• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 Re3 Remake Gameplay Footage

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

What does everyone think of this?

Personally this video is interesting and ı like how nemesis is very agile as well as the improved dodge mechanic from re3 ( You can perform one at any time however with correct timing, you'll perform a perfect dodge which gives you invincibility frames. ) however ı'm not a big fan of some of the choices.

Hunter gammas look very different compared to original and they apparently only perform an instant kill attack. I dont like this decision for these monsters, ı wished they performed more attacks other than one.

The youtuber also says that the gunpowder mechanic in the game is the exactly same as the one in re2 remake. I hope this info is false, from all pre-re4 main re games, re3 had the deepest combat mechanics and the ways you could combine gunpowders were huge, it had a better gunpowder mechanic than re7 and re2 remake.

Last edited:
Jill's new voice actress just keeps delivering each time I hear her. Already sounds like it's shaping up to be one of the strongest performances in the series imo. I cannot wait to see how Jill will handle Nikolai! I loved everything shown in this new footage. The character interactions and personalities, the environments, enemy designs, and mechanics.

Jill seems to be closing out another console era with a bang. Never would've guessed her being ejected from her role in CV, would eventually lead to something like this years later. The fact this game was in the works before we even saw actual footage of RE2's re-imagining makes me smile. Such a great way to re-introduce Jill, Nemesis, and the others to a newer and wider audience, and show off Raccoon City's destruction. I'm ready for this game!

Last edited:
There are some other things that some sites didn't mention and others did:

Unlike RE2, 3 remixes some tracks from the original.

There are more possible Gun Powder combinations than 2.

There is no one hit kill for Nemesis.

There is a file in game that confirms the sewer things really are the Hunter Gammas.

Capcom confirmed there is no Mercenaries mode.

Nemesis still drops items when defeated.

There is a enemy that the testers can't talk about, that isn't Spiders, Grave Digger or Crows.

Who misses the spiders, the plants, and the crows? Hell, even RE4 had crows that, for some reason, didn't attack you.

They probably weren't infected birds. But they were still staples of the series up to a point. This is something we cannot wrap our heads around. Some enemies stayed in, but others were omitted.

The game looks pretty damn great, especially Nemesis. Loving the new deisgns of the Gammas too! I think the only two complaints I have are that I'm not sold on both Jill's appearance/new voice and the drain Deimos look a bit too spider-like and seem a little weak. I guess I was expecting something more akin to this games version of a licker.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
So, Carlos will still try to hit on Jill, although not like in the past, where he was like "I'm every girl's wet dream" lol I still hope to see Jill bitchslapping Carlos like in the original.
My fear was that Jill would sound too whiny, like reboot Lara but thankfully that isn't the case.
Glad Nemesis is still running after you and now he even leaps. Holy Hell! Hopefully, he'll pop up randomly, kinda like the Xenomorph in Alien Isolation.
All in all, I'm looking forward. I still think Jill's clothing is kinda generic but oh well...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I don't remember anyone in previous RE games said "F**K" before.
Correct me if I'm wrong?
I believe cursing in re games started with re5. There were a few of them in re5 and re6. The amount of cursing started to increase with rerev2 ( Moira curses a lot and it's even lambshaded in the game. ) and there are even more in re7 and re2 remake.

Example: " I'll get you, you fucker! " Claire in re2 remake.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I hope re3 remake will have more boss variety than the original game, other than nemesis; the only boss in re3 is grave digger which is easy to kill.

I would like to see epilogue files return as well.

It's a shame mercenaries wont return, ı wished it came back. I know there's resistance but if it's online exclusive similar to dlc online modes in re5 and re6, then ı dont think ı'll spend that much time in it.

I believe cursing in re games started with re5. There were a few of them in re5 and re6. The amount of cursing started to increase with rerev2 ( Moira curses a lot and it's even lambshaded in the game. ) and there are even more in re7 and re2 remake.

Example: " I'll get you, you fucker! " Claire in re2 remake.

That's right. I forgot that line from Remake2.
I love Remake2's gaming experience, but the dialog is really not as momerable as the original. Maybe because it's too colloquial.

I hope re3 remake will have more boss variety than the original game, other than nemesis; the only boss in re3 is grave digger which is easy to kill.

I would like to see epilogue files return as well.

It's a shame mercenaries wont return, ı wished it came back. I know there's resistance but if it's online exclusive similar to dlc online modes in re5 and re6, then ı dont think ı'll spend that much time in it.
I have a feeling we'll be getting a few more bosses this go around. The drain Deimos being smaller and in a hive around the substation makes me think we might fight a bigger, boss version at some point. Some of the previews mentioned there were things they can't talk about yet either. Dusk Golem also recently hinted that the game may have brand new enemies that weren't in the original game. Enemy variety seems to be a strength this go around luckily.

I don’t hate the flamethrower but it seems completely unnecessary given that Nemesis was designed to assassinate Stars members. It leaves him completely open to attack and gives his position away. Seems unpractical to me but it won’t ruin the game for me.

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
Looks great so far :D

Carlos hitting on Jill was hilarious, the dodge and overall gameplay looks amazing.
However, I'm a bit concerned that Nemesis will spam his tentacle grap and making him more of a nuisance than a threat.
Nemesis being able to teleport is also weird. In the original, he just ran or jumped off rooftops. This is definitely Action-Horror-DBZ, eh?

:D
RE3 was always a bit more action oriented than its predecessors but it was still scary as hell.

Top Bottom