• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 RE:3 Remake Thoughts

Someone on the forums for Upcoming Horror Movies said Capcom is the best they've ever been!

HA! HA! HA! ?

Opinions, of course.
He's not entirely wrong. I'd argue they were doing pretty damn great until RE3. RE7 and RE2 were pretty fantastic and did very well critically and were a good return to roots after the disaster of RE6. DMC5 was also amazing and everything everyone wanted from a sequel to DMC4. It was definitely well worth the wait for me anyway. And Monster Hunter World/Iceborne was the game that finally got me into monster Hunter and I've put over 200 hours into that game. Not to mention it's sold amazing and has been received very well. Just because RE3 was disappointing doesn't mean the company is suddenly terrible.

Could be a lot worse, they could be Naughty Dog right now. :rolleyes: Whoops

Someone needs to mod the city and allow access to places that were cut, or at least make it so that going back out of the train station leads back to the first area. If they can screw around and put in dinosaurs just for fun someone can make actual content.

The beginning of the game in Jill's apartment was pretty cool. I think that's one of the few parts I actually like. The rest of it has already gone whoosh outta my brain, and I don't care that it has. It's that unmemorable!

Shitbird?! Take a f*cking hint?! It's like Arklay on steroids?! Meh. The dialogue is so very bad, and it's arguably worse than RE from 1996.

Yet somehow, I cannot say it's the worst game I've ever played. I guess Capcom has that way with people.

The Chronicles games were boring shooting games. However, what they did right was reimagine RE2 and 3 in the right sort of way. The modern day games suck due to the awful dialogue from the writers. Sack their butts, Capcom, and bring back greatness.

He's not entirely wrong. I'd argue they were doing pretty damn great until RE3. RE7 and RE2 were pretty fantastic and did very well critically and were a good return to roots after the disaster of RE6. DMC5 was also amazing and everything everyone wanted from a sequel to DMC4. It was definitely well worth the wait for me anyway. And Monster Hunter World/Iceborne was the game that finally got me into monster Hunter and I've put over 200 hours into that game. Not to mention it's sold amazing and has been received very well. Just because RE3 was disappointing doesn't mean the company is suddenly terrible.

Could be a lot worse, they could be Naughty Dog right now. :rolleyes: Whoops

I disagree about 7 and RE2 '19 being fantastic. RE7 started this trend of lackluster mediocrity and the remakes afterward just continued it and reinforced it with each entry. It is really unfortunate that Capcom (with the exception of Street Fighter) have had good games while the RE franchise has been floundering.

But yes, they could be actively spitting in their consumers faces like ND. But with how many companies in the past five years have turned face, it wouldn't be a surpise if they were next.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Mediocre game at best, but I'd put this below the mediocre bar actually. There is a serious lack of content and even love and care put into this game. And I'm saying this because I'm comparing RE2 remake to this, RE2 even got things that RE3 should have had like a bunch of outfits, extra game modes and other nice extras like Wesker's samurai edge and the original RE3 soundtrack should have been part of the package.

This game is simply not worth $60 it should have been around $40 like Maneater

I disagree about 7 and RE2 '19 being fantastic. RE7 started this trend of lackluster mediocrity and the remakes afterward just continued it and reinforced it with each entry. It is really unfortunate that Capcom (with the exception of Street Fighter) have had good games while the RE franchise has been floundering.

But yes, they could be actively spitting in their consumers faces like ND. But with how many companies in the past five years have turned face, it wouldn't be a surpise if they were next.
I mean, you have the right to your opinion but the general consensus seems to think otherwise:

RE7 Metacritic.pngRE2 Metacritic.png

It's not just critics but I've seen most other places highly praise both these games and they're generally highly regarded unlike RE3. RE2 Remake is nothing compared to REmake in my own opinion and I was disappointed with a lot of it upon release but it still was probably in the top 5 games I played in 2019. RE3 I feel like has been utterly forgotten in comparison already and it only came out a few months ago.

RE3 was a bomb. RE2 was too, in my opinion. I don't see how people praise RE2 when that's not without its flaws either. The canonical aspects seem to have gone cheerio. Marvin wasn't even bitten by Brad Vickers. He was chomped on by some other zombie.

Shinji Mikami giving a RE4 remake his blessing is a bad sign. ?

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
While I am curious bout RE8, considering the rumors about Chris, Alex and the setting. I still don't care for this new direction the series took with RE7, now it's better than say RE6 or ORC but it's a bit off. It depends on what they do with the lore and the characters we love.

But these Remakes are all disappointing to some degree. To think RE2 was going to be far worse... Nick talked about how the story was totally different in an interview with the SphereHunter, so yeah RE2 could have been as bad as RE3. Now I wonder how RE4 will turn out, because we're reliably informed that the team behind that game is larger than the others.

I’m surprised people don’t like RE2 remake it’s my new favorite in the series. They cut some small things but added so much that it felt like a new expansive adventure. I don’t get hung up on small cannon issues as this series has been impossible to actually put everything together for a lonnnng time. RE3 on the other hand removed a ton of stuff and didn’t really add anything significant in my opinion.

I am disappointed that RE8 is first person again (meh). The story sounds more interesting than RE7 at least. Not that RE7 was bad, but it didn't quite feel like a RE game. This one won't either, I guess, but it sounds more interesting. At least from the initial hearsay. It's good that Dusk Golem has kept us with something interesting to ponder over, as we'd be bored otherwise.

And yeah. Maybe we are hard on RE2 a bit too much. RE3 was the bigger screw up!

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
I am interested to see what RE8 is actually going to be like, as far as I heard; new Chris model, Alex is coming back, the setting is essentially the Village and the Castle of RE4 which are the best part of that game. And it's going to be gory as hell.

It's about time they show what they've been cooking, I'll wait and see if they show anything at the ps5 event on the 11th we need a trailer at least

I am kind of glad that they aim to release new games as soon as they can now, provided they aren't done in a sloppy way. But you are right. Sounds like similar assets will be carried across for RE4. Maybe it's even the same village. Some could call it Capcom being a bit on the lazy side. But Capcom has a lot on their schedule. ?

I kind of hate 30 second trailers for games where you see something you may like, but there's no gameplay on offer, and then there's the gloomy realisation that the game isn't actually anywhere close to being completed. I like to see games that are more or less in their later stages, about to hit the market. Just doesn't get me quite as enthusiastic for something if it's for a game that's in reality, going to be ages away from even spinning in my PS5 or whatever.

I don't think discs even really spin anymore. Right? ?

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Yeah it better be a proper trailer, 30 seconds teasers or trailers for trailers don't build hype they just annoy fans.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
The only thing I didn't like then was Ethan coming back and now that Alex is a secondary villain, the silver lining is that it probably means she will survive again and come back as a main villain in the future. At least that's what I hope, that's what the last Wesker deserves.

Top Bottom