer was hired for that portion.

I also dont think mikami is a good director personally and too much praise is given to him.

I never did wish for a Director's Cut of RE1 Remake and some of the things you mention are very interesting concepts (especially a brief even in the dark scene of Wesker injecting himself with his virus), but there were a few things I did wish that the re-release could have done, like an option to turn off "One Dangerous Zombie".

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I never did wish for a Director's Cut of RE1 Remake and some of the things you mention are very interesting concepts (especially a brief even in the dark scene of Wesker injecting himself with his virus), but there were a few things I did wish that the re-release could have done, like an option to turn off "One Dangerous Zombie".
Thanks. Yeah ı dont like one dangerous zombie mode that much either. I dont think ı ever tried that but ı simply found it out after looking up in the past. I managed to prevent it from activating by playing chris and jill's scenarios through separate saves. Still though ı dont find it as well as real survival mode and invisible enemy modes that interesting. I think ı prefer arrange mode, battle mode and many more unlockables in re1 over remake. I wished they made it to the game back in 2002 when it was remade.

Thanks. Yeah ı dont like one dangerous zombie mode that much either. I dont think ı ever tried that but ı simply found it out after looking up in the past. I managed to prevent it from activating by playing chris and jill's scenarios through separate saves. Still though ı dont find it as well as real survival mode and invisible enemy modes that interesting. I think ı prefer arrange mode, battle mode and many more unlockables in re1 over remake. I wished they made it to the game back in 2002 when it was remade.
Oh God yes, how could I forget Battle Mode!! Solid point.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
A minor aspect but ı dont like the door that can get one of its knobs broken for some reason. It's later fixed by wesker or barry along with them leaving a note to the characters but in real survival mode; the knob wont get broken at all without any note left later on as well.

I also dont like this decision exclusive to that mode, ı wished the door knob would never get broken in all difficulties. They probably made it that way on real survival mode since item boxes dont connect to each other but it makes me dislike that difficulty even more.

I think og game handles level design better than 2002 version personally.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Sometimes ı wished that capcom ported re1 to gamecube instead of making a completely new game as a way to test the hardware's capabilities. I dont understand why people take remake so seriously when it wasnt even a serious release. Mikami didnt even hire a writer for it and all it has is lisa trevor. I absolutely adore lisa trevor to the point ı wished she was in sugimura's script rather than mikami's.

That game is the reason why everything needs to be remade apparently so that reach for the moon can create past entries in a more similar style to gamecube era. I played re2 and re3 on dolphin emulator and they are gamecube ports which play well there. This could have been done to re1 too. There's a good chance re0 would also be in similar style to n64 version and it would be even more connected to re1, especially with edward's severed hand which would connect it to be found by alpha team like in re1.

It would be understatement to describe remake and re4 as overrated since capcom cant stop producing re4 remakes / ports / reboots. Idk how long this will continue.

I think many will agree to rewrite history so that, among other things, Resident Evil 6 never came out the way it came out. That's what you want, right?

I think a Director's Cut Remake would be great. Any reason to play through it again is welcome.

I enjoyed Remake because it gave me a hit of nostalgia while also feeling like I was playing something new. That is what I always want from any remake, I want it to trigger memories from the original game combined with the experience of playing a new game. If I want a pure original experience I can play the original. My experiences with RE2 and RE3 originals and remakes were similar, I felt RE2 was great and RE3 was similarly good but short, which is how I feel about their remakes too.

I think many will agree to rewrite history so that, among other things, Resident Evil 6 never came out the way it came out. That's what you want, right?
Well, RE6 was the last game about Neo-Umbrella. That felt more representative of RE than what 7 and 8 focused on. Although of course, Capcom doesn't really have to follow any certain rules.

Something else Capcom will never bring up again, by the way.

Well, RE6 was the last game about Neo-Umbrella. That felt more representative of RE than what 7 and 8 focused on.
It was the first game about Neo-Umbrella as well. Because this is a criminal syndicate, the intents and purposes of which were not connected with the organization founded by Spencer and his colleagues. Just like Carla herself and her agenda had nothing to do with the ideas of Umbrella's doctrine in any shape or form.

Biohazard 6 was a game about The Family in the first place, and Neo-Umbrella was a faction of this shadowy organization that was established to conflict with Simmons and destroy the world, because Carla herself wanted it.

This plot and these organizations are relevant to the series just as much as The Connections, which was founded by Spencer's right-hand man, and Miranda's cult, which inspired Spencer. These organizations don't need to be called Another Neo-Umbrella or Umbrella's Forerunner to become more important than they already are.

And yet in BIO7 and Village there is an actual Umbrella, which, under the leadership of Wesker or his impostor, continues to build Spencer's dream of the evolution of the human species and utopian order. Does this not represent a series for you?

And what about those item boxes, electrocardiography, resources for saving progress and other countless nuances that make BIO7 and the game after it related to the series thematically and mechanically?

BIO6 is different from these games because the developers did homage to the incident in Raccoon City. That's why the game had a zombie apocalypse theme. It's cool, but other titles don't have to revolve around this theme, like the whole series. You yourself complain that developers don't stop milking Raccoon City, but why should they stop doing it if you yourself need Zombies and "Raccoon City" to "feel" the connection?

Something else Capcom will never bring up again, by the way.
Because it has already been done. Glenn Arias assimilated Neo-Umbrella and was defeated. I don't really know what other conclusion anyone needs, since this syndicate was merely a tool for Carla. It's not that important without her, and Carla's story was concluded in BIO6 itself. This is as strange as asking for the development of the cult of Chernobog after Miranda's death.

Top Bottom