• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 RE8 Dev Notes Leaked (Rumor)

https://twistedvoxel.com/rumor-resident-evil-8-will-be-third-person-might-bring-back-hook-man-still-early-in-development/

Now that Resident Evil 2 is finally out, it is time to talk about the next entry in the series and now rumors are slowly starting to buzz regarding what is currently planned for the next game.Resident Evil 2 is a major success for Capcom. The game has shipped 3 million copies in its debut week making it a great success for the developers. It was a long-demanded fan remake of the original Resident Evil 2. Capcom has also announced a lot of post-launch support for it beginning with a free DLC that adds a new gameplay mode, and costumes that represent the original PS1 character models.While Resident Evil 2 was creepy and tense with its Tyrant Mr. X that kept chasing you, this is something that might return with Resident Evil 8 as well.Evil VR is a twitter account created by someone with access to sources inside Capcom. It was started last year but didn’t really tweet much information until recently. Evil VR also tweeted about Resident Evil 2 getting a demo in January and shared some information on why there was no alternative old school camera available in the game at launch. He has now posted multiple updates on the development status of Resident Evil 2.

Since every rumor has to be taken with a grain of salt, keep this in mind for this one as well. This can be true or it can be likely fake. Even if this is true, the game sounds like it is still in early stage of development so things can change a lot from the concept to reality.

Resident Evil 8 Leak Update: New Details On Resident Evil 8 Project

• Resident Evil 8 “will take place on a recently-abandoned island where the secret laboratory is located.”
  • The story so far is to “uncover the truth behind the creation of Eveline and more of similar bio-weapons.”
  • “Some concepts from 3.5 (hook-man) will be borrowed for 8.
  • “Hallucinations will play a big part, getting players confused on what’s real or not.”
  • Capcom is debating on whether they want to make this a mainline game or spin-off.
  • After the praise received by Resident Evil 2, they will go with a third-person camera view.
  • Development on Resident Evil 8 started last year by a small team.
  • Capcom is also discussing Resident Evil 3 Remake internally.
  • Resident Evil 8 will be released only after Resident Evil 3 Remake is out.
  • Capcom has no interest in remaking Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6.

These are the only rumors surrounding Resident Evil 8 so far. They might be fake, or they might be true. It is best to approach this information with caution, although the person who is posting this has a history of sharing information earlier than any official announcement by Capcom. They talked about the Claire reveal for September, which happened at the end of August. Demo out with a trailer on January 11 and the launch trailer dropping on January 24, but these can also be summed up as an educated guess at best.

Yoke

Procrastinator Supreme
Assuming this is all true... That would be pretty neat actually. I think hallucinations is the way to go. I am kind of surprised they wont remake RE4 since it's pretty much the Skyrim of the RE series.

I don't want third-person back again despite enjoying RE2 overall. I think 7 showed first-person works best. Give me more first-person, any day.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
3 things that ı want to see in re3 remake: ( These ones come to my mind right now. )

1. Improved epilogue files that would reference re titles in an even better way.

2. More boss fight variety which is the only con about re3 imo. Other than nemesis, the only boss fight in re3 is grave digger and tbh, it's somewhat a pushover; especially if one's armed with grenade launcher loaded with acid rounds. Like for example; zombie elephant? Or infected gorillas? Idk if anyone has better ideas... ( Oh and hopefully they wont remove any monsters this time. I didnt like how spiders and giant moth is removed in re2 remake. )

3. Improved nemesis. Idk how can ı explain this but nemesis should be improved similar to how t-103 is in re2 remake when compared to re2. Also dont screw its voice please, it sounds like a robot in umbrella chronicles and like a grandpa in reorc. Dont forget the rocket launcher too. I dont want it to be armed with a gatling gun though.

I vote for Lickers and naked zombies in RE 3 Remake, and as for new boss battles i guess they could add a batlle with Nikolai where you get to make him loose his gun then later on you see him escape using a chopper (sort of implying that RE 3 remake will feature only endings where Nicholai never got killed during Raccoon City Incident, to solidify his survival as the canonical path of RE 3 events

The stuff that Evil VR posts appears to be his version of the guessing game. Until Capcom has official news, do not believe anything online. Also, keep away from "Michael Does Life" and his clickbait lies on YouTube.

I'm pretty sure the first two details about the plot and setting were first mentioned a long while ago by Dusk Golem. It would certainly make sense given how Not A Hero was retooled to remove any definitive resolution to the Mold, Umbrella, E-Type or The Connections etc. I've speculated for a while that it was because they came up with a new story for those details.

I want to see hunters experimented with the mold or more types of enemies.
I thought of an idea like that a while ago - since the Mold can control other organisms, why not use it to control B.O.W.s (like how Damnation Plaga control Lickers)?
Imagine a scenerio featuring Zombies, Hunters, Lickers, and a Tyrant, all infected and controlled by the Mold, fighting alongside Molded. Throw in hallucinations and it could have more variety than any game in the series.

I'm sure a game of that caliber would be likely to be announced at TGS at this time of the year, since E3 was back in June. Either way, I don't want to get excited over nothing. Even E3 this year wasn't terribly good. A lot of people got their hopes up about a Dino Crisis remake, or even something about Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and we got zip.

I'm hoping that all of this supposed "leaked information" turns out to be real. If it does, I think that we will be in for one hell of a good game!

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
RE8 is apparently being kept under heavy wraps, there's also the supposed unannounced game Anpo was working on that we haven't heard a single thing to this day.

I wouldn't mind seeing the following releases in this succession: Revelations 3, Resident Evil 8, CODE: Veronica.

Dusk said RE might nearly become an anual franchise for a while so here's hoping.

Top Bottom